• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NieR Automata E3 2016 boss battle footage

jwk94

There's no way those are the actual, in-game graphics, right? Like, holy shit that looks unbelievable.

KraytarJ

BPw7TG_CEAA7RGt.jpg:large

Ummm, wow. :O

That sold me on the game, completely. The music is so beautiful and amazing, the combat looks awesome, and the visuals are great -- really great.

Edit: I seriously can't get over how good the music is. I need the soundtrack yesterday.

convo

Please don't suck story wise.

I take it that you haven't played the first one?

These games have always flunked on the gameplay but had fascinating stories to make up for it. Now that we get both people are confused how such a beutiful thing was allowed to happen.

Wow; that looks really awesome. Like, far better than I was expecting. Love the fluid character movement and the look of the combat. Do you need knowledge of the first game to play this?

Also, I find it fairly ironic that this looks so much better than Scalebound when that's directed by Kamiya and blatantly has a much larger budget.

vivekTO

This genuinely look great gameplay wise. this gen really lack some hack n slash games.
I miss dmc4(i only played this dmc)

mcz117chief

These games have always flunked on the gameplay but had fascinating stories to make up for it. Now that we get both people are confused how such a beutiful thing was allowed to happen.

Well it's more like that the story might take a back seat in favour of superior gameplay. Like Drakengard 3, good gameplay, ok story.

Seyavesh

Wow; that looks really awesome. Like, far better than I was expecting. Love the fluid character movement and the look of the combat. Do you need knowledge of the first game to play this?

Also, I find it fairly ironic that this looks so much better than Scalebound when that's directed by Kamiya and blatantly has a much larger budget.

the director (yoko taro) straight up said that people coming in from the first game will actually be more confused than new players and that he designs every game to be individual experiences so that no knowledge of prior entries or whatever will ever be required

so far he's held pretty true to his words- while many of his games are tangentially connected nothing ingame in terms of story or themes requires prior knowledge to understand

Peff

8cCqXsL.gif

I still find it hard to believe that this turned out to be Platinum's next big budget project. Who would have thought.

Top Bottom