• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NieR Music Concert (Nico Nico Douga Live Paid Stream) (Information + Order Guide)

chrono01

506758.jpg

For those that don't know, on May 5th (JST) there will be a set of live concerts in Japan centered around Nier. You know the music, you love the music, and I bet you want to hear it being played live (even if you can't be there in-person). But you probably never purchased a live-stream through Nico Nico Douga, or maybe you don't even have an account there to begin with. It's okay, don't worry, I'm here to help you out!

Date: (All times are in JST)

May 5th (11:30AM Doors Open, 12:00PM Concert Start)

Event Page: http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv295057902

May 5th (15:30PM Doors Open, 16:00PM Concert Start)

Event Page: http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv295058035

Price:

2,000 Yen for the afternoon/evening showings.
3,000 Yen for both showings.

*Important*

Credit cards are the only method of payment available to people outside of Japan.

Introduction:

Now that we have the formalities out of the way, you need to create a Nico Nico Douga account. Feel free to skip this section if you already have one. For those that don't, it's really easy. It doesn't have to be a Premium account or anything, a free one will suffice. Simply go to http://www.nicovideo.jp/, click that nice-looking yellow button in the upper left of the page, and follow the directions. Congratulations, you are now a Nico Nico Douga member!

Nico Nico Douga Points:

The next thing you'll need to do is load up your account with enough Nico Nico Douga Points to purchase the Nier Music Concert tickets. Go to the URL listed below.

https://point.nicovideo.jp/index/purchase/

They have amounts in many denominations, so you can choose whichever it is that you require, either 2,000 for the afternoon or evening concert, or 3,000 for the bundle. Look at the top of this post for the concert information to confirm which time would work best for you. Once you've decided, click on the button that signifies the amount you require and it'll take you to the payment page.

Scroll down the page until you see the "JCB/MasterCard/VISA" payment option. Select that, and it'll take you to another page. Enter your credit card information and all that, confirm (click
NN2.png
), enter your Verified By VISA (if applicable), and you're done! Well, this part anyway.

Ticket Purchase:

Now that your account is loaded with some amazing Nico Nico Douga Points, it's time to purchase that NieR Music Concert ticket! Go to the URL below to do exactly that.

https://secure.live.nicovideo.jp/event/nier0505

This is the main page for the event. We don't know yet whether the track-list will differ between the two showings or not, or what exclusive content (if any) there will be for each. Chances are they will (mostly) be the same (aside from there being a slight difference in the special guest showings), so choose whichever time works best for you. Once again, keep in mind that these afternoon/evening showings are based in JST, so do a little time conversion on your end to make sure the time is appropriate.

Once you've decided, click the link next to the ticket you want. It'll take you to another page with more information on the event (start date/time, etc.). Scroll further down the page and you'll see a red button. It's pretty self-explanatory, but I'll attach a picture just to be sure you know what I'm talking about.

NN1.png

Since you credited your account earlier with points specifically for this purchase, you can go ahead and complete the transaction! In the prompt box, click the red button again to confirm.

TICKETS PURCHASED!

To watch the stream after purchasing the tickets:

Now that you have everything completed, you just have to wait for the event to start! To view your purchased tickets, head to your "My Nico" page, located here:

http://live.nicovideo.jp/my

From there, just scroll down a bit and you can see all of your purchased live-stream tickets, such as the NieR Music Concert one you just bought. When the event starts (or close to it), click on the ticket shown in your My Page, and choose "Event Overview". It'll take you to the event page that will showcase the stream when it starts. Alternatively, you can use the URL's I listed above in the "Date" section to go directly to each event page. As I mentioned before, the doors for the stream open 30 minutes prior to each concert, so it gives you more than enough time for you to get comfortable before the magic happens.

Conclusion:

Anyway, I hope the above guide was helpful to a few people. I know purchasing tickets through a Japanese service such as Nico Nico Douga seems daunting, but it's really not. All you really need is a credit card and you're good to go. They make the process pretty painless, once you know the steps you need to follow.

As for me, I couldn't resist and purchased the afternoon/evening bundle, so I can watch the both concerts. I figured it was only another 1,000 yen, so the value was there. Plus it'll be interesting to see if there are any differences between the two, both in song selection as well as guest appearances. There probably won't be a lot of deviations between the two, but NeiR is special to me, so it's worth seeing the concert live (albeit through a live-stream) twice. If you can't afford both, I'd definitely recommend at least purchasing one of the streams (afternoon or evening, either works!), especially if you're a fan of NieR's music as much as I am.

I should mention, 30 minutes after the stream ends, you'll have a period of time in which you can "Time-Shift" the concert and watch it as many times as you want. It's usually valid for a few weeks or so before it expires, so even if you can't catch everything live (or watch the whole thing in one sitting) you can always go back and watch it later (at least for as long as the Time-Shift is available).

Glory to mankind.

chrono01

What are you hoping to hear?

Voice of No Return and Birth of a Wish are my top two requests.
Sorry, missed this response. :/

Oh man, where do I start? My most wanted song would probably be "Weight of the World (Japanese Version)", just to see if the singer (Marina Kowano) is as emotional as in the album recording. I kind of want to hear Emil's Shop performed live too, just for the insanity of it all.

As for other songs, Amusement Park, Emil/Despair, Alien Manifestation, Song of the Ancients, Birth of a Wish, A Beautiful Song...I'd better stop here. I'm going to list the entire OST at this rate. Needless to say, what I want to hear is A LOT. I'm curious as to what the ratio Nier and Nier Automata songs will be. Good thing I love both OST's, I can't lose! Really hoping we hear more of Automata, though.

Oh, update. For those that bought tickets, the afternoon (JST) stream opens in 47 minutes, but the actual concert begins in 77 minutes (http://live.nicovideo.jp/gate/lv295057902). The second showing will be later in the evening (http://live.nicovideo.jp/gate/lv295058035).

Golnei

Thanks for this! Wasn't expecting to hear Automata's soundtrack live so soon :)

Glory

To

Mankind.

Technically, it's had live performances since before the game even came out. But I am a little surprised that they were following up on the last (set of) concert(s?) so soon.

The setlist is right there on the livestream page, so no surprises anymore.

City Ruins
Amusement Park
Memories of Dust

Peaceful Sleep
A Beautiful Song
Vague Hope

Song of the Ancients - Atonement
Pascal
The Sound of the End

Alien Manifestation
Tower
Bipolar Nightmare
Mourning

Weight of the World

Zero songs from the first game are listed, but there could be a surprise encore at the end.

With just a guitar, piano, and string section, this concert has been sticking to the most basic version of each song so far. Of course, that also highlights how much work the composers did with instrumentation and arrangement alone.

Then there's A Beautiful Song, which finally made them bring out the prerecorded tracks.

A single verse of Weight of the World!

Edit: Never mind all that, here's the encore setlist.

Kaine (Salvation)
Ashes of Dreams (English)
Weight of the World (trilingual)

chrono01

Yeah, that was amazing. Nice to see some original Nier surprises in there, and they were handled beautifully. Really emotional stuff. They played many of my favorites (let's face it, they're all my favorites) and had a nice amount of content. Shame they didn't play Emil's Shop/Despair, and it was sad to see Weight of the World (Japanese Version) cut short, though. Easily worth my $35, and I get to see the whole thing again in a little more than an hour! Maybe they'll have some additional content, but if not, I'm happy enough as is. 98.2% gave it their highest recommendation/review on NicoNico too, so it seems a lot of people were satisfied with it.

And yeah, the ending was perfect.

Edit: Also, I did get to see 2B's VA (Yui Ishikawa) after all! I wonder if she'll be at the evening show, or maybe A2?

Edit #2: Yep, just checked, she'll be at the evening show too.

chrono01

So evening concert was more-or-less the same, aside from a different drama section/story and a change to English for the Short Ver. of Weight of the World. They also changed the order in which the languages in the
[E]nd of YorHa
song. Oh, we also got a
Yoko Taro
sighting, which was cool to see. Second showing got a 99.4% in the highest rated section, so yeah, people love Nier apparently. So many people requesting a PS4 Nier HD release during the original Nier section of the concert. I'm sure SE will oblige, there's just too much demand for them not to do something.

Man, the music is just beautiful though. Seriously impressive stuff, I wish I could have been there live to see it in-person. Maybe one day...

chrono01

Apparently the concert revealed what happened after ending e?
It was the drama section portion of it, yeah. I couldn't make out all of it (my Japanese isn't the best, and that's being kind), but I could definitely tell it took place after Ending E. Hopefully it's fully translated soon, as I'd love to know what I missed.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
It was the drama section portion of it, yeah. I couldn't make out all of it (my Japanese isn't the best, and that's being kind), but I could definitely tell it took place after Ending E. Hopefully it's fully translated soon, as I'd love to know what I missed.

.... did everyone seem happy or sad at the end?

chrono01

.... did everyone seem happy or sad at the end?
Basically:

Pod 042/Pod 153 manage to bring 2B back. She's worried about 9S. They tell her they had trouble bringing him back. She cries. Many bleeps and bloops are heard, flatline signals, nothing from 9S. Then, a pulse is heard. 9S returns! 2B is happy once again.

Not sure what happened to A2. I heard her mentioned a few times. :/

Sayad

Basically:

Pod 042/Pod 153 manage to bring 2B back. She's worried about 9S. They tell her they had trouble bringing him back. She cries. Many bleeps and bloops are heard, flatline signals, nothing from 9S. Then, a pulse is heard. 9S returns! 2B is happy once again.

No mall date drama section? :(

Ferr986

Basically:

uuhh, wasn't the spoiler
totally the opposed way? that 9S ended up not waking up? and 2B ends up shutting down herself

Moonkid

Hmm, I hope Nier eventually gets a live treatment with a bigger ensemble. The choir and brass demand some love :<

Philippo

I wonder if Weight of the World is
[E]nd of YoRHa, with the 8-bit music,
3 singers and chorus
, that would make cry like a baby.

NOOOOO, why did i miss that?

any way that someone recorded it?

Really hope that square-enix will do a world tour, the game deserves it! I know a lot of people who knows nier music but never played the games, the music are really popular!

duongsn

Apparently you can watch a 'small' part of the liveshow without buying ticket. I paused at the middle of the third song to go to the WC, when I came back and un-paused it didn't let me watch anymore :'( Wondered if I didn't pause it, how long would the liveshow keep on going?

Top Bottom