• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct: new presentation announced for tomorrow

TDLink

Paper Mario is an E3 real. Way too big for a Direct just 3 months before the big show.

Not really. Paper Mario is not one of their bigger franchises. If it is really a Wii U only game then it will not even register for some people in the wake of a primarily NX show. Especially if other Mario games are shown.

L95

That 'leak' is probably mostly right (if boring...) even if fake, though I doubt we're getting any major stuff on the VC now. (As in, a new console entirely)

Not really. Paper Mario is not one of their bigger franchises. If it is really a Wii U only game then it will not even register for some people in the wake of a primarily NX show. Especially if other Mario games are shown.

yeah, the combo of Wii U exclusive + Mario spin-off makes it a prime Direct opener

MrV4ltor

I would be incredibly disappointed if that was only the big things about the direct.

What did you expect 3 months before E3. There's no way they were going to blow their load and disappoint everyone like they did last year.
The big lesson to take away from this: Only get hyped for Directs that are in the 2nd half of the year, or very early in the year, like January - mid February.

So guys, I'll put this in the rumour bin, but a Dutch Nintendo site leaked the contents of the Direct tomorrow; (So, the EU Direct) They vouch for their source and seem 99% sure. This site leaked the first details about Castlevania for 3DS a few years back btw.

http://www.n1ntendo.nl/article/49966/1/exclusieve-wereldprimeur-inhoud-nieuwe-nintendo-direct-gelekt

List of games;

Fire Emblem Fates
Lost Reavers (voorheen Project Treasure)
Mario & Sonic op de Olympische Spelen - Rio 2016
Metroid Prime: Federation Force
Monster Hunter Generations
Star Fox Zero
YO-KAI WATCH

Other rumors;

- Star Fox gets a first print edition (contents unknown)
- Super Nintendo games will finally be added to the 3DS eShop
- Monster Hunter X ---> Monster Hunter Generations
- And Monster Hunter Generations will have some Fire Emblem content

Does Nintendo Europe usually use the term "Nindies"? I looked it up and the only time I could see that they did was during E3.

yoonshik

So guys, I'll put this in the rumour bin, but a Dutch Nintendo site leaked the contents of the Direct tomorrow; (So, the EU Direct) They vouch for their source and seem 99% sure. This site leaked the first details about Castlevania for 3DS a few years back btw.

http://www.n1ntendo.nl/article/49966/1/exclusieve-wereldprimeur-inhoud-nieuwe-nintendo-direct-gelekt

List of games;

Fire Emblem Fates
Star Fox Zero
YO-KAI WATCH

Other rumors;

Where's Inazuma Eleven? I'm calling this fake.

MrV4ltor

Paper Mario is an RPG, other Mario games that will be revealed are probably platformers. They also need to keep their promise of not abandoning the Wii U as soon as NX is out.

Josh5890

I don't think this direct will be nearly as big as the last Fall's direct. I'm guessing somewhere between 25-29 minutes, max.

ash_ag

Wait, is there actually a chance for Sun and Moon info?

Timeline of BW info rollout:

29/01/2010 -- Announcement of a new game in development for Nintendo DS
07/02/2010 -- Silhouette of new movie Pokémon shown on Pokémon Sunday
10/02/2010 -- March issue of CoroCoro leaks and reveals Zorua and Zoroark
21/02/2010 -- Zorua and Zoroark formally revealed on Pokémon Sunday
02/04/2010 -- Pokémon Sunday preview promises information on the April 11th episode
09/04/2010 -- Name of the games ('Black' and 'White') and planned Q3 release announced via the website
10/04/2010 -- May issue of CoroCoro leaks and reveals the first information and some screenshots
18/04/2010 -- Pokémon Sunday shows a bit of video footage of the games
09/05/2010 -- Silhouettes of the starters shown on Pokémon Sunday
12/05/2010 -- CoroCoro leaks with info blowout -- region, starters, screenshots
16/05/2010 -- Battle footage shown on Pokémon Sunday
28/05/2010 -- Reshiram and Zekrom revealed, formal worldwide announcement of BW

After that, monthly revelations were as you might imagine. With SM, we're currently like that:

10/02/2016 -- CoroCoro leaks and reveals new movie Pokémon
14/02/2016 -- Magearna formally revealed worldwide
24/02/2016 -- Pokémon Direct announced
27/02/2016 -- Sun & Moon announced to be in development

Like with BW, announcement of the games and the first Pokémon (relevant to the upcoming movie) happened by the end of February, with not much else (except the titles, this time). In BW's case, real information started rolling out in April, with the games being planned to release in September. We're now upon a "late 2016" release date, which most likely means November. With that in mind, the first information could arrive anywhere between April and June. My guess is that we'll have something before E3, but probably not long before.

