• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nicole (Spartan 458) has Active Camo in DOA4!?

From what we could gather after sampling the character for a few play sessions, Nicole is a slower, powerful character, offering the qualities of a heavy-weight fighter. With her Pillar of Autumn move, she picks up opponents and sends them flying. Her MAC Lunge move pounds opponents with a speedy right fist. Nicole also has a couple of Halo-inspired moves, including active camouflage which makes her translucent, and a plasma grenade which causes an explosion in the opponent after a few moments.

:lol :lol :lol

Q: Can you discuss some of her moves? We noticed her active camouflage move and the plasma grenade, for instance.

Itagaki: The purpose of those is to just add fun. It's just more fun to have those kinds of moves in the game. This is a game where, in the safari stage, you can get attacked by a cheetah, so we can have a lot of elements that are in there just for the playful aspect. And it's just cool to have her attach a plasma grenade and have you blow up, or have her turn invisible using the active camouflage. Those kind of things just add to the fun, and add more depth, making her character more interesting.

Q: Does the camofauge actually give her an advantage, or is it just for show?

Itagaki: I'd say you'd actually have a better advantage with Hitomi wearing black pants because you can't see the movements of her legs in darker stages.

Right now, one of the final things we're deciding is whether or not to allow the active camouflage in Online competitive play. At this point, we're tentatively thinking of not allowing it for Online play because we don't want anyone to be accused of being cheap. But the people who've played it have said that they'd really like to use it in Online as well, so just as we have throughout this entire process, we're having communications with Bungie to make a final decision. One solution could be to make it available Online only when two Spartans are fighting each other, because then neither has an advantage.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/673/673089p1.html

discuss?

Mr Jared

The sticky grenade idea reminds me a bit too much of Link in SC2 (Lame), but I have no problems with active camo. in fact, I think that's pretty damned awesome.

Besides, you can still see her while she has the camo. It's not like say, Twelve in 3rd Strike or one of the ninjas in Mortal Kombat. That was total invisiblity and funny enough, even in those two examples it's never a big advantage.

My frothing demand for DOA4 increases :D

raYne

The End said:
This was awesome when they did it in Virtua Fighter 4 Three Years Ago
Because no other fighter before that had a character that could turn invisible?

Nikashi said:
Dec 14th at least check.
Yeah, that's supposedly the date.... I'll believe it when I see good confirmation.

The End

ahem.

vf4e4.jpg

raYne

The End said:
Again.. and?

It ties into the series she's from! Same with the plasma grenade etc. Holy shit, not everything has to do with VF!

It's been done way before that.

Mr Jared

The End said:

It was cool when Mario jumped in, you know, SUPER MARIO BROS. Not in this gay Strikers game. I mean, what the fuck?

. . .

Spartans can use active camo. A Spartan uses active camo in DOA4. I do not see a problem with this.

Sandman42

Geez is that be nice. You are playing a tough battle on the jungle stage and *BAM* cheeta in the face. What a nice way to lose.

The End

raYne said:
Again.. and?

It ties into the series she's from! Same with the plasma grenade etc. Holy shit, not everything has to do with VF!

It's been done way before that.

Just one more thing Itagaki owes Yu Suzuki for.

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
The plasma grenade move is just a throw, so it's not a projectile. Nicole grabs the opponent, sticks the plasma grenade into them and tosses them away. Then a second later it explodes. :D

The active camo is just her taunt move... you can still see her outline though, so it's not really that cheap. In fact it's not cheap at all.

Mr Jared

Reno said:
The plasma grenade move is just a throw, so it's not a projectile. Nicole grabs the opponent, sticks the plasma grenade into them and tosses them away. Then a second later it explodes. :D

The active camo is just her taunt move... you can still see her outline though, so it's not really that cheap. In fact it's not cheap at all.

1) That is the coolest thing I've ever heard. Worries == Gone

2) So it IS like Twelve, only with more visiblitiy. That is cool.

Now what would be even BETTER. . were if it was released this year.

Reno said:

sticks it where?

nice to hear the camo isn't cheap... how long does it last? or is it like Zack's lights on taunt? does it turn off when hit?

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Reno said:

Does the plasma grenade make the Halo 2 sound?

GhaleonEB

m0dus said:
And you do understand that Itagaki debunked that particular myth a LOOOONG time ago, right?

Yeah, what Sega gave Tecmo was the license to use Model 2. Bit of a difference there.

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
The Faceless Master said:
sticks it where?

nice to hear the camo isn't cheap... how long does it last? or is it like Zack's lights on taunt? does it turn off when hit?

She sticks it in their stomach. Think of it as like Rasengan from Naruto... she plants it in their stomach and they go flying and... boom.

Camo turns off after a clean hit, yes.

Reno said:
She sticks it in their stomach. Think of it as like Rasengan from Naruto... she plants it in their stomach and they go flying and... boom.

Camo turns off after a clean hit, yes.
what about on block? does it run out by itself? you know i dont watch naruto!

The End

Umm...not to stir any more shit, but couldn't they made her a little hotter? You know, some formfitting armor or something?

Top Bottom