• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nightdive’s Next Remaster is… wait for it... Turok 3

Apocryphon

Though I’m not nearly as passionate about it as him, I have always hated vague information stuff too. In this case, even after nightdive inevitably announces their next game in the future, this thread will forever be incorrectly stating, “their next game”.

Very similar to how people on here will post “(certain game) trailer / info releasing tomorrow” in the title. Ok great, is that tomorrow from now? Is tomorrow now today? Maybe a week ago but somehow still tomorrow? Pet peeve stuff here.
This is actually a very fair argument.

DGrayson DGrayson could we get a title update to reflect that the game in question is Turok 3 please!?

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
I would much rather see some classic Monolith games getting an update next, especially the Lithtech 1.0 engine games because those are a bitch to run on modern systems. Can you imagine Nightdive taking a stab at actually finishing and polishing up Blood 2: The Chosen or Shogo? That would be so dope.

Shogo: Mobile Armor Division.

I remember playing this in 1998 on my dad's PC and absolutely loving it. I haven't played it since, so no idea if it was really fucking slaying or a 13 year old me was easily pleased by any FPS that I came in contact with. I would, however love to be sure with a remaster. I'd also love Blood 2 as well. That was another one that got me rock solid as a kid.

Apocryphon

I remember playing this in 1998 on my dad's PC and absolutely loving it. I haven't played it since, so no idea if it was really fucking slaying or a 13 year old me was easily pleased by any FPS that I came in contact with. I would, however love to be sure with a remaster. I'd also love Blood 2 as well. That was another one that got me rock solid as a kid.
Shogo yes, Blood 2 would require a bunch of work as it basically launched broken and unfinished. Both would be interesting to get as remasters.

Tg89

Reminds me of how fucking terrible Turok Evolution was.

Maybe the worst game I ever bought Day 1. Up there with Eternal Sonata.

61bWiP+xIjL.jpg

Drizzlehell

Banned

Yeah, Blood 2 would probably be more interesting of the two, especially after seeing how good of a job they did on "fixing" Quake 2. Just watch that legendary video by Civvie11 on Blood 2 to see how fucked that game is, lol.

Shogo also had a lot of cut content, apparently, so that would also be interesting. Of the two I definitely like Shogo more. One of my all-time favourites.

Fake

I never played any Turok game, but after the Digital Foundry Retro about Turok 3 I kinda shock about how similar this game get to Half-Like.

IDK whats happen to quality and test, but Rise of the Triad Ludicrous Edition is not quite apar with previous ND releases, bunch of bugs and glitches on the console version.

Hope both this Turok and Star Wars get a more polish.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

AVAILABLE NOW

Turok 3 Shadow of Oblivion Remastered is a faithful restoration of the classic first-person shooter originally released in 2000 for the Nintendo 64, upgraded through Nightdive Studios’ proprietary KEX Engine for play on modern gaming devices with up to a 4K resolution at 120FPS.

It joins Nightdive Studios, Universal Games, and Digital Platforms’ popular Turok and Turok 2: Seeds of Evil remasters, capping off the trilogy. Turok 3 Shadow of Oblivion Remastered features upgraded gameplay, high-resolution textures, enhanced lighting and rendering, and support for console gamepads with platform-specific features.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
I look at Turok 3 as really improving level design, Turok 1 and 2 almost made me sick with its maze design and key collecting.

xrnzaaas

I still haven't played remasters of 1 & 2. They just cost way too much vs. what they offer in return. Now compare that to a much more attractive pricing (and content) of games like Quake 1 & 2.

Fart Knight

Al Pachinko, Konami President
I still haven't played remasters of 1 & 2. They just cost way too much vs. what they offer in return. Now compare that to a much more attractive pricing (and content) of games like Quake 1 & 2.

Sure, the Quake games have new content but if you liked Turok 1 and 2 they are worth it. The games are classic imo and still among the best remasters from Nightdive.

Top Bottom