• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge to support SmartGlass

Dantis

Tecmo Koei added one feature to the Xbox 360 version of Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor’s Edge that makes it unique. The game supports SmartGlass so you can see your stats on a smartphone or tablet. Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor’s Edge synchronizes to YouTube so you can browse videos that show players how to clear an area. It’s kind of like having an interactive walkthrough at your fingertips.

Actually sounds kinda neat. The idea of watching videos for strategies is especially smart.

SOURCE: http://www.siliconera.com/2013/02/28/ninja-gaiden-3-razors-edge-for-xbox-360-supports-smartglass/

glaurung

In a real world the smartglass app would include a giant red button to eject that piece of a shit game from the system.

That's all.

Nemesis_

In a real world the smartglass app would include a giant red button to eject that piece of a shit game from the system.

That's all.

And this thread is thread done. Nothing will top this.

i6W7hrzDFebjO.gif

They'd better focus on locking the fucking framerate at 60.

I don't remember it having problems in it's original iteration - then again I've purged most memory of this title from my mind :(

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
More screens to show you this shitfest in action. Truly, Team Ninja knows what they are doing and not throwing every gimmick at the wall.

This idea sounds like it has more steps and devices than necessary.

Really? As phones get more powerful you should be able to record what you play, and once you're done you can share it on Facebook/Youtube. Kinda what the PS4 is doing. Sure it sounds impractical now, but I can see the potential.

This idea sounds like it has more steps and devices than necessary.

The entirety of smartglass is basically ^this^.

Really? As phones get more powerful you should be able to record what you play, and once you're done you can share it on Facebook/Youtube. Kinda what the PS4 is doing. Sure it sounds impractical now, but I can see the potential.

I'll be able to do that on my PS4 though. It removes the need to muck around with a secondary device.
Anyway am pretty sure theres the same effort from streaming to a phone as their is streaming online; and am also sure its better in both cases for the device itself (e.g. the console) to make the recording if your looking for quality.

Somnid

Because the console streams via wi-fi in a latency (versus quality) optimized codec so you're rendering a frame, compressing it and then sending it via Wi-fi t the phone, which picks it up, decompresses it, re-encodes it and sends it to youtube over the same network. Basically you've done nothing but make something simple endlessly more complicated and inefficient.

Because the console streams via wi-fi in a latency (versus quality) optimized codec so you're rendering a frame, compressing it and then sending it via Wi-fi t the phone, which picks it up, decompresses it, re-encodes it and sends it to youtube over the same network. Basically you've done nothing but make something simple endlessly more complicated and inefficient.

nevermind then

Top Bottom