• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nicolas Cage to play ...” Nicolas Cage” in a upcoming movie

GV82

The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent (can there be anything more Cage-like?), The Hollywood Reporter has learned. The meta movie project has a script by Tom Gormican and Kevin Etten, with Gormican attached to direct.

Cage, if deals close, would star as actor Nicolas Cage. The character is desperate to get a role in a new Tarantino movie while also dealing with a strained relationship with his teenage daughter. He also occasionally talks to an egotistical 1990s version of himself who rides him for making too many crappy movies and for not being a star anymore.

Hollywood Reporter Article

8O0FaAk.jpg

tClHyBR.jpg

Hinedorf

Banned
My wife's favorite movies are National Treasure 1 and 2..... if those shit movies are on TV I'll know the minute I hear their shit soundtracks. Granted I don't hate these movies but every time she watches she asks the question "Why didn't they ever make a third movie?!"

The pictures/gifs here sum it up pretty sufficiently

Punished Miku

Gold Member
My wife's favorite movies are National Treasure 1 and 2..... if those shit movies are on TV I'll know the minute I hear their shit soundtracks. Granted I don't hate these movies but every time she watches she asks the question "Why didn't they ever make a third movie?!"

The pictures/gifs here sum it up pretty sufficiently
You poor bastard.

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
He could pull this off. He's been in a lot of crap, but it's not like he doesn't have the skill to turn good material into good work.

I think the truth is that Nicolas Cage puts an amount of effort into his work that is commensurate with what the final movie will be. I haven't seen him give a bad performance in a good movie, and I haven't seen him give a good performance in a bad movie.

Gargus

Banned
Glad he is still around. Just watched wild at hear last night with him.

He started out playing small stuff, then got huge, then dissapeared, and now is making a big come back again in smaller stuff. Every damn day I see something about a new movie he is in. I dont think he will ever really go away and I'm ok with that. I tend to like his smaller and weird roles in strange movies the best. Put him in a big budget movie or something mainstream and I dont care for it as much.

Might turn out really well given how crazy Cage’s personality comes off as.

Jean-Claude Van Damme gave a pretty damn good performance playing himself in JCVD.

I really liked him in Jean claude van Johnson. That was pretty damn entertaining. He was himself in it......kind of.

Top Bottom