• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo 3DS eshop official site (Japan) + press releases

Zee-Row said:
There were never good even back then , Super Mario Land 2 is where its at.

I know that. Super Mario Land 2 was amazing. I thought SML1 would at least be pretty good. I'd say it is just... ok. Nothing really special. It lacks charm. Worth maybe 1 dollar, not 4 of them.

DCharlie said:
Seems that the store doesn't actually check the post code you enter - was able to enter my UK credit card details + 00000 and then 12345 and was able to add funds with no issue.

Downloaded games from US store from Japan so :

1) no big security on the credit card check means good for adding points for us non-Americans
2) no IP based lock outs on purchase - just hardware matching i guess (no JPN store on US machines and vice versa)

Same as Wii. Never had any problems purchasing goods on my japanese machine.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Obsessed said:
I know that. Super Mario Land 2 was amazing. I thought SML1 would at least be pretty good. I'd say it is just... ok. Nothing really special. It lacks charm. Worth maybe 1 dollar, not 4 of them.

Don't buy GameBoy games you hold no nostalgic feelings for. They don't age well enough. Link's Awakening, and Wario Land:SML3 are the two exceptions in my book.

EvilMario said:
Don't buy GameBoy games you hold no nostalgic feelings for. They don't age well enough. Link's Awakening, and Wario Land:SML3 are the two exceptions in my book.

Yeah, I won't be doing that again.

I think I'll just do Wario Land, and SML2. Perhaps Pokemon R/B if it gets a 3D boost. Though the small changes made here and there to the series (especially the phys/special split, and the changes made in B/W version) might make going back to R/B unbearable.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
EvilMario said:
This will probably be my rule of thumb. I only had a few GB games, so I just don't have much nostalgia for the platform. I've never played Link's Awakening, though, so I'll probably get that.

Obsessed said:
I kind of regret the Super Mario Land purchase. Physics feel off.
Everyone feels that way when they first play it, but at least try to finish it, it is a good "alternate universe" game.

And kinda fun to boot

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
sonikokaruto said:
Everyone feels that way when they first play it, but at least try to finish it, it is a good "alternate universe" game.

And kinda fun to boot

And the music is fantastic.

MooMoo

So is there any reason to believe that the eShop will update with new content tomorrow? Reading the press release in the OT it only says "Thursdays", but I'm inclined to believe they're gonna be skipping the first week just because.

GeekyDad

MooMoo said:
So is there any reason to believe that the eShop will update with new content tomorrow? Reading the press release in the OT it only says "Thursdays", but I'm inclined to believe they're gonna be skipping the first week just because.

I'm inclined to think they're going to skip this Thursday. I'm not seeing any releases listed, anyway.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
MooMoo said:

Is it also updating on Thursday in Japan? That is, is this a worldwide update day?

iyox

What's with the different content across different regions? Also, has anyone noticed horizontal flickering on the bottom screen when running on the battery? It doesn't occur when plugged in.

Insured

EvilMario said:
I'd also add Donkey Kong '94 to the exceptions :) This will be my rule of thumb too, pretty much.

Toki767

Have they even confirmed whether or not Game Boy Advance games would be part of the Virtual Console lineup?

As a side note, I'd love it if they gave Super Mario Brothers 3 or Super Mario World the 3D Classic makeover. I'm sure the 3DS would be powerful enough to run it.

Everything starts next Thursday for eShop... and the other services.

Readying the body and hoping DK 94 and Mega Man make their way over. Kirby can too but I'm not feeling it as much.

Symphonic

Kirbyguy said:
Everything starts next Thursday for eShop... and the other services.

Readying the body and hoping DK 94 and Mega Man make their way over. Kirby can too but I'm not feeling it as much.

Seriously? God damn it Nintendo.

I've searched on Neogaf, any reviews of the 3ds eshop JP store apps yet? Specifically want to know if the pebble toss game or break-out 3d is worth my 500 yen

angelfly

FINALFANTASYDOG said:
I've searched on Neogaf, any reviews of the 3ds eshop JP store apps yet? Specifically want to know if the pebble toss game or break-out 3d is worth my 500 yen
I haven't seen any at all. I've just been using videos to judge potential purchases.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
Is there a list of what is available in each region for the 3DS DSWare? Not interested in a long list like Wiki when searching DSiWare, just what is out now.

angelfly

Gen X said:
Is there a list of what is available in each region for the 3DS DSWare? Not interested in a long list like Wiki when searching DSiWare, just what is out now.
Cosmonaut X made a thread here with US and EU releases and I added all the JP stuff

GeekyDad

Gonna be honest, I'm a little disappointed with Dark Void Zero. I love the way it looks and animates, the controls feel great, and the design is generally fun. But the shooting mechanic is kinda clumsy when you're hovering around. The difficulty feels like a complete throwback to the artificial (and cheap) difficulty of the old arcade games. I get it...I know there are kids who grew up with the NES and love a certain challenge, but for someone who started gaming in the 70s and fully appreciates why games were purposely made difficult in that way, it's inspiration for an eyeroll (be sure to reply with the obligatory GAF sarcasm to that). It doesn't feel like a fair challenge but rather a cheap one to artificially extend the life of what's obviously a very short game.

*flashes Demon's Souls badge for clearance*

Kinda wish I'd spent that $5 on Starship Defense. Eh well...

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Eh, just stick to it, you'll get used to it, and it's fairly short so any difficulty is good. I never finished Mega Man 9 or anything but Dark Void Zero didn't feel too hard.

Got my 3DS today. Free Excitebike 3D and Donkey Kong '94 obtained (forgot how good this was, hadn't played it for at least 16 years 'til today, shame they were too lazy to add a Super Gameboy setting though) and I was very happy to see I won't be charged sales tax where I am. :D Also, watching the E3 trailers in 3D is a blast and makes me anticipate the games even more. The e-shop isn't as good as it could be but still a huge improvement over the Wii and DSi shops.

And yeah, SML 2 is obviously better, but I still love SML 1. The shmup style levels are a blast (don't forget that Miyamoto originally intended to have a Gradius style stage in early planning for SMB: http://wii.ign.com/articles/114/1140839p3.html ), the insanely anti-Mushroom Kingdom Egyptian/Atlantis/Easter Island/sci fi settings, off the wall strange enemies, I love it. I'd get it but I still play my GBA SP a lot and picked up a near mint and complete copy off ebay last summer for about 19.99. That said, I'll probably jump whenever they upload Metroid II though. That game goes for at least a hundred bucks complete these days. But when Nintendo refuses to add extras, ya still can't beat having the real thing:

SML1.jpg

Top Bottom