• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo 3DS Japanese Launch Thread

Glix

Dreamwriter said:
Worst thing you can do. Try to never do a full discharge/charge, unless you are noticing worse battery life, which could be caused by the battery getting out of sync, and thinking it has less charge than it does. Doing a full discharge/charge will fix that problem. But Lithium Ion batteries hate full discharges, they are designed to be plugged in and charging as much as possible.

Thank you so much for this info!!! That is both more convenient and now I won't fuck it up. Thanks so much!!!

And then you posted even more, better info! You the man! Thanks!

Kansasdude2009 said:
This would be the most fantastic advertising campaign ever. Imagine people in Time Square getting run over by cars because they are busy trying to find out what the mystery box billboard is! haha

a giant fucking dragon comes out. you and everyone else who's playing has to fight the dragon. when you win, you get a special bonus like a free 3DSware game or something. that would be so fucking awesome

Sadist

EmCeeGramr said:
Okay, the Home Menu Easter Egg, the rearranging of icons, the Mii QR code, Graffiti, and being able to set DS games to 1:1 are all really cool.
I missed this, what easter egg?

Teknoman

Glix said:
Thank you so much for this info!!! That is both more convenient and now I won't fuck it up. Thanks so much!!!

And then you posted even more, better info! You the man! Thanks!

Thats awesome then. Much easier to just plug in whenever, instead of waiting for the battery to fully die.

Gummb

Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about Rayman Legends Wii U.
From The Dust said:
a giant fucking dragon comes out. you and everyone else who's playing has to fight the dragon. when you win, you get a special bonus like a free 3DSware game or something. that would be so fucking awesome
It would. Also, that question box would become incredibly iconic for Nintendo... as if Nintendo needs MORE icons to sell its shit. XD

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
EmCeeGramr said:
Okay, the Home Menu Easter Egg, the rearranging of icons, the Mii QR code, Graffiti, and being able to set DS games to 1:1 are all really cool.
It sure does a lot more stuff than the DS, DSi and Wii. The 3DS has way more features than I excepted.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
EmCeeGramr said:
Ability to display 3D pictures from much better 3D cameras is the biggest news IMO. I always love integration/when my objects benefit one from another.

Platy

MisterHero said:
Nintendo should print these cards on billboards

That would be AWESOME !
Play AR games in HUGE ways ! =O

Does the Circle Pad work with any old DS games?

At least Super Mario 64 DS is reported to work. YMMV.

Works with every retro game that suports the Dpad because it works as a Dpad (only 8 way input)

angelfly said:
3dsorder.png

I pulled the trigger. Will be patiently waiting for Konami to release Love Plus.

$459 damn I would never spend that much on any console . Congrats.

Boney

Banned
Vamphuntr said:
OVER.MY.DEAD.BODY.

It's pretty good by the way.
I should import it, but with Tactics Ogre, Pokemon and now the 3DS, I kinda have my hands full.
The spanish song is so rad though.

Shiggy

In Super Mario 64 DS, in the Options, there was an in-game option to turn the backlight on or off. Does this still work?

This is unknown. Please PM me if you have Super Mario 64 DS and a 3DS to test.

I'd say no. On the DS Lite it turns the screen entirely off.

Izayoi said:
Where the hell is my Layton 4, Nintendo and Level 5?

I think they are finished localizing it and just waiting to finally release it. If my memory is correct, the fourth Layton game has a "Mother" style RPG with it, separate from the regular game that suppose to be pretty extensive (which I'm personally hyped about :D). Either way, I hope they hurry up and release that one AND Miracle Mask this year. If it wasn't for the greedy people at Nintendo, I would have imported Miracle Mask. It's one of the best looking titles for the 3DS and I refuse to buy a $450 JPN at this time.

The Level 5 titles are one of the few reasons why I even bother with playing the DS. I'm not a Mario fan and most of the other portable games that I love are usually on PSP. Either way, I already have my 3DS reserved and payed for so I'm sitting here, waiting patiently til the end of March :)

Espiox

Shiggy said:
I'd say no. On the DS Lite it turns the screen entirely off.

Actually it just turns the light off - the screen itself is still displaying the game but it's very difficult to see anything. Same on DSi, I just tried both myself.

plainr_

mehdi_san said:
I'm having a lot more fun with the AR applications than what I expected. I especially like the 3D drawing one, I think some people will make amazing things with it.
oqbx29.jpg

This is really cool.

Veal

So after the wave of negativity, the awesome has come out. Don't know people are always so skeptical. The 3DS is awesome.

Can anyone give me some opinions on the touch screen? Is it the same as the other ones? Or is it more iPhone-esque in regards to working better with fingers?

Also, how's the music player? I don't expect it to be an iPod killer, but does it still pause between songs like the DSi would?

Manmedaz

Inferno313 said:
Can anyone give me some opinions on the touch screen? Is it the same as the other ones? Or is it more iPhone-esque in regards to working better with fingers?

Also, how's the music player? I don't expect it to be an iPod killer, but does it still pause between songs like the DSi would?

Same tech as DS/ DSi (resistive touchscreen), so same result : mono-touch, perfect and pixel precise with stylus, you have to press to have a contact so no light touch on the touchscreen with your fingers, like you could do it on an iPhone's screen (which is capacitive).

Dunno about your other point yet.

With how awesome the 3DS is, I actually can't wait for Nintendo's next home console, especially if they go completely overboard on the built-ins like they have with the 3DS.

(And especially if its backwards compatibility = HD Gamecube/Wii games. :) )

Gravijah

Why would you do that? said:
With how awesome the 3DS is, I actually can't wait for Nintendo's next home console, especially if they go completely overboard on the built-ins like they have with the 3DS.

(And especially if its backwards compatibility = HD Gamecube/Wii games. :) )

Something tells me we're going to lose GameCube support.

mehdi_san

I really needed at least one game, so I gave in and went to buy Nintendogs+cats this evening. By the way, I got 2 tags in Street mode while going to the store. And 10 game coins from the pedometer. Anyway, Nintendogs+cats is a lot better than I thought it was, this will literally melt your heart. The graphics are really amazing (seriously, the baby cats are just so cute!), and it has the best 3D effect from all the games I tried so far. It is really the best showcase of the system. I took a few pictures. Too bad the screenshots don't look as good as the game, I don't know why the game doesn't save them in a higher resolution :(

dOg7F.png

Z8u5w.png

dH4bf.png

SS1H5.png

8C2nh.png

fQzPv.png

Hb3HY.png

And bonus pic: Google Earth iPad VS. 3DS
GRMyL.png

Gravijah

Oh, I hope not... :( Wind Waker in HD is utterly amazing.

I mean, if they make it so the memory cards are internal and so you can use a CC-like controller to play GameCube games, maybe we'll still have it.

But I don't see the GameCube ports being there on the next system.

mehdi_san

Pretty nice images. But why did you blow them up?

You can see the jpeg artifacts. :(

Oh, I hope not... :( Wind Waker in HD is utterly amazing.
I didn't mean to do it. I'm just using a small mac software that I found that can split MPO files into 2 JPG files, and I uploaded them on imgur :(

Ramenman

mehdi_san said:
I didn't mean to do it. I'm just using a small mac software that I found that can split MPO files into 2 JPG files, and I uploaded them on imgur :(

I just resized them in firefox to look at them. Any pics of cats laying around ?

Top Bottom