• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo 3DS smuggled off a Chinese assembly line

wwm0nkey

Taken from the 3DS Blog:

Nintendo-3DS.jpg

"Someone has a Nintendo 3DS. Who is that someone? Well it’s apparently a Chinese factory worker who smuggled the device off-site. Problem is, he posted it on a forum (I believe it’s this forum) but the thread was deleted."

UPDATE: Video

Binabik15

wwm0nkey said:
Taken from the 3DS Blog:

Nintendo-3DS.jpg

"Someone has a Nintendo 3DS. Who is that someone? Well it’s apparently a Chinese factory worker who smuggled the device off-site. Problem is, he posted it on a forum (I believe it’s this forum) but the thread was deleted."

Nintendo ninjas are coming, good luck, Chinese worker bee.

Sooo ugly, I won´t buy it until the first or second revision

antonz

Breaking News: 9.5 Earthquake centered under factory kills all employees and swallows building into earth!

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Why even bother, it probably can't even be turned on. Now he'll have to live in constant fear of Nintendo's lawyer-ninjas.

Nemesis_

Seeing this atrocity makes me very worried that a second revision will come out down the line.

I want the 3DS NOW but should I wait for a nicer looking revision?

Sighhhh

(This will be the first time I buy a 1st "Gen" Nintendo device)

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Nemesis556 said:
Seeing this atrocity makes me very worried that a second revision will come out down the line.

:lol You are only just realising that now? Nintendo has been pulling that stunt since the 90s. I'm still amazed they got away with the original GBA screen. Nintendo knows how to do awkward hardware that you must have but that also has a horrible design.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Maybe it's just the photos (and the unflattering flash in the leaked photo), but the material on the prototypes looked so much better. This one has a rather 'ordinary' texture to it.

Does 3DS require a different charger to DS? Maybe he can boot up DS games on it or something... :p Perhaps root around the OS for clues/features.

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
Looks a lot nicer there than in previous outings, not at all like the phat DS abomination :lol

Might be tempted to bite first time now. Although more than happy to stick with DS until 3DS games are proven, DS backlog is biggest in history!

DonMigs85

SwiftSketcher said:
Can he do anything with it? Can he even charge it?

And what gives, the picture isn't even grainy or blurry.

FAKE.
Considering the leaked PSP Go/PS3 Slim box pics turned out to be real, and a PS3 Slim unit was even found in the Philippine grey market months before the official release, this is very plausible.

@ antonz

Can you give us the link to the forum/blog where the pix are coming from?

Vinterbird said:
The hardware looks, and feels, much better in person then the pictures Nintendo published during E3.
I have played on it at gamescom but that was an E3 build obviously

Top Bottom