• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nike Announces NBA "Smart" Jerseys

otapnam

I have a bunch of 20$ knockoff jerseys from China so i could see Nike doing this as incentive for buying the real deal

So the Smart jersey gives fans access to their favorite players, as opposed to the Marcus Smart jersey which makes you a terrible shooter.

sikkinixx

Folks should learn to grow resistant to the idea of casually handing over tons of personally identifiable data to large corporations in the wake of the Equifax leak instead of shrugging their shoulders like it's nbd.

This is the same group of people who laugh at paying for *anything* because "Google can afford to give it to me for free, why shouldn't company x?"

I was expecting some massive QR code somewhere on the jersey

i

thumb.aspx

That's designed inconspicuously into the size tag that's got to be on the jersey anyway.

jwhit28

I haven't bought a jersey since throwbacks were popular, but Nike has the rights in the NFL as well so I would expect them to make their NFL replicas "smart" too.

Top Bottom