• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo 3DS Direct 2013.2.14 - [Over: Waluigi Time]

Cheebo

Banned
Also, people who think Nintendo really have anything to do with whether Bravely Default gets localised or not... what?!

Iwata said Nintendo is going to take it upon themselves to localize Japanese games for third parties to try to boost the lagging 3DS sales in the west.

Um, Lego City Stories will be the handheld Travellers Tales studio. Luigi's Mansion is mainly developed by Next Level.

Well, in that case Mario Golf and Mario & Luigi are excluded as well, since they are not being made by Nintendo's first party studios...

EDIT: I chose to interpret "first party" as exclusive games published by Nintendo, since I seriously doubt their first party studios could produce ten new games this year. Most of their developers must have moved on to the Wii U by now..

I think the announcement you mean is the one from their last investors meeting: that they would release 10 first party games in 2013 for the 3DS.

So the games we know about now:

Luigi's Mansion
Mario Golf
Mario&Luigi
Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D
Band Bros
Tomodachi Collection
Pokemon X/Y
Lego City 3DS

So that's two games we don't know about (zero, if new Western localizations are
included).

I think Nintendo is including Smash Bros 3D in that number, though I don't personally think it'll be out this year.

Also, people who think Nintendo really have anything to do with whether Bravely Default gets localised or not... what?!

Wasn't the DQVI localization done by 8-4 under Nintendo publishing? I think if Nintendo really wanted to publish BDFF Square would let them. Their marketing has done wonders for certain titles. Nintendo's influence probably even lead to the reprinting of DQV, which was not published by them.

I think Nintendo is including Smash Bros 3D in that number, though I don't personally think it'll be out this year.

I'd say this year is way too early for Smash Bros...

I think Zelda 3DS is a pretty safe bet for November. Apart from that,
who knows? Maybe Monolith Soft Kyoto's "Shifty Trees RPG" could
get finished by December?

Fantastical

Death Prophet
I think the announcement you mean is the one from their last investors meeting: that they would release 10 first party games in 2013 for the 3DS.

So the games we know about now:

Luigi's Mansion
Mario Golf
Mario&Luigi
Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D
Band Bros
Tomodachi Collection
Pokemon X/Y
Lego City 3DS

So that's two games we don't know about (zero, if new Western localizations are
included).

Ohh that was it! Thanks for doing that.

Drago

Anything on new 3DS colors or bundles?

Do you live in Europe? If so:

Fire Emblem Awakening Blue/Black XL Bundle
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate Black XL Bundle
Standalone Black and White XL units coming soon
I think Animal Crossing XL bundle too? Unsure

Do you live in NA? If so:

hahahahahah

I'd say this year is way too early for Smash Bros...

I think Zelda 3DS is a pretty safe bet for November. Apart from that,
who knows? Maybe Monolith Soft Kyoto's "Shifty Trees RPG" could
get finished by December?

This year is already pretty crowded for 3DS. If they release a Metroid or Zelda 3DS game, hopefully it's doing the holiday, away from the Animal Crossing and Pokemon craze....

Guys! WTF is this Project X Zone thing? I've never heard of it, it looked rad as all hell.

SRPG crossover game with Sega, Capcom and Namco characters.

Don't quote me on this but the general impression I got from most people who played the JP version was that it was good, but not great.

I don't see how those 8 can be all part of the 10 Iwata referenced, he said 10 from now until the end of the fiscal year right? Aside from Pokemon, they need more for the holidays, fall before it, and after new year's, two games won't be enough from end of summer to March 31st.

I theorize that it was 10 we didn't know about, 3 being just unveiled, all for summer.

So maybe 2 in fall, 3 for the holidays, and 2 after new year's? That's a nice spread.

DaBoss

Just made this:

yearofluigizgul2.gif

I don't see how those 8 can be all part of the 10 Iwata referenced, he said 10 from now until the end of the fiscal year right? Aside from Pokemon, they need more for the holidays, fall before it, and after new year's, two games won't be enough from end of summer to March 31st.

I theorize that it was 10 we didn't know about, 3 being just unveiled, all for summer.

So maybe 2 in fall, 3 for the holidays, and 2 after new year's? That's a nice spread.

Indeed, thinking about it, I believe he may have been referring to FY13, so not including Luigi/Fire Emblem.

zroid

Banned
They at least get a 3DS XL with a power adapter...

This really must be the funniest thing they've ever done. :p

At the very least, they should have included a cheap as dirt USB charger in the box. Well, you can always buy one for a couple bucks from DX or wherever.

BY2K

Membero Americo
The Zelda Miiverse Community reached 10k post in 10 hours.

I'd say people are still very much interested by Zelda.

SO ANNOUNCE ONE, ALREADY!

DasMarcos

Banned
I'm just glad Luigi is getting some of that well deserved spotlight.

Excited for the host of games presented in today's presentation too!

After buying a launch 3DS, selling it, waiting a year, buying another one, selling it again...Im ready to jump back in with the XL....so ready. Cant wait to play Starfox on the XL screen and am anxious to try out FE, MK7, ML3D, and Kid Icarus...the lineup is looking very very good :)

I just wish NOA would release new colors :( But unfortunately they only release new colors to increase sales, and with MH, Pokemon, DKC etc all releasing this year I fear it to be a long long time before new colors :(

Maybe you should hold on to this one? Aren't you losing money every time you sell your 3DS?

Umm yes...i most certainly did. I am like the opposite of a pack rat lol....its not about money for me...its always "Do i really need this?"...i know its weird. But i definitely intend to buy a 3dsXL and keep it for a loooong time as it would make a nice Netflix machine and the screen size is perfect...i hated the small size of the OG

I kind of want a Waluigi game now. Has there ever been a game dedicated to him before?

Sadly not, his big games are his debut in Mario Tennis and his role as the villain in DDR Mario Mix.

I don't even know what I'd want a Waluigi game to be. Whoever made those Tingle games could do a good job with him.

DaBoss

Sadly not, his big games are his debut in Mario Tennis and his role as the villain in DDR Mario Mix.

I don't even know what I'd want a Waluigi game to be. Whoever made those Tingle games could do a good job with him.

I remember someone posting a relation between the guy from Wrecking Crew and Waluigi.

Vanpool? Busy with Dillion's Rolling Western :p

EDIT: Though their site says they're hiring. :p

Excited for these summer releases! FE and EO4 should ease the pain of waiting.

I was secretly hoping for a release date for Nano Assault EX, lol.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
Hey everyone, since this is the "current" 3DS thread, I figure I'd ask here.

I got an XL a week ago, and just did a system transfer from my OG 3DS to the XL. Afterwards, I copied my old SD card onto the new SD card. Everything seems to work fine.
However, none of my eShop stuff (except Ambassador stuff) can be found in my download history.
I can see them on the home screen, and I can play them as well, but they're not on that list. When I go to the eShop pages, the download button is greyed out and says "Downloaded".
Is this the expected behavior?

Thanks!

Edit: I still see the receipts under "Account Activity", and while I have a bunch of Ambassador titles say they need updates, my "Update" section is empty; I have to update them each individually.
Dunno if this helps understand my situation better or not.

Top Bottom