• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nights of Azure Limited Edition JRPG (PS4) Almost sold out!

Stalk

Hey, sorry for the bump but has anyone who pre-ordered the EU version been charged for it? Is this the norm for the NISA website like a month ahead of release?

Hey, sorry for the bump but has anyone who pre-ordered the EU version been charged for it? Is this the norm for the NISA website like a month ahead of release?
Yup I was charged.
Their FAQ says they charge a month after order (because that's when the pre authorization charge expires) so I was expecting it, even though people said they charge on dispatch.

Stalk

Yup I was charged.
Their FAQ says they charge a month after order (because that's when the pre authorization charge expires) so I was expecting it, even though people said they charge on dispatch.

Ah good to know. It's on my CC anyway so it can't wait for when I was actually gonna pay it hah.

They also gave me way too many Prinny Points for some reason.
I got 484, which doesn't match up with their 5 per £1 at all. Weird

Stalk

I've now actually got enough for a tenner. I'm unlike yo buy much in the future so I may well use them for a random purchase.

Eusis

I would like to get the LE, but I'd be OK just getting the regular game. I'm feeling nostalgic for Lament of Innocence and if that can scratch that sort of itch but with a fresh coat of paint that'd be nice.

SephLuis

I would like to get the LE, but I'd be OK just getting the regular game. I'm feeling nostalgic for Lament of Innocence and if that can scratch that sort of itch but with a fresh coat of paint that'd be nice.

This is more like Curse of Darkness than Lament of Innocence.

eksy

Banned
I think these guys are playing with the meter.

It's been going in and out from being sold out to barely little stock.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Glad to see its selling well, as for an original title gameplay wise its fairly enjoyable. Though most def do suggest the PS4 version over the Vita one.

Shizuka

I think these guys are playing with the meter.

It's been going in and out from being sold out to barely little stock.

That's NISA is not really taking this as a limited release. They're making enough stock to cover pre-orders, which means that even though they sold more than they initially planned, they're printing more copies to make it available for all before launch.

So is this game play well? I read somewhere that is was like Chaos Legion, which I really liked back on PS2. I didn't pay much attention to this game until I read that, but I heard some differences like you can't jump and stuff. How is mobility in this game? How varied are your summons? Does the main character have a decent moveset? How do summons work, are they like active abilities (sort of like Castlevania Curse of Darkness I guess) or helpers that passively attack with you?

Eusis

There is a "connected world", as in, parts of the city that you can explore and they take you to levels which are more linear.
That sounds more like the structure of LoI or Metroid Fusion/Other M. Would've loved full on good Metroid-style but that still sounds good.

SephLuis

So is this game play well? I read somewhere that is was like Chaos Legion, which I really liked back on PS2. I didn't pay much attention to this game until I read that, but I heard some differences like you can't jump and stuff. How is mobility in this game? How varied are your summons? Does the main character have a decent moveset? How do summons work, are they like active abilities (sort of like Castlevania Curse of Darkness I guess) or helpers that passively attack with you?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJTKi2gksEk

It's easier to show than to write everything. First chapter of the game that I translated a few months back.

You can't jump. Mobility is good. There are a good variety of summons and their purpose can be healing, support, attacking, etc. Main character has a few combo chains per weapon and also transformations.

That sounds more like the structure of LoI or Metroid Fusion/Other M. Would've loved full on good Metroid-style but that still sounds good.

I like to compare it more to Curse of Darkness because of the familiar system. In CoD you only had one where here you can have 4 at the same time.

Structure wise, it's also very similar too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJTKi2gksEk

It's easier to show than to write everything. First chapter of the game that I translated a few months back.

You can't jump. Mobility is good. There are a good variety of summons and their purpose can be healing, support, attacking, etc. Main character has a few combo chains per weapon and also transformations.

I like to compare it more to Curse of Darkness because of the familiar system. In CoD you only had one where here you can have 4 at the same time.

Structure wise, it's also very similar too.

Thanks, I decided to youtube more vids and it does look like it can have some interesting summons later. She looks like she might have less moves than Hector (though to be fair he had lots of weapons) but looks faster than Sieg from CL. I might try it pending on my backlog at the end of March.

SarusGray

US store I guess? Because I doubt anything will happen for EU before Tuesday :p (bank holidays in the UK)
Correct, this is from NISA.

I read the other day this isn't dubbed. Took quite the bit of fall on my anticipation meter :/

It isn't but to be honest, it'd be kind of hard to find VA for cheaps for a game that won't sell gangbusters or a lot. The voice acting in japanese are really great and portray the emotion that the main character and her "friend" have (AKA lover). If this sells well enough I expect a dubby dub in the future for games like these! Go gust for branching out!

Volcynika

I read the other day this isn't dubbed. Took quite the bit of fall on my anticipation meter :/

Yeah, I was super bummed about it myself (granted I purchased the $100 LE, so what am I to say). I wish I could turn it off in options or something. But someone comparing it to Curse of Darkness got me interested, as I really enjoyed that game. That plus positive import impressions makes the lack of English dub not prevent a purchase.

Shin-chan

Any news on when the review embargo is for this? Got it pre ordered for £38 and I'm quite excited. It's going to help tide me over until Dark Souls.

I heard level 11 is max level in this game for the main character...

Also what's the gameplay like? Similar to Dynasty Warriors or Tales series?

SephLuis

I can't wait to hear everyone impression on the title. I really liked it when I played it.

I heard level 11 is max level in this game for the main character...

Also what's the gameplay like? Similar to Dynasty Warriors or Tales series?

You can check the gameplay in a video that I posted before in this page.
It's more like Castlevania from the PS2 era. Dynasty Warriors simplicity on execution, but the enemies are more unique than your regular soldiers.

Ys is similar to Bayonetta?? I have not had the same experience

Damn I. I don't know what to expect. I have my copy here but dunno if I wanna play it just yet.

I'd say this is closer to those than it is to Dynasty Warriors lol. I definitely wouldn't say either are similar, Bayonetta probably wasn't the best example I could come up with.

Just received my LE today but where do I get the DLC? Are they supposed to send an email with it?

NISA sent me 3 emails as soon as mine shipped on Friday: the shipping notice, a mention that the DLC email will be sent soon and then the DLC email itself. All were sent within like 5 minutes of each other.

My LE is in the mailbox!

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
NISA sent me 3 emails as soon as mine shipped on Friday: the shipping notice, a mention that the DLC email will be sent soon and then the DLC email itself. All were sent within like 5 minutes of each other.

My LE is in the mailbox!
I never get emails from NISA until after my stuff arrives.

My LE is in the mailbox!

I didn't get any emails at all, it just showed up at my door today.

I choose free shipping and haven't received a single email. I was charged over a week ago (the money is permanently gone) Is this normal? Anyone in the same boat? I have never preordered or bought anything from their store before this.

SarusGray

I choose free shipping and haven't received a single email. I was charged over a week ago (the money is permanently gone) Is this normal? Anyone in the same boat? I have never preordered or bought anything from their store before this.

if you haven't received your item after a couple days I'd email them. They are super fast at responding.

Top Bottom