• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct: new presentation (over) (Wii U / 3DS)

Sandfox

aonuma comes out holding a 3DS

"today i'd like to talk about a zelda game very close to my heart. this game was quite divisive when it was released, but it's gained quite a loyal fanbase. in this nintendo direct presentation, i'd like to reveal, directly to you, a second chance to experience this title for the first time all over again"

trailer plays

that's right fools it's zelda game & watch 3D
Day one.

ozfunghi

Januari 9th: Cpt Toad
Februari 1st: Fatal Frame
Februari 15th: X
March 1st: Devil's Third
March 15th: Zelda U
April 1st: Splatoon
April 15th: Starfox
May 1st: Metroid U

Believe. Or not.

AniHawk

https://twitter.com/gamespite/status/529792487653515265

Not saying this is related to this direct, but my eyebrow is firmly raised.

For the record, when ALBW was announced, Nintendo had press (including USgamer) play the game ahead of the Direct and have previews ready as soon as the Direct ended.

Again, I don't know if it's related. But I am suspicious.

maybe he knows mt. rainier is about to erupt and is part of a superteam tasked to save the townspeople.

Azelover

Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.
I wanna see more of Zelda. I know they usually wait until GDC but I don't care. It's fucking time.

it's reggie! he's wearing a samus pin and there's a ridley figurine on his desk

he smiles as the metroid theme plays him in

"we know that fans of Samus Aran's adventures have been clamoring for a return to alien worlds and mysterious labyrinths for quite some time. well, i'm proud to announce that in the summer* of 2015**, Platinum Club Nintendo members who purchase and register the New Nintendo 3DS, will be able to download Super Metroid for free; this classic is not available to anyone else"

punk+amazing.gif

LOLDSFAN

I'll be just starting my work shift just as this starts. Bummer...

Hopes and dreams:

Custom SSB Wii U bundle
Zelda U teaser
Announce a new 3DS game
Iwata's beautiful face

Clefargle

"we know that fans of Samus Aran's adventures have been clamoring for a return to alien worlds and mysterious labyrinths for quite some time. well, i'm proud to announce that in the summer* of 2015**, Platinum Club Nintendo members who purchase and register the New Nintendo 3DS, will be able to download Super Metroid for free; this classic is not available to anyone else"

Staaaaaaaaahp! My poor heart

hello everayone

this is satoru iwata, once again returning to nintendo direct

today i have many exciting titles to show you for the wii u and nintendo 3ds

however, since i have been away so long, let me make up for lost time with the following presentation: pikmin 3 is a unique strategy game for the wii u in which

Finally a nintendo direct now give me updates on games that are supposed to come out in early 2015 like mario maker, splatoon, and yoshi wolly world hope we get atleast release months for the games. I also want to see footage of splatoon single player mode.

hello everayone

however, since i have been away so long, let me make up for lost time with the following presentation: pikmin 3 is a unique strategy game for the wii u in which
You're on a roll. You're actually crying after writing all this stuff, aren't you? The way you write... you know this suffering too well. I feel you.

Tregard

Soothsayer
hello everayone

Proud to announce a new tilt control system for Pikmin 3 with the Wii U gamepad

hello everayone

You have a problem, sir. Seek help.

hello everayone

i would die on the spot. :(

hello everayone

I bet money they dedicate time to the Pikmin 3 demo and Pikmin shorts.

Azelover

Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.
Screw the Mario Galaxy HD collection. I want a new Mario Galaxy!

That's my dream too. But that team is just finishing up Captain Toad so it's gonna take about a year for another Mario Galaxy to exist in presentable form, let alone in HD.

udivision

Nope. Because....
Prediction: One of Mario's actions would be taken out or changed and everyone would freak the eff out. My guess would be the punch kick combo. 100 Page thread ensues about about Nintendo changing what worked, and defense force countering it or something. 50 page thread ensues about punch kick taken out because nintendo is kiddy. Then GIFs, Comics, Wii U sales, F, and more F.

Press F to Controversy.

HeySeuss

Why are we thinking there will be a remaster? Is it based on anything other than hope?

My guess is Mario Kart 8 dlc, Smash, Amiibos, Captain Toad, Splatoon info, Xenoblade, and 3ds stuff for the rest of the direct.

Obviously I want to be wrong, but I don't think this is going to be anything spectacular.

ec0ec0

I was thinking F-Zero, but how would fans respond? A franchise that's been missing in action for years only to get a HD remaster. Would fans be grateful to get anything or feel that they rather have a new game?

We need F-Zero GX HD because it is the best game ever and becuase theres a lot of people out there that still dont know that it is the best game ever :p

I would really love to see more people learning how to play that game. Now that i think about it, you can see that in the post that i made today in the latest F-Zero GX thread :p :

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=137371363&postcount=47

more people need to play that game :,(

2thepoint

I laughed, oh how I laughed.

It's so cruel how gaming companies work.

It's like they purposely go out of their way to hype you into oblivion, just so they can crush your dreams in the next instance.

I can just image Iwata moving to a Zelda segment of the presentation tomorrow...

''Haroo, our team in Tokyoo is woking verrrrry hord on the next installment in the Zelda franchise. They ar making gwate progress, and today I would like to share some...*drumroll* concept art for this highly anticipated tiiiiiiitle.''

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
hello everayone

;.;

I can see this happening

MattyG

Banned
hello everayone

Kristen-Bell-Laughing-to-Crying.gif

Zero²

Retro developed Souls inspired game: KongBorne.
With playable Gothic Cranky Kong, with K. Rool as the main villain.

Top Bottom