There's always a chance we see more new Pokémon before game info and screenshots though.

Kyzer

Banned
It's gonna be

Twilight Princess HD comes out this Friday.
Pokken comes out later this month.
Hyrule Warriors Legends, Sonic Boom, Bravely Second, Dragon Quest
Mario & Sonic at Rio Olympics
New Star Fox Info + Maybe Delay

DNAbro

What did you expect 3 months before E3. There's no way they were going to blow their load and disappoint everyone like they did last year.
The big lesson to take away from this: Only get hyped for Directs that are in the 2nd half of the year, or very early in the year, like January - mid February.

To blowout the remaining Wii U/3DS stuff. E3 is NX time.

AdanVC

List of games;

Fire Emblem Fates
Star Fox Zero
YO-KAI WATCH

Other rumors;

Most underwhelming Direct ever if this becomes true... Doesn't even have Paper Mario U and it's like Wii U doesn't exist anymore. Just wow.

Peru

This is a housecleaning direct. "Out with the old" - and in with the new, but only later, at e3. Nothing particularly new will be shown.

MK_768

There's no way E3 is 100% NX. Not a chance. Wii U will still have games coming out through at least the end of 2016, including zelda and probably another mario party or something no one cares about.

I dont disagree.

It's likely that Zelda is coming NX too.

My point was that a Paper Mario reveal for Wii U isn't that big of deal compared to if it was coming to NX. But if it's a Wii U game I can see it being announced tomorrow or before E3.

There's no way E3 is 100% NX. Not a chance. Wii U will still have games coming out through at least the end of 2016, including zelda and probably another mario party or something no one cares about.

Right, but announcing any and all remaining Wii U games at E3 seems a bit silly. They can still show up and have a decent presence post-reveal.

List of games;

Fire Emblem Fates
Star Fox Zero
YO-KAI WATCH

Other rumors;

Generations? Shoulda just call it Stories :V

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I'll gladly take SNES games in the New 3DS shop, thank you very much.

Timeline of BW info rollout:

29/01/2010 -- Announcement of a new game in development for Nintendo DS
07/02/2010 -- Silhouette of new movie Pokémon shown on Pokémon Sunday
10/02/2010 -- March issue of CoroCoro leaks and reveals Zorua and Zoroark
21/02/2010 -- Zorua and Zoroark formally revealed on Pokémon Sunday
02/04/2010 -- Pokémon Sunday preview promises information on the April 11th episode
09/04/2010 -- Name of the games ('Black' and 'White') and planned Q3 release announced via the website
10/04/2010 -- May issue of CoroCoro leaks and reveals the first information and some screenshots
18/04/2010 -- Pokémon Sunday shows a bit of video footage of the games
09/05/2010 -- Silhouettes of the starters shown on Pokémon Sunday
12/05/2010 -- CoroCoro leaks with info blowout -- region, starters, screenshots
16/05/2010 -- Battle footage shown on Pokémon Sunday
28/05/2010 -- Reshiram and Zekrom revealed, formal worldwide announcement of BW

After that, monthly revelations were as you might imagine. With SM, we're currently like that:

10/02/2016 -- CoroCoro leaks and reveals new movie Pokémon
14/02/2016 -- Magearna formally revealed worldwide
24/02/2016 -- Pokémon Direct announced
27/02/2016 -- Sun & Moon announced to be in development

Like with BW, announcement of the games and the first Pokémon (relevant to the upcoming movie) happened by the end of February, with not much else (except the titles, this time). In BW's case, real information started rolling out in April, with the games being planned to release in September. We're now upon a "late 2016" release date, which most likely means November. With that in mind, the first information could arrive anywhere between April and June. My guess is that we'll have something before E3, but probably not long before.

There's always a chance we see more new Pokémon before game info and screenshots though.
One thing to keep in mind is that sun and moon were announcement was specifically set to midnight on the 27th for Japan as part of the anniversary stuff, so the announcement might have been done differently without anniversary consideration and likely at a different date

If Starfox is not delayed tomorrow I swear yall better not post another tamaki rumor on this board running it as facts I swear!

Preach. All this coy "i MIGHT know something you don't know, maybe!" method of spreading rumours is just getting old, and I'm not even referring to just him (remember that SSB4 debacle with RogersBase toward the end of last year?)

Watch as if it doesn't he falls back on "But I only said there were discussions going on, not that they definitively would delay it!" The thing about his statements is that they're so vague they're practically meaningless.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Announcing SNES games comming on 3ds VC doesn't mean also having actual games on it. Just remember the announcements of N64 and DS VC on Wii U. So it's perfectly possible.

Top Bottom