• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo 3DS Japanese Launch Thread

angelfly

wwm0nkey said:
it did due to the earthquake.
link? Every store I checked still list 3/24 (HMV Japan, Ami Ami, Play-Asia, NCSX). I know a bunch of games are getting delayed but I've seen no announcement for DOA and the release is so close.

Merovin

Amazon said:
With the Nintendo 3DS: Free Screen Protector, Selected Case for £5 and Game for £15
Have you already pre-ordered a 3DS but now want the bundle instead?
To take advantage of this offer, simply cancel your current 3DS pre-order and then pre-order again with the options below.

I'm assuming that means if I do this now, I will still get it on Friday? Don't want to risk cancelling my pre-order and getting caught out!

So I made some WWE and a couple miscellaneous Miis with the Mii Maker tonight and thought I'd post the headshots and the QR Codes just in case anyone wanted them...

Indy.jpg

Indy_QR.jpg

House.jpg

House_QR.jpg

Orton.jpg

Orton_QR.jpg

CMPunk.jpg

CMPunk_QR.jpg

Sheamus.jpg

Sheamus_QR.jpg

HBK.jpg

HBK_QR.jpg

DelRio.jpg

DelRio_QR.jpg

So this thread was made 7 days before the Japanese launch. We are 3-7 days from an International launch and still no International launch thread??

Hopefully we'll at least have a North American launch thread soon. I need more hype!

perfectchaos007 said:
So this thread was made 7 days before the Japanese launch. We are 3-7 days from an International launch and still no International launch thread??

Hopefully we'll at least have a North American launch thread soon. I need more hype!

Go to 3DS 2011 Lineup thread instead.

Izayoi

Banned
perfectchaos007 said:

Cheese is working on it, it should be up later today.

Amir0x

Banned
Yeah he'll get it up. It's probably better anyway - threads for such big releases tend to explode to like 500 pages before the thing is even out if it's up too long before

スーパーストリートファイターⅣ
プラチナフェイロン
MzisXzabBF

Edit: Sorry for the Japanese only, but I was in a hurry when I posted this, so copy&paste did the job. FYI, it's a password for a platinum Feilong figurine for Street Fighter 4.

angelfly

Been putting some time into Gundam the 3D Battle so I thought I'd bpost a few impressions.

3D

The 3D works really well. Even the intro cinematic is impressive because of the added 3D. Where it really shines is in the enviroments. So far I love 3D for underwater and outer space missions.

Controls

Controls are easy once you get the hang of it and the 18 training missions available (I think more unlock for different timelines) make sure of it. I've only run into issues dashing since you move using the slide pad and dash requires you double tap the direction and with the slide pad it doesn't always work for me (I might just have get used to it). Other than that face buttons are used to jump, shoot, melee, and special attacks. L and R are guard and lock-on. Like I said the only issue I've run into is the dashing.

Gameplay

I'm still very early but the missions I've run so far have been "clear enemies then fight stonger enemy","protect location from being destroyed", and "go in as backup to help clear out some enemies". As I said I'm still early in the game and from what I can tell theres a TON of content to play through. As for the difficulty the first three missions I played I S ranked on the first try and then on the fourth I got my ass handed to me. It was also a two part mission and I died on the first part. When I did eventually beat it I ended up with B rank. Theres are a lot of missions where you need to make sure you bring the right mobile suit otherwise you won't last. So far the game is keeping me entertained and providing a good challenge as well. Also for the mobile suits you can tune them and customize them but I haven't done any of it yet.

Other stuff

Theres a gallery where you can view every model in the game in 3D complete with zoom and rotate, listen to the BGM, look at profiles of characters along with voice samples, and view images. All the gallery stuff unlocks as you play. The game is Streetpass enabled but I have bothered messing with it since possibility of me running into someone else with it is like 1%. Also framerate sensitive people should know it runs at 30 fps and will dip when theres a ton of stuff going on. It might change when playing in 2D but I've been playing with 3D at 100%.

That's all for now. I expect this to keep me playing for a quite a long time.

Mailenstein said:
スーパーストリートファイターⅣ
プラチナフェイロン
MzisXzabBF

Nice! A lot stronger than the lv.7 one I already had.

angelfly said:
Nice! A lot stronger than the lv.7 one I already had.
You may like this one too [Platinum Cammy]:

スーパーストリートファイターⅣ
プラチナキャミィ
dfukkvGbdt

P.S. Thanks for the interesting Gundam impressions :).

Izayoi said:
I take it those SSFIV codes only work with Japanese games?
Nope. They will work with the PAL and US version of SSFIV3DE aswell.

Here is the complete list:

• Ibuki (Platinum): ilMsRBabpB (lower case L)

• Makoto (Platinum): GHakWCTbsl (lower case L)

• Juri (Platinum): OfQkARpbJR

• Ryu (Gold): KjckTnSbwK

• Zangief (Gold): hinsVnebTu

• Akuma (Platinum): RYSsPxSbTh

• Chun-Li (Gold): zAAkcHVbHk

• Chun-Li (Platinum): tLWkWvrblz (lower case L)

• Guile (Gold): qeJkznDbKE

• Ken (Platinum): NyosHgybuW

• M.Bison (Gold): CgIsQNWbHu (upper case i)

• Rose (Platinum): GKkkXXtbSe

• Vega (Platinum): PqUswOobWG

• Cody (Platinum): naMkEQgbQG

• Sakura (Platinum): uzTsXzIbKn (upper case i)

• Akuma (Gold): uQHkWgYbJC

• Dan (Platinum): rDRkkSIbqS (upper case i)

• Blanka (Gold): DmdkeRvbxc

• E.Honda (Gold): uUDsTlmbUN (lower case L)

• Fei Long (Platinum): MzisXzabBF

• Cammy (Platinum): dfukkvGbdt

Izayoi

Banned
Mailenstein said:
Nope. They will work with the PAL and US version of SSFIV3DE aswell.

Here is the complete list:
Aw shit, time to wreck some StreetPass face.

Since I can't win at the normal game. ;_;

Thanks man.

スーパーストリートファイターⅣ
エル・フォルテ
mhikghwbsf

リュウ
DPrkMnybCd

Platinum El Fuerte & Ryu code.

Captain N

donkey show said:

Just picked these up today. I know angelfly's been playing Gundam 3DS but it'll be neat to see how Blazblue looks and plays. =)

Do you have a US 3DS? I'd love to hear of these game(s) play on US systems.

Captain N said:
Do you have a US 3DS? I'd love to hear of these game(s) play on US systems.
I do and they won't show up on the 3DS menu. Region locking ftl. =(

I played a bit of Gundam and it's exactly like the PSP Gundam Battle series, so it was easy for me to jump into. PSP graphics basically, but man does the 3D effect really rock in this one. Just watching the bullets fly past you while you're watching your rockets zoom into the background is a visual treat. :3

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
To import Blazblue or not, that is the question... I want the black box >_>

angelfly

Cubic Ninja is turning out to be one of those games I like way more than I expected to. Playing through is simply relaxing in a way even through some parts can get frustrating (like Flower). Played through the first set of levels and now I'm playing around with the level creator which works really well especially with the 3D. You can trade maps with people via QR codes or street pass. I found a bunch of levels already posted online and played through a few of them. They were a lot more brutal than the early levels in the game. I'll probably run through the first set of levels again tonight with the new character that was unlocked to see how gameplay changes up.

just found out via bic camera that steel diver is out next thursday, with dead or alive coming the week after. plus biohazard mercenaries is june 2nd, zelda two weeks later...release schedules ramping up in japan, finally!

neo2046

15 :名無しさん必死だな :2011/05/10(火) 21:35:27.21 ID:p+vq4Pif0
3DSの毎日動画配信の正式名称は「いつの間にテレビ」か。

http://ameblo.jp/saeko-sora/entry-10886369735.html
>6月7日から、任天堂3DSで
>毎日配信される、3Dのショートコント。

http://www.itorisako.com/
>「日刊トビダス」とは、ニンテンドー3DS「いつのまに通信」機能を
>使用した『いつのまにテレビ』に配信されるコンテンツです。

neo2046 said:
15 :名無しさん必死だな :2011/05/10(火) 21:35:27.21 ID:p+vq4Pif0
3DSの毎日動画配信の正式名称は「いつの間にテレビ」か。

http://ameblo.jp/saeko-sora/entry-10886369735.html
>6月7日から、任天堂3DSで
>毎日配信される、3Dのショートコント。

http://www.itorisako.com/
>「日刊トビダス」とは、ニンテンドー3DS「いつのまに通信」機能を
>使用した『いつのまにテレビ』に配信されるコンテンツです。

Something to do with 3DS' video service? What is this and why is it significant?

StayDead

Days like these make me so glad I imported my 3DS. Donkey Kong 94 went up on the store and I've never played it before. It's incredible! It's like I'm playing Mario vs Donkey Kong, but years before it came out.

How did the Gameboy have such good games!

Top Bottom