• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct coming November 12 [Over]

I'm not about to deny the ridiculousness, but some people pay good money to see circus acts and here, it's free.
Man, I don't want to see the same circus every few months. It's tired as shit by now. Especially when the show Nintendo puts on is usually pretty entertaining in itself.

JazzmanZ

I am just saying, I see the names of people who always say "I went in with realistic expectations and was still disappointed" and you see them the thread before going "All I am expecting is Galaxy 3 and a bunch of stuff they have actively said they are not doing."

The curse of being a Nintendo fan really, too many people with unrealistic expectations.
I learned that lesson the hard way.

Man, I don't want to see the same circus every few months. It's tired as shit by now. Especially when the show Nintendo puts on is usually pretty entertaining in itself.

I just find it harmless. Stupid kneejerk reactions are typical. But if there's something crazy announced, the hype was worth it. We expect Sony E3 2015 megatons with everything. That rarely works out but it is what it is. I enjoy the hype, though my own expectations are set.

ffdgh

While that is true, I'm just trying to save the many souls that will have massive salt attacks once the Direct fails to meet their lofty expectations.

It's all apart of the hype cycle. If many...well few haven't learned to balance hype and reasonable expectations then that's their problem lol,

Treehouse tweets? What'd I miss?
oh no...now I'm really hyped

Xvb7UVG.jpg
there

The curse of being a Nintendo fan really, too many people with unrealistic expectations.
I learned that lesson the hard way.

Those with the ridiculous expectations are not Nintendo fans, these people are the ones expecting that the Direct starts with "We are dropping from hardware business, Mario Xbox and Zelda PS4 are coming!!!!"

Nanashrew

Banned
It's always important to keep your hype in check every so often so you don't go off the rails. I love Nintendo hype, but I also really dislike the lows I see when a Direct ends. Many go incredibly overboard and the complaints come flooding in as if Nintendo went out and shot the family pet in front of them.

That is a little crazy and not in a fun way like pre-Direct hype is.

TreIII

Don't tease me.

If Nintendo paid for Bayo 3, it would be purely a gift to the fans.

Bayo2 was pretty much that already. So if a third game did happen, it'd be just doing more in that same vein.

Besides, with P*'s involvement with Star Fox approaching its final stretch, Hashimoto's group is probably already laying the groundwork for their next project. I'd love it if it was more Bayo, and they've said they'd love nothing more than to give us more. It's just that also they said that Bayo3 would have to be something a bit different since the second game built on the first so heavily.

random25

I am hoping for a news about the result of the Smash Ballot and the possible new DLC chars/stages.

And also, new MK8 DLC please?

Azuran

Banned
I'm glad Skyward Sword has been completely forgotten by Nintendo.

Twilight Princess and Wind Waker serve as the representation for the series in Smash Bros/in Amiibo.

Both games are available on the Wii U in new releases.

Zelda Wii U uses the same control scheme as Wind Waker and Twilight Princess.

Just hopefully Demise or Hylia or whatever don't show up in Zelda U.

lmao this has to some of the biggest bunch of crap I read on this site and that says a lot seeing I'm on GAF.

It's all apart of the hype cycle. If many...well few haven't learned to balance hype and reasonable expectations then that's their problem lol,
True
Hype to me means just one or two new announcements (one of which is TPHD obv). Nothing more lol.
Nothing wrong with that. I'm mostly thinking of the ones that are expecting something like 6 smash characters as dlc, Mario Sunshine HD remix and Gamecube games on the eShop lol.

Long overdue. Guess we'll finally hear about Twilight Princess HD. Smash DLC and possibly other DLC announcements. Then of course, newly announced games. They just have to. It wouldn't be a direct without surprises.

Banned
I'm going to try being realistic here and make assumptions based on what has been said this year.

Wii U:

Indie games
Twilight Princess HD
Pikmin 4
Fire Emblem J-Pop Boogalo
Star Fox
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Smash Ballot winner
Animal Crossing Festival
Splatoon DLC
Pokken

3DS:

Pokemon Z
Mario and Luigi Paper Jam
Hyrule Warriors
Fire Emblem Fates
Indie stuff
Bravely Second
Metroid Prime Federation Force
Dragon Quest XI

These will all contain footage and perhaps official release dates if they haven't been given release dates already.

Chase17

Is everyone ready for the linkle (or whatever they are calling female link) reveal?

I imagine hyrule Warriors will be shown and that'd be a good announcement for it.

Richie

The hell for?

This. There's no defending this, albeit it's worth saying I never saw Gonzo posting anything like that before, mostly saw him commenting on Nintendo stuff. He had also modified his profile recently to say something among the lines of "I don't think I'll be posting much more in here", so I think he wanted out either way.

That said if K. Rool is ever confirmed, Gonzo's reaction would have been golden.

(Applies the same if not more if K. Rool isn't ever confirmed)

Top Bottom