• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo 3DS / Fall 2010 Conference Thread - Full conference recap in the OP

Oli

Brinbe said:
yeah, hoping the other colors (assuming they exist?) are more aesthetically pleasing...

The black one in the images looks fine. I hope they bring out a white one too. I love white handhelds for some reason ever since I bought a white GBA original.

Jackano

The design is Ok for me. I wasn't expecting something too different.

PS: 7AM here in France, just wake up for the event. Welcome GAF!

ConradCervantes said:
Is Iwata saying anything yet, or did IGN forget they were doing a liveblog? Their page is still the same as it was prior to midnight here.
I don't think IGN is actually "liveblogging," they just might update the page in chunks once info comes out.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
From andriasang:
14:12 -- Now on to Super Mario Collection!

14:11 -- Iwata says that the reason Black & White sold so well was because it reached these audiences.

14:11 -- "The people playing the new Pokemon game aren't just kids, but high school students and people in their 20s."

14:09 -- Of course, this was already revealed last week.

14:09 -- They reached 2.55 million sales in their first week -- a new record for the Japanese game industry.

14:09 -- Iwata is discussing sales of Pokemon Black & White.

14:07 -- He's wearing his usual suit and vest combo.

14:07 -- Iwata takes the stage.

14:07 -- Final 3DS design, according to Mark from 1up: http://yfrog.com/0p9esqj

14:06 -- The conference has started.

upandaway

ConradCervantes said:
Is Iwata saying anything yet, or did IGN forget they were doing a liveblog? Their page is still the same as it was prior to midnight here.
The CoverItLive isn't updating either. Are they not doing anything?!

jaydogg691 said:
I thought that inside two-tone color wasn't going to be final. I don't like it.
Apparently around the top screen it needs to be black for the 3d effect to work. So if you don't want two colors there will only be black.

Branduil

Snaku said:
:lol @ all the design haters. Fuck me guys, it's not as hideous as the DS Phat. That blue color is pretty disgusting though.
Of course it doesn't look as bad as the phat, but it's also not nearly as sleek as the DSi.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
I could give an F about higher aesthetic sensibilities at this point... the last few years have been an endless onslaught of new, sexy devices from Nintendo, Sony, Apple, etc, and the buzz is starting to wear off for me.

jambo

Iwata is now introducing some new Mario, Donkey Kong etc games. Last Story will launch Jan 27. Yet to talk 3DS.

duckroll

martyn_williams: Iwata is now introducing some new Mario, Donkey Kong etc games. Last Story will launch Jan 27. Yet to talk #3DS [via Twitter]

I like the telescoping stylus.

Super Mario Collection? Don't they realize this Japanese conference is for Gaffers that don't live in Japan?

Top Bottom