• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct: new presentation announced for tomorrow

jmizzal

I don't think Paper Mario WiiU will be revealed yet. Even if WiiU is dead they have to show something for WiiU @ E3 (even more if ZeldaU isn't exclusive anymore).

The "biggest" WiiU news from this direct will certainly be the nintendo DLC for Minecraft.

They can announce it early and give hands on for it at E3, if they announce it at E3 nobody will care, people are only gonna care about NX stuff.

kaioshade

What other localization decisions? The only one that comes to mind recently is Great Ace Attorney, with AA6 getting confirmed for the west right the hell away.

Monster Hunter Online, Dragons Dogma Online, and of Course Great Ace Attourney are the big ones.

1upsuper

Is there a reason people are expecting a new Paper Mario? I love that series but I haven't heard any rumblings of a new game.

I'm really excited, but also disappointed. I really want more news about NX and Miitomo. Their mobile game comes out this month, and we really haven't seen it! It'd be nice to have a walkthrough showing off some of the features.

If there's any truth to the Paper Mario rumor, it's likely that we'll here about it tomorrow. I'm also sure we'll see Detective Pikachu. I doubt we'll see Zelda, and that's kind of meh.

Revven

Is there a reason people are expecting a new Paper Mario? I love that series but I haven't heard any rumblings of a new game.

Two rumors:

1) An image of Intelligent Systems hiring for more people to join their team on new Paper Mario project (I believe it was specifically listed as Wii U) in 2015

2) A more recent rumor (I forget who the source is) that says it's nearly completely localized and will be ready to release soon.

Neoxon

I don't think Paper Mario WiiU will be revealed yet. Even if WiiU is dead they have to show something for WiiU @ E3 (even more if ZeldaU isn't exclusive anymore).

The "biggest" WiiU news from this direct will certainly be the nintendo DLC for Minecraft.
But that's the thing, I don't think the Wii U & 3DS will be big deals at E3 this year. If anything, I wouldn't be surprised if all the Wii U/3DS news is relegated to a Mini-Direct while the main presentation is nothing but NX news.

1upsuper

Two rumors:

1) An image of Intelligent Systems hiring for more people to join their team on new Paper Mario project (I believe it was specifically listed as Wii U) in 2015

2) A more recent rumor (I forget who the source is) that says it's nearly completely localized and will be ready to release soon.

Awesome, thanks.

georly

But that's the thing, I don't think the Wii U & 3DS will be big deals at E3 this year. If anything, I wouldn't be surprised if all the Wii U/3DS news is relegated to a Mini-Direct while the main presentation is nothing but NX news.

You think E3 is going to be mainly NX? I guess nintendo has never had an e3 where both their old consoles were on the way out at the same time, but new consoles are usually only the last quarter of the E3 presentation. I guess it could be different this time around, but I'm still expecting a decent chunk of 3DS/Wii U stuff at E3.

jNRigE5.png

Early NX reveal/tease?

Pinky

Banned
*Paper Mario trailer finishes, close up on Nintendo President's face*
"Yes, a new Paper Mario is headed to the Wii U. But you already knew that, didn't you? Just like you already knew about the Pokémon 20th Anniversary game. All thanks to this man."
*Camera pulls out to show execution scene*

ry%3D400

“You have been condemned to die by a jury of ninjas, developers and industry leaders, sentence imposed by a President in good standing with this company. Do you have anything to say before the sentence is carried out?”

“….”

“Laser beams will now be fired into your body until you are dead, in accordance with company law, imposed by Nintendo Co., Ltd. May Iwata have mercy on your soul.”

Regiruler

I think we may get a more comprehensive look at mynintendo/nintendo accout, given that they often had club nintendo stuff in directs.

Zalman

It's not going to change the world, but if they can do Paper Mario Wii U and Mother 3, I think it will be a solid Direct.

Can't wait. The timing is especially perfect for my schedule as well! When they released the Neko Mario time video yesterday, I thought we had to wait another couple weeks... I guess not! :)

Some thoughts/speculation on what will be on the direct:

Zero Escape 3
Paper Mario
Pikmin 4
Star Fox
AA6
Maybe Great AA 2
Some random cross over game
Hoping for some jrpgs

Edit: Yokai Watch 3

georly

FEDERATION FORCE CANCELLED

INSTEAD WE GET F-ZERO 3D
... AND A REAL METROID.

BELIVE GAF, BELIVE

But federation force looks fun. I don't want it cancelled. Sure it's not a proper metroid, but that's fine. Stop assuming if fed force is cancelled you'd get another game you wanted instead. If anything, fed force selling poorly, or worse, being cancelled, might mean LESS games in the future.

DJIzana

Even though there won't be any NX info then hopefully this means the death of the Wii U.

I had my fun with the system w/ DKC: TF, Smash Bros U and Xenoblade Chronicles X. My top 3 games but... I'm just ready to move on. Gimme a next gen Xeno game for the NX at E3! :D

oti

Banned
Picross 3D 2
Mario Maker DLC
Splatoon Premium DLC
SM3DL DLC
;-;
Elite Beat Agents DANCE DANCE DANCE
;-;
Rhythm Paradise

Top Bottom