• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NieR Automata has sold 6.5m units according to Square Enix

Draugoth

Gold Member
NieR Automata has sold 6.5m units according to Square Enix

NieR Automata Fan Festival 12022 announced for November this year This event is meant to celebrate Automata's 5th anniversary and will include talks from the staff, voice actors and a concert

FWV-_q0WYAIa6PC
FWV_QQdWIAAyyrW

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Couldn't have happened to a nicer dude.

Just a reminder that your purchases matter. 2 million sales lifted Yoko Taro from complete obscurity into one of the leading creators at SQEX, with funding for his next multiple projects.

2 million extra sales on Red Dead, Assassin's Creed or GTA is literally not even noticed and changes nothing. Support under dog creators that deserve it.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
I have been fan of Yoko Taro since original Drakengard, but back then his games barely notice anyone other than very, very few fans. And now seeing his games actually selling is fantastic feeling as long time fan.

Now l hope to see Drakengard 3 remake or Drakengard 4 or whole new IP.
Seriously, I've been into his stuff since Drakengard as well, when I didn't know his name. Drakengard 3 .... BADLY needs a remake lol. Literally one of the most technically flawed games I've played in my entire life. I think it dipped to like 4 fps during boss fights lol. But the material there is great!

Honestly, they should hire the guys that did NieR Replicant remake to remake both Drakengard and Drakengard 3. Not sure if they'll end up skipping 2 since he didn't work on it. But those would be appropriate remakes for a small team like that, and they're actually needed.

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Seriously, I've been into his stuff since Drakengard as well, when I didn't know his name. Drakengard 3 .... BADLY needs a remake lol. Literally one of the most technically flawed games I've played in my entire life. I think it dipped to like 4 fps during boss fights lol. But the material there is great!

Honestly, they should hire the guys that did NieR Replicant remake to remake both Drakengard and Drakengard 3. Not sure if they'll end up skipping 2 since he didn't work on it. But those would be appropriate remakes for a small team like that, and they're actually needed.
I Platinum Drakengard 3 and I’m not even graphics obsessive but yeah Drakengard 3 is technical disaster but I has absolutely fascinating character and story and surprisingly solid combat in rare cases it worked.

and that true final boss

I really do want to see original Drakengard remake but these days people are way too oversensitive, so I don’t see that happening unless they severely change part of the story which I don’t want to see.

Rykan

This is going to be one of those threads that's going to have a disproportionate emphasis on the lead designer of the game isn't it?

Oh wait it's a Japanese game, so of course there will be.

Last edited:

Kerotan

Couldn't have happened to a nicer dude.

Just a reminder that your purchases matter. 2 million sales lifted Yoko Taro from complete obscurity into one of the leading creators at SQEX, with funding for his next multiple projects.

2 million extra sales on Red Dead, Assassin's Creed or GTA is literally not even noticed and changes nothing. Support under dog creators that deserve it.
Very good point. And if you buy games like this day 1 you are helping so much.

Shifty1897

Waiting for it to go on sale on PSN before I pick it up again. I think if you play the game on PS5 back-compat it brute forces the PS4 Pro version to a locked 60fps at 1080p.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I really want Yoko Taro continue with Drakengard timeline.

35-120q1mS.gif

CitizenZ

Banned
Ooof. Its good but wayyyyyyy over rated. After the initial opening the combat/ rpg systems in place are an absolute snooze fest. I think I completed 1/2 of the endings but while I liked a lot of the game early it really is weak.

Go_Ly_Dow

They were initially estastic at 1mil and then 2 mil copies sold. So at 6.5mil this game is no doubt a massive success.

Really happy for Taro and especially Platinum, if I remember correctly, they were at their lowest and this deal with Square helped them stay afloat financially. Even Kamiya was all praise for Taro and his team social media about it.

Couldn't have happened to a nicer dude. Just a reminder that your purchases matter. 2 million sales lifted Yoko Taro from complete obscurity into one of the leading creators at SQEX, with funding for his next multiple projects. 2 million extra sales on Red Dead, Assassin's Creed or GTA is literally not even noticed and changes nothing. Support under dog creators that deserve it.

This. So. Much.

Also helps that the game is godtier with multiple great endings/good writing.

Really happy for Taro and especially Platinum, if I remember correctly, they were at their lowest and this deal with Square helped them stay afloat financially. Even Kamiya was all praise for Taro and his team social media about it.

This. So. Much.

Also helps that the game is godtier with multiple great endings/good writing.

Agreed story is top ten best videogame stories of all time

played and still own the original near on ps3, loved the game, the music, characters and story. this makes me super happy as i bought automata day 1 and the remake

Top Bottom