• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - August 2012

StayDead

FYI Japanese eShop has been updated with this weeks releases already.

Seriously debating Fire Emblem and Ark Systemworks Adventure game :/

Salvadora

If GBA games are why you would get a 3DS then you probably don't want a 3DS anyways

:p

I hope they are just working the way through the nes ambassador games and will come to the gba games eventually. Alternatively I wouldn't mind snes games.

Europe gets Last Blade? :O

NoA :(

Saw in the recent NP that Shantae GBC is coming. Hope it's soon! Because of the insanely priced Ebay prices (and my eternal regret of not buying this for $15 at a Kmart way back when), I'm really looking forward to trying it out!

Oh man, I'd still be kicking myself if I missed a bargain like that.

I had the cart years ago, but it was stolen :/

This was long time ago. I had no money of course, but I was planning to ask my parents for some money to get it. But I never did.

I really should've done everything possible to get it. What a HUGE mistake. :(

But who'd have known that it'd be one of those rare gems at the time? Which is why I'm never selling some games I feel will be rare one day. Learned a lesson at least.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Oh, great. We Europeans will play it, finally XD

Katsuragi

Good news for shoot 'em up fans It was quite sad that a game developed by a German company had yet to be released in Europe.

@MUWANdo

Banned
NA press release is up--no weekend deal, nothing interesting at all aside from the Month of Mario discount (SML, $2.99). Seriously, it's barren.

@MUWANdo

Banned
I hope this version doesn't have bugs. :( I don't want to buy it again just so I can play it without freezing.

Damn, I had no idea... there were changes/fixes for the Japanese release, right? Did anyone from Shin'en mention whether that bug or others had been addressed? I know they added an option for inverted controls.

VideoMan

30% Failure Rate
Aug. 2, 2012

This week's Nintendo Download includes the following featured content:

Nintendo eShop
The Lost Town - The Jungle – A mysterious meteorite landed in the Amazon jungle, cloaking the land in darkness and causing villagers and animals to go insane. You must locate the meteorite and use your elite combat skills to help get rid of it. (For Nintendo 3DS / Nintendo DSi)

Nintendo