• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NieR Music Concert & Talk Live event set for April 16

Golnei

I think that was written by Keigo Hoashi, but since he's all but guaranteed to be working on Automata as well, the difference isn't that important. I'm interested to see if the other composers will extend beyond MONACA members - a couple of guest tracks or remixes by Platinum composers like Hiroshi Yamaguchi and Masami Ueda might be interesting as well. Perhaps as part of DLC, given the precedent set by Nier and Drakengard 3.

Moonkid

Having seen some of the video game-music concert the Swedish Radio Orchestra put on, I've realised how much more I'd love to see this. Even if it's a smaller ensemble it'd be a great, intimate performance.

Golnei

According to Yosuke Saito's twitter (translation), it seems like the concert might have a stream.

Thank you for so many pre-order reservations for the NieR Concert & Talk Live event. I’m so overwhelmed by the massive turnout… As such, perhaps this event should also be a pay-to-view broadcast on NicoNico; therefore, I’ve started discussions with all those involved regarding an adjustment. I really appreciate your support to make this a reality!

cj_iwakura

I'm in the lottery for a ticket. Now I play the waiting game.

untitled-18hdr4y.gif

raven777

This is great! Is niconico region locked or can I stream anywhere as long as I pay?

it depends on the content. Some contents are region free, while some contents are region-locked.

This particular concert doesn't seem to have region lock... but not 100% sure.

Does it say anything about being able to watch an archived version later if you buy the ticket?

Since the concert is happening at niconico's 'peak time' I'm afraid the quality will be super shitty and not worth the money.

Anko

Does it say anything about being able to watch an archived version later if you buy the ticket?

Since the concert is happening at niconico's 'peak time' I'm afraid the quality will be super shitty and not worth the money.
There will be an archive. The archive will be available until 26th April only. However, note that after your first viewing of the archive, you will only have 24hrs of unlimited access to view it before your access is revoked.

They are apparently also in the process of opening an online store, so people who won't be able to attend the concert can buy that stuff online.
https://twitter.com/SaitoYosuke_Z/status/712692760118034437

I hope that stuff will ship outside JP too.

Would grab one of everything, except for the stickers. Who wants stickers?
Knowing Japan, the chances of them shipping overseas will be slim. Use a deputy. I wonder if they'll only offer leftovers online or if they'll reserve goods for them. My gut tells me it'll be the former rather than the latter.

i64fanatic

Neo Member

edit:

You can view it after it airs. I think until April 26th according my best guess at the engrish google translation. I'm going to screen record this anyhow if I can't download or use a downloader tool since I can apparently only view it once? I'm not too sure. Little blurb before you go to buy it says : ※ viewing after the live broadcast ends (time shift viewing 1 times) is possible. Makes sense since you can buy it 3 days after it ends apparently.

6PBhqrs.png

SxLIJYU.png

Anko

A reminder to all that the talk & concert is today, and will start in around 1hr 45mins. Please look at the timer on the nico stream page for an accurate timing: http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv255523395. Needless to say, the stream will be entirely in Japanese.

The first part of the stream is free, and will likely be the talk segment. Registration as a free user on nicovideo is likely required to view the free part of the stream.
There is a 2,000 yen fee if you want to stream the concert. Emi Evans will be performing. There will be live piano, guitar and strings. Niconico accepts foreign credit and debit cards with no issues and the stream is not IP blocked so there will be no hoops to jump through.

The stream will be archived 30 mins after the stream ends, until 26th Apr 23:59 JST. You will only be able to purchase access to the stream until 19th Apr 23:59 JST. You can only view the archive for a period of 24hrs after you first click the button to start watching. This is what it means by "once only". You can view the entire stream however many times you want during this 24hr period. You MUST, however, start your 24hr viewing period before the deadline of 26th Apr 23:59 JST or you will lose access to it completely.

If anyone has any other questions, please feel free to ask as I am a veteran NicoNico user.

FAQ:
Why did I get booted from the stream in the free segment?
This is an issue only for the free segment, and not when you hold a paid ticket. Niconico has a policy of prioritising (lol) bandwidth for premium users when there are too many users on a particular stream. In order to not be booted when there are too many viewers, you will need to become a premium member for around 540 yen a month. You can however still view the archive 30 mins after the stream ends if you timeshift it 30 mins before it begins. Archives are generally available for a week unless otherwise stated.

Why are there so many words flying accross the screen? Can I turn them off?
Firstly, yes, you can turn it off. Look for the option in the lower right part of the player. The unique part about niconico is that comments are shown as moving text across the screen. You may think that it's a horrible idea, but I've found that Japanese users aren't anywhere as vile as their English counterparts most of the time, especially when the hosts do read the comments and interacts with the online audience. Sometimes, streams and videos do become a lot more enjoyable with the comments imo. I've seen many do interesting things with comments. Of course, there are times where they are just in the way and when that happens, just turn it off.

Anko

The stream is up, but it will only begin 30 mins later. Premium users can enter now.

To prevent mirrored streams, I believe that they will be putting your user ID somewhere. So those thinking of mirroring or uploading, think twice.

Anko

MC just mentioned that the first THREE songs of the concert will be streamed for free. After that it will be for paid users only.

They're talking about the setlist now but I'm not familiar with the Japanese titles.

Total of 11 songs + encore?

Pretty sure there will be shadowlord, Emil/Sacrifice and Ashes of Dreams.

Anko

I really hope she's the lead.

On another note, lots of earthquakes in JP right now. Stay safe!

Edit: Ah. they misspelled debut?

Started. Interesting arrangements. Love the strings quartet.
Emi Evans is impressive live.

Arizato

Yup! That first segment was really good!

Kainé Salvation is easily one of my favorite songs in the game and that live rearrangement was really well done.

Anko

Kaine salvation alone was worth the 2,000 yen imo.

I'm not sure how anyone who likes nier's music could still hesitate about spending that 2,000 yen after hearing that performance.

Emi Evans speaks Japanese?!

I'm not sure how anyone who likes nier's music could still hesitate about spending that 2,000 yen after hearing that performance.
Not being home while the stream is happening is a good reason. :V

Hoping they announce a concert blu-ray or something. Otherwise might have to cough up the 2000¥ to watch the archive.

Anko

Shame that she can't clone and harmonise with herself for a duet version of song of the ancients. :p

Yeah. From what I know she's been living in Japan for years now.
Cool, I didn't know that.

Not being home while the stream is happening is a good reason. :V

Hoping they announce a concert blu-ray or something. Otherwise might have to cough up the 2000¥ to watch the archive.

Grab the archive. If they do a BD release though, I would like if they do a fuller, longer concert with more songs.

Top Bottom