• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo announces the New 3DS XL for North America to be released February 13

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Are we expecting Gamestop to ship them out in time to get it on Friday?

Can't wait to try out the New 3DS MH4 LE I ordered!

It is pretty much proven that Nintendo wanted the 2DS to phase out the 3DS in NA.
After it got introduced, they stopped supplying 3DS SKUs to store.
I was hoping considering the 2DS sales have been bad that they would just go worldwide with 2 types of models and phase out 2DS in NA.
But nope!

Is NoA okay, doesn't anyone know, have any data? They seem to REALLY be conservative with EVERYTHING now. Pretty soon it will be required to preorder almost ANYTHING that comes from them. It's also strange when there is clearly a problem they don't directly address their customers and treat us like children. I hate when I feel like I have no voice when I give them my money, if I don't give it to them they draw the wrong conclusion. It's a lose, lose.

Unless you prefer a digital game from the eShop, it's best to reserve anything you wish to buy from NOA.

They're conservative because they're cutting production costs in order to show stronger financials for their investors. That's what it really boils down to.

It is pretty much proven that Nintendo wanted the 2DS to phase out the 3DS in NA.
After it got introduced, they stopped supplying 3DS SKUs to store.
I was hoping considering the 2DS sales have been bad that they would just go worldwide with 2 types of models and phase out 2DS in NA.
But nope!

I imagine then that they'll only think of bringing over the smaller one once the original XL and the original 3DS are entirely phased out, keeping the 2DS as the cheap version.

They will call it the New 3DS Lite, and it will only ever get two sets of faceplates (plain black and plain blue) because NoA is just the worst.

They will call it the New 3DS Lite, and it will only ever get two sets of faceplates (plain black and plain blue) because NoA is just the worst.
I will take that over no localization honestly.
Honestly I am expecting them to dump the XL on the US and move onto the new handheld like they did with the GB Micro.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member

Release day delivery is usually overnight. So should ship out Thursday and arrive Friday (worst case Monday if the shipper has a delay for some reason).

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
Guessing the odds gamestop will have some extra MH4 bundles in stock Friday are slim to none huh...

blackflag

Arghh I figured Gamestop would have enough and I wasn't sure I wanted one so I didn't preorder. They got exactly as many as they had preordered.

Told me to check tomorrow in case they get more.

Arghh I figured Gamestop would have enough and I wasn't sure I wanted one so I didn't preorder. They got exactly as many as they had preordered.

Told me to check tomorrow in case they get more.
Yep, short stock confirmed it seems. Good luck to people who didn't pre-order!
Welcome to how us Amiibo fans feel!

I think the standard shipping does come with tracking.
Also new LL dock is only in black for some reason. Regular stand comes in white, blue, and pink. No black regular stand.
If it helps, I really like my white standard dock.

Oh that's good because I would worry if its shipping out or not..glad that its region free so it will work for me..I have seen other colors on their site but its only for the New 3DS NOT the XL..if they sold it here in the US I would buy it but its not available here sucks

Oh that's good because I would worry if its shipping out or not..glad that its region free so it will work for me..I have seen other colors on their site but its only for the New 3DS NOT the XL..if they sold it here in the US I would buy it but its not available here sucks
Europe seems to be getting 2 of the docks according to GAME. So yeah US is probably not getting a single dock. Maybe Hori maybe will make one unless Nintendo has a patent on the design.

Why is this thing such a bitch to order online in the US? Is it just Bestbuy with available preorders? Gross.

I really don't like the direction Nintendo is going with distribution, might forget this system altogether.

Why is this thing such a bitch to order online in the US? Is it just Bestbuy with available preorders? Gross.

I really don't like the direction Nintendo is going with distribution, might forget this system altogether.
I get the feeling that BB I being open is a ruse. Like the Smash bundle debacle

mantis23

Is NoA okay, doesn't anyone know, have any data? They seem to REALLY be conservative with EVERYTHING now. Pretty soon it will be required to preorder almost ANYTHING that comes from them. It's also strange when there is clearly a problem they don't directly address their customers and treat us like children. I hate when I feel like I have no voice when I give them my money, if I don't give it to them they draw the wrong conclusion. It's a lose, lose.

While it sucks for US as gamers and fans, Its working quite well for Nintendo. They had a stretch where they went unprofitable for the first time in the history of the company. They pulled back a bit and are now profitable again.

I have no doubt they will increase production on some of their products going forward, but not by much.

Jeremy

I would probably avoid Best Buy at this point. They didn't seem to mind charging me but I haven't seen any updates besides "1 item(s) - Status Not Available."

I don't get what NoA are doing anymore. I just want to play Pokemon X/Y or Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire.

Is there any actual proof of someone getting a 3DS early?

I don't get what NoA are doing anymore. I just want to play Pokemon X/Y or Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire.

Is there any actual proof of someone getting a 3DS early?
I don't understand NoA either. Welcome to our club!
Also most proof is mostly Europeans enjoying the early shipment. I don't think we seen a US proof of early shipment.

Jeremy

I don't understand NoA either. Welcome to our club!
Also most proof is mostly Europeans enjoying the early shipment. I don't think we seen a US proof of early shipment.

I didn't think so either. I was going to stop by Walmart after work tonight to see but I'll most likely stop by Friday morning before work. I live in a pretty rural area in the south.

Still not happy about it. I've never owned a 3DS and I'm pretty determined to get my hands on this but with everything going on at the moment I'm really starting to feel like I should abandon ship. It's more work than fun.

Same here. My main reason for buying a N3DS is to play Pokemon.
If we were in rational land, you could walk in a store and buy a regular n3DS with no issue and pick up a cover plate because you like Pokémon:
large.jpg
I honestly don't understand NoA anymore.

I would probably avoid Best Buy at this point. They didn't seem to mind charging me but I haven't seen any updates besides "1 item(s) - Status Not Available."
Yeah I decided to just wait. The only reason to really buy this thing is the 3D crap until there is actually compelling n3DS software. The only game I play now anyway is Pokemon and I would never play it with 3D on due to its atrocious framerates.

I'll get this thing some other time.

They effing better!!!

I called them today and their internal systems are showing they are already processing orders. I hope they ship tomorrow!!

zeioIIDX

Well...might have to grab one of these with my tax return now. I didn't think the c-pad or the new viewing angles would wow me as much but they did. And Majora's Mask looked great! I'm still wondering if I should hold out though for the inevitable future release of the regular New 3DS here lol. I honestly can't see NOA not bringing it here at some point.

So my local walmart actually already has the new 3DS XL there but I don't think they can be bought yet. If I actually had the money I'd have attempted but my refund won't come in for another week probably (Getting a thing mailed to me instead of digital.)

Same here. My main reason for buying a N3DS is to play Pokemon.
Given how Pokemon has shit for 3D support and doesn't use the c-stick at all why not just buy an $80 $75 refurbished 2DS instead of a $200 New 3DS XL whose New features you can't use with Pokemon.

I suppose in the future there could be a Pokemon game that needs a New 3DS or is otherwise enhanced by one but currently I don't see the appeal.

Sorry, it just reminds of a friend I have who purchased a 3DS to play Pokemon Black and hated it (won't pay for XY despite being interested). If he had got a DS Lite and Heart Gold instead he would have loved that and it would have been half the price too, plus would have had money left over to buy Black and Platinum :p.

Just popped by the Best Buy that I preordered my system and MM3D to pick up a charger cable before Friday. I was worried that they might be sold out the day of release.

Tried out the demo unit there again and played with the c-stick in the MM3D demo and I really like it! I think the last Zelda I played with direct camera control was Wind Waker on the Gamecube (I think it was missing in the Wii Twilight Princess, right?). It's not really a requirement per se, but it just makes it so much more enjoyable to run around and take in the environment around you.

ZeroAKA

Given how Pokemon has shit for 3D support and doesn't use the c-stick at all why not just buy an $80 $75 refurbished 2DS instead of a $200 New 3DS XL whose New features you can't use with Pokemon.

I suppose in the future there could be a Pokemon game that needs a New 3DS or is otherwise enhanced by one but currently I don't see the appeal.

Sorry, it just reminds of a friend I have who purchased a 3DS to play Pokemon Black and hated it (won't pay for XY despite being interested). If he had got a DS Lite and Heart Gold instead he would have loved that and it would have been half the price too, plus would have had money left over to buy Black and Platinum :p.
It's not like Pokemon is the only 3DS game I want to play. I already have Professor Layton X Phoenix Wright and Fire Emblem Awakening just waiting on my shelf.

My girl preordered mine at GameStop the only problem is she told them black instead of red. The employee told her when she returned that they will put a note to change to red if there's any left but I'll probably end up with black. Oh well.

Korosenai

Seems all gamestops are only getting enough for preorders. Should I go to best buy or target to find one of these if I didn't preorder?

Class 10 cards make your games pop up on the home screen faster if that matters to you.
True, I have't noticed it too much.
If you have a Japanese 3DS, I think badges are tied to SD speed as well.

But in terms of actual gameplay, cards are not that huge of a factor.

In terms of SD card, you just want one that is reliable. Writing speed only really is used in Smash photos.
That isn't true. Writing speed comes into play whenever anything is saved. My second 3DS (owner didn't format before pawning off) also came with a digital Kid Icarus Uprising (comparing with the one I have on my main 3DSXL) and a generic no brand Class 10 SDHC card. The game saves on every menu press (Sakurai :( ) and during idol toss. I see first hand that the copy played off the generic card takes a lot longer to move between menus and the idol toss screen hangs for longer.

But Class is primarily about reading speed and those are writing speed related issues.

Prototype

Gamestop is sold out and I might not be able to take advantage of their 100 trade in credit offer for the old xl.

Are their any other deals going on?

Top Bottom