• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo 3DS Mii QR Code Thread - Is your body ready?

Tyeforce

cjelly said:
I guess gold pants Mii's can only be QR coded on devkits or something to ensure they are legit.

The gold pants are just a sign that it's an 'official' Mii.
So the Jill QR Code came from a devkit?

Here's some of mine. All of these were either given away by Nintendo or some other company at conventions like E3 and GDC or posted online by someone who streetpassed these people.

wqUPl.jpg
DNG3h.jpg
qljRU.jpg
HpJvK.jpg

reAVm.jpg
Kgu3E.jpg
Csopy.jpg
EkzzM.jpg

Mqydb.jpg
8keOi.jpg

BooJoh

Tyeforce said:
So the Jill QR Code came from a devkit?
Well, the 3DS system won't create a QR code for it once you've scanned it in, so obviously the only way to get the QR code is from the original source. So it probably did come from a devkit.

I haven't actually heard of the gold-pants NCL Miis, so I can't really comment on that. Were they distributed by SpotPass or something?

As for region-locking, I guess there must be a region-locking flag in the Mii data somewhere and Capcom chose not to use it.

Tyeforce

BooJoh said:
Well, the 3DS system won't create a QR code for it once you've scanned it in, so obviously the only way to get the QR code is from the original source. So it probably did come from a devkit.

I haven't actually heard of the gold-pants NCL Miis, so I can't really comment on that. Were they distributed by SpotPass or something?

As for region-locking, I guess there must be a region-locking flag in the Mii data somewhere and Capcom chose not to use it.
Wait, so did Capcom distribute the Jill Mii QR Code distributed by print? If so, I understand that. I was thinking it was distributed through StreetPass and someone generated a QR Code somehow.

And the gold pants Nintendo Miis were distributed through StreetPass at E3 2011 and other events, I believe.

fernoca

Jill was apparently through Streetpass; along with Parker:

If you own a 3DS and are lucky enough to be heading to Tokyo Game Show next week. Well then you are in luck!

Stop by the Capcom booth and you will not only get a limited edition Resident Evil: Revelations Soundtrack but also a TGS Special PRESS Capcom DVD with all the latest trailers of their games.

AND!!! if you bring your 3DS and Street Pass you will get a Mii versions of Jill Valentine and Parker Luciani from the Revelations.

Hmm, wonder if Parker's also around. :p

Wonder how a QR code was created for Jill is that's the case.

BooJoh

I wish we could rename these official Miis, or that NOA would actually put them out with their English names. Feels like we're always getting second-rate treatment compared to Japan.

Here's the official Mii of Nikki from Swapnote that was sent out via SpotPass in Japan by Nintendo:
H2CQt.jpg

Sweet, hopefully they'll release the Pilotwings Resort girl too.

Too bad NoA probably won't release there own version just like they never released the special New Year's stationary for Swap Note, and have yet to release any gold pants Mii.

They really put the least amount of effort possible into anything, don't they? :/

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Shame Swapnote isn't that great for sending QR codes due to the amount of steps required for the recipient to take in order to scan the thing.

sakipon

Too bad NoA probably won't release there own version just like they never released the special New Year's stationary for Swap Note, and have yet to release any gold pants Mii.

Yup, Westerners still waiting. Come on, how about some Miis of the musicians in the Nintendo Video music videos? Or characters from the movie trailers?

Anyway, I just came here to say my Japanese 3DS Mii Studio became full of gold pants Miis. So I finally moved them to the Plaza for storage like I guess people are supposed to. Now I have more Miis in there than hits! I don't mind, but what will the next people I streetpass with think? That I messed up or cheated the counts in some way? Oh well...

The link's been shared before, but here is the page with the latest Japanese special Miis: http://ameblo.jp/amebapigg/entry-11151963150.html

(Or does the invite Mii produce similar results? I don't know, I believe I haven't seen people with more Miis... but I also haven't had that many hits after Mario Kart was released.)

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Do people care for Mii QR codes anymore?

Well I have a few I never posted/improved

Mitsudomoe
iB05Tjqlax5MP.png

Kill Me Baby
iW1EIiJxuz4b0.png

ののワ (Nonowa) "from" iDOLM@STER
ifXMcPfCPM443.png

Churuya-san
i3pXs0djYyLaJ.png

AgeEighty

I went and put all the Miis I've made over the years on their own page for your most and truly welcome convenience, complete with QR codes if you're into that sort of thing, and you are. Got lots of geeky stuff on there; Star Trek, Doctor Who, Firefly, and a wide array of random characters and celebrities. They're here:

http://miisbyandy.com/

Here are some samples of my wares:

conan-f-300x300.jpg

Conan O'Brien

12thdoctor-f1-300x300.jpg

Twelfth Doctor

mario-f-300x300.jpg

Mario

connery-f-300x300.jpg

Sean Connery

picard-f-300x300.jpg

Capt. Picard

GDGF

Soothsayer
Was playing Mario Kart 8 This morning and I suddenly rembered this thread. Might come in handy what with all the new Wii U owners on neogaf. Please post more Mii :)

Top Bottom