• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ninokuni's boxart of win

so1337

WHAT? WHAT? WHAT?

A collaboration between Level 5 and Ghibli? You have got to be shitting me. This is the best thing to ever happen. Why didn't I hear about this before?

I saw the normal boxart and went "Hey this kinda looks like Ghibli, but different.". Guess I was right. More or less.

so1337 said:
WHAT? WHAT? WHAT?

A collaboration between Level 5 and Ghibli? You have got to be shitting me. This is the best thing to ever happen. Why didn't I hear about this before?

I saw the normal boxart and went "Hey this kinda looks like Ghibli, but different.". Guess I was right. More or less.

Level 5 is awesome, dont know how they did it but great job getting Ghibli's design team. i also think this is the first time ever for Ghibli's collaboration for a game.

Ravidrath

WORLDWIDEWII said:
Level 5 is awesome, dont know how they did it but great job getting Ghibli's design team. i also think this is the first time ever for Ghibli's collaboration for a game.

It wasn't a full-on Ghibli thing, I believe, but the mediocre PSone Pokemon RPG Jade Cocoon had character designs by Ghibli's main character designer, Kondo.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Ravidrath said:
Wonder if this could be the "mystery" game that Treehouse is working on? Or would it be too soon for that?

... the article that you're talking about said the guy started working on the "interesting" job in February of this year.

Also, is the Wii version the same game, or a different one?

What Wii version?

so1337

Ravidrath said:
It wasn't a full-on Ghibli thing, I believe, but the mediocre PSone Pokemon RPG Jade Cocoon had character designs by Ghibli's main character designer, Kondo.
+
11843.jpg

KingDirk

wsippel said:
Does it really matter? It's drawn after all. I love Ghibli movies, but they honestly are not better in HD. No movie is. A good movie is a good movie is a good movie - neither a bigger screen nor a higher resolution will change that fact. Metropolis and M are excellent movies, and there's not even color.

And it's also still a game after all - they should do what's best for the gameplay.

You just picked out, like, my favorite movies.

Top Bottom