• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nine Inch Nails - With Teeth Release Date

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenobi

Somehow, since this is NIN, much like Nintendo, I am expecting it to be pushed a few months. Either way....Horrah!

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
theo said:
hooray for no instrumentals
Even though those were pretty much the only thing worth a damn on The Fragile?

Liu Kang Baking A Pie said:
So you want a 40-year-old man that still hates his parents?

All instrumentals, plz.

What the fuck are you talking about? Name ONE NIN song that has anything to do with Trent's parents! I can think of a song about his grandmother, which was more of a tribute to her death than anything.

Sullichin

The only NIN song that mentions parents is the hidden sample in "Sanctified":

"dear mom and dad, this is the hardest letter i've ever had to write. i'd hoped somehow to get out of this quickly so that you'd never have to know about it, but that just isn't possible now. i don't know what's going to happen, but what can i say to you? will 'i'm sorry' make a difference? will it ease the pain? the shame you must be feeling... forgive me... please."

It's sampled from a movie, anyway.

theo

Contest Winner
So you want a 40-year-old man that still hates his parents?

All instrumentals, plz.

I believe you are mistaking nin for korn

move along plz.

awesome stuff. I can't wait to hear the new album, I hope the SACD/DVDA releases the same day.

and Closure is done? Dammit I want my Closure on DVD as my tape is dead. :(

bonesquad

Sweeeet! Though even if it's not delayed, May 3rd still seems so far off...

And BAH! to all you haters. Fragile was a frickin awsome album. That tour with A Perfect Circle opening was frickin awsome.

ToxicAdam

Actually, a May release is already a "pushed back" date.

Mark me down as somebody who loved the instrumentals on Fragile.

People still want "Head like a Hole" ... but that shit is over a decade old. Bands move on.

tt_deeb

The Fragile's instrumentals were awesome. Too bad none on this one. Hopefully it's still pretty good, I'd love to see them on tour.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
I have to admit, the music on the Fragile was good stuff, but the lyrics, HOO BOY. Those are some awful, awful lyrics. When that guy was talking about him hating his parents, he means that he writes lyrics like a 17 year old would, yet he's fucking middle-aged.

Kind of OT here: I'm not really into NIN, I only heard The Downward Spiral, and I don't really like most of it, but I think Closer is one of the coolest tunes ever, on a good sound system it sounds so damn good! In fact I just ordered the Deluxe Edition of the album from Amazon.com a few minutes ago for that track alone, so I can listen to it in 5.1 SACD glory.

Can you recommend NIN songs from other albums that you think I might like, given the info above?

ToxicAdam

Naked Snake said:
Kind of OT here: I'm not really into NIN, I only heard The Downward Spiral, and I don't really like most of it, but I think Closer is one of the coolest tunes ever, on a good sound system it sounds so damn good! In fact I just ordered the Deluxe Edition of the album from Amazon.com a few minutes ago for that track alone, so I can listen to it in 5.1 SACD glory.

Can you recommend NIN songs from other albums that you think I might like, given the info above?

For audio purposes, I think 'Perfect Drug' is pretty sweet.

BuddyC

mattiewheels said:
Even though those [instrumentals] were pretty much the only thing worth a damn on The Fragile?
tt_deeb said:
The Fragile's instrumentals were awesome. Too bad none on this one. Hopefully it's still pretty good, I'd love to see them on tour.
bonesquad said:
And BAH! to all you haters. Fragile was a frickin awsome album. That tour with A Perfect Circle opening was frickin awsome.
All instrumentals, plz.
ToxicAdam said:
Mark me down as somebody who loved the instrumentals on Fragile.

People still want "Head like a Hole" ... but that shit is over a decade old. Bands move on.

Yes yes yes yes yes. I really have nothing else to add.

gigapower

Naked Snake said:
That one is too obvious, I know it and love it :)

How about you tell us what songs you DON'T like? And if you say A Warm Place, Eraser, or Reptile you need to just stop listening NIN right now. The flow of those three songs together is just upright fucking genius.

Sullichin

The entire TDS album is fantastic.. there is a reason they have played pretty much every song from TDS live at one point, and every song from Broken but one (Last), because they kick ass!

I love the Fragile, but I definitley think it has a bit of filler.. Starfuckers, for example. And Complication would have been better set as a b-side. And the Frail isn't worth its own track.

I'm Looking Forward To Joining You, Finally = Best Fragile song.

The Downward Spiral in surroudn sound = best NIN

Bildocube

Whaaaaaat?!? NIN has played Mr. Self Destruct, Heresy, Ruiner, I Do Not Want This, and Eraser live?!?!?!? I have never seen a NIN setlist taht featured ANY of these songs. I have seen the rest of TDS played once however.

B'z-chan

Banned
BuddyChrist83 said:
Yes yes yes yes yes. I really have nothing else to add.

I'm with this crowd if anyone wants to disagree, see my foot in your ass. The Fragile was one of the first CD's i bought back in 99 i think. I walked to target was like thats a interesting cover. I fell in love with the moody almost operatic tale that the fragile told. It was a experiance and one that i delve into every now and then.

Its too bad that Trent went back to his old ways. I loved the instramentals that he created. But i'm still happy to see him working on something. I wish they would get their asses to my town but i doubt that anyone i want to see will come to this shit hole.

BuddyC

After the stuff he did on Still, I was extremely disappointed to learn that this album would have no instrumentals, whatsoever.

If you're a fan of Reznor's instrumentals and you don't have Still (the bonus disc that came with the deluxe edition of And All That Could Have Been), well, I urge you to seek it out through whatever means necessary.

Syckx

BuddyChrist83 said:
After the stuff he did on Still, I was extremely disappointed to learn that this album would have no instrumentals, whatsoever.

If you're a fan of Reznor's instrumentals and you don't have Still (the bonus disc that came with the deluxe edition of And All That Could Have Been), well, I urge you to seek it out through whatever means necessary.

This man speaks the truth. I wasn't expecting much since it was a bonus CD, but I was blown away by the quality of the music. The new version of "The Day the World Went Away" on the CD is godly.

Edit: I think the song is called "All that Could Have Been" was really good too, and the last instrumental on the record is superb.

Bildocube said:
Whaaaaaat?!? NIN has played Mr. Self Destruct, Heresy, Ruiner, I Do Not Want This, and Eraser live?!?!?!? I have never seen a NIN setlist taht featured ANY of these songs. I have seen the rest of TDS played once however.

Heresy has never been played live as far as I know, but I've heard every other song on your list live. I'm sure Heresy was played a few times in rehearsals, but probably cut for good reason. I know for a fact that We're In This Together, which has never been played live at a show, was played during rehearsals. Trent said the song just didn't work live, therefor it was cut from the fragility tour.

Syckx said:
This man speaks the truth. I wasn't expecting much since it was a bonus CD, but I was blown away by the quality of the music. The new version of "The Day the World Went Away" on the CD is godly.

Edit: I think the song is called "All that Could Have Been" was really good too, and the last instrumental on the record is superb.

I really like the still version of TDTWWA, but I'd wish the drumming was more in line with the drums that were in the live version. It needs more of a punch. I'd love for a version that combines the original TDTWWA, the quiet version, and the still version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom