• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Niantic hosting Equinox event for Pokemon Go with tons of bonuses

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
http://pokemongolive.com/en/post/equinox2017

equinox2017.jpg

Trainers,

With cool autumn nights quickly approaching in the Northern Hemisphere and sunny spring days arriving in the Southern Hemisphere, we thought it would be the perfect time to celebrate the coming equinox with an in-game event. New seasons mean new adventures!

From 1:00 P.M. PDT on September 22 to 1:00 P.M. PDT on October 2, 2017, you’ll have the opportunity to earn double Stardust for catching Pokémon and hatching Eggs as you walk around your neighborhood discovering new sights. While you’re out exploring, be sure to visit your local PokéStops and Gyms to collect special 2 km Eggs that have the opportunity to hatch Pokémon such as Chansey, Mareep, Larvitar, and more. You’ll also be able to get special boxes from the in-game shop that feature items like Lucky Eggs, Lure Modules, and all-new Super Incubators which hatch Eggs 1.5 times quicker!

Registering a new Pokémon to your Pokédex during this limited-time celebration will earn you triple the normal XP. So that makes this a very good time to battle against the Legendary Pokémon originally from the Johto region. Don’t forget that Raikou, Entei, or Suicune will each travel to a new part of the world on September 30, so make sure to battle the Legendary Pokémon currently in your area while you can!

—The Pokémon GO team

JoeM86

We need them to offer us incubators that don't break, not for them to sell us incubators which are used up 1.5 times as fast. That's a sneaky business practice

We need them to offer us incubators that don't break, not for them to sell us incubators which are used up 1.5 times as fast. That's a sneaky business practice

Genuine question - what else do you spend coins on? I've maxed out my upgrades and don't need extra raid passes while the bosses are monthly. Every three days I buy an incubator with the 150 coins I've earned til then. And I'm still playing for free.

JoeM86

Genuine question - what else do you spend coins on? I've maxed out my upgrades and don't need extra raid passes while the bosses are monthly. Every three days I buy an incubator with the 150 coins I've earned til then. And I'm still playing for free.

I've stopped spending it on Incubators. I'm not only doing special bundles that include things like Raid Passes

I may buy a load of Incubators when Gen 3 comes

Trogdor1123

Same here, don't see the issue.

Juraash

I was literally saying to my fiance last night that the lack of an event just like this has really killed our desire to go out and play. But this seems like an awesome event and one that makes me actually want to participate. The raids are nice when everything aligns but I was getting a little burnt out on that being the only thing they were pushing.

8bit

Knows the Score
Raids ruined it for me, the local gyms are blocked during the day with Pokemon no one wants to waste a raid pass on and flipped at night by whoever is out roaming the forests. Roll on Gen 3.

Awesome, needed a new event, was getting very bored with the game, and hatching eggs loses its excitement when there's nothing left you need.

I do want a high IV Chansey to evolve so if I get one of those out of this event I'll be happy.

Registering a new Pokémon to your Pokédex during this limited-time celebration will earn you triple the normal XP

Oh, boy, I'm glad I saved a bunch new evolutions for an event like this. Time to pop a Lucky Egg!

teeny

Hahahaha, just as I complete my dex to the best of my ability. Oh well, the stardust will be very welcome. And I have a full complement of 10k eggs ready to pop.

T.O.P

Banned
Gonna farm like crazy, always way too low on Dust

People from my GO group are way more excited for this event than the legendaries lmao

There is a surprising lack of "people still play this" in the thread, in that it's not 99% "people still play this" comments.

I actually wasn't expecting an event now, because it seemed like the next candy/XP/special pokes event would be Halloween for sure, and that Niantic was expecting legendary raids to hold people over until then. Raids are dying in my fairly well-populated city, so this seems like a good way to bring people back in prep for the legendary beasts rotating territories. Most people could use more Chanseys, Mareeps and Larvitars, and the stardust is great for everyone.

This is great for me personally because I've been sitting on a bunch of gen 2 evolves to add to my dex, so I can take advantage of my last lucky egg and the 3x XP bonus for new dex entries when I do a mass evolve.

I can't find a single Mareep or Larvitar around here so yes, I'll be looking around.

As for coins, it's really hard to get them here. It sucks that some people have access to tons of gyms to bring in coins while others have to buy them, when everyone needs to improve bags and get more incubators.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
The only thing I'm interested in is Tyrogues. I've hatched 7 Tyrogues, none which were potential Hitmontops, my last missing piece (aside from regionals).

SuomiDude

This will surely get me walking more again. I've lost most interest in the game by now as the legendaries aren't really legendaries anymore, being so common and there's not much else to do anymore with almost full Pokedex. But double stardust and some rarer Pokemon will be great news.

Piers

Still cba with raids until they allow players to see how many people there are in a lobby from any distance. It's annoying to have to walk all the way to a raid just to find out it has zero players.

It's still a step in the right direction though.

T.O.P

Banned
That's not how event bonuses for hatching work. Hatching is based on the date the egg was discovered.

But it stil workd for double sturdust i think?

Last time the event was on i remember hatching 10km eggs and getting all the bonuses for it

Rush_Khan

Just wondering, do you still need to have the app active to count steps for eggs? That was the one thing that burnt me (and my phone's battery) on the game.

I would like to get the new eggs but for some reason you still can't get rid of the eggs in your inventory...

Just wondering, do you still need to have the app active to count steps for eggs? That was the one thing that burnt me (and my phone's battery) on the game.

Yes, you still need to play the game for that.

More hyped for this that I've been for Raids, to be quite honest. Hoping to get some more Larvitars for the candy, a good Chansey ... for um, reasons, and a good few Mareeps. Stardust is very welcome too

I wonder if these will spawn as well, or if they just become common in eggs. It would suck if you only got a few eggs because you had to clear out your backlog, and it turned out that you got a bunch of Paras instead.

I can't hear "host" and "Pokémon" and "equinox" without hoping all of this is an occult ritual to make Pokémon real.

Use me as a vessel, Niantic, summon them to our world! Cast your ancient spell and pull apart the veil between our realms!

I wonder if these will spawn as well, or if they just become common in eggs. It would suck if you only got a few eggs because you had to clear out your backlog, and it turned out that you got a bunch of Paras instead.
They would mention it if the spawns are increased. But yeah I agree with you. The last egg event burnt me out. Spent $30 and never got a Lapras. I know it's rng but come on, I spent real money. Lol. /entitlement

Top Bottom