• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Night Slashers remake trailer.

Holammer

Forever Entertainment, a Polish publisher is working on a remake of Data East's Night Slashers, a beat 'em up with a zombie theme from 1993.
What do you think? Is the higher resolution an improvement?
I think it lost all the texture and colours are dark & muddy as they tried to "modernize" it.
How on earth did they manage to make it look less detailed?

Longplay of the original arcade.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
New gfx are alright. The original wasn't exactly the pinnacle of pixel art, but it's not an improvement either and is quite a needless change. Hopefully it includes the original too. I hope they've improved the gameplay a bit, it wasn't the best in the genre.

MiguelItUp

Yeah it's a bit "too clean" to me, but I'm still interested honestly. I never thought this would ever be touched again!

SALMORE

looks okay .. i already own the digital version on the switch

hopefully someone makes a physical copy

00_Zer0

Literally every Forever Entertainment remake has looked like shit (Panzer Dragoon, House of the Dead, Front Mission, now this).
Yes, and despite that, all these big companies keep hiring them to do all these remakes. I don't get it. I guess it's cheap labor to crank out remakes of niche games that aren't system sellers. So I guess in that way the owner of the niche game doesn't lose much money if all those remakes fail?

For some reason the Switch port isn't available in the uk. If this allows switching to the original graphics I'll pick it up.
Until then, I'll stick with my modded and emulated version with Ash Williams added in.

SlimeGooGoo

Party Gooper
Magical Drop VI looks respectable, just a bit too clean.
What matters is the bouncing

83c.gif

OG is currently 2$ on Switch eshop for the next few hours.
Edit: Looks like the original got pulled after sale ended.

Last edited:
Top Bottom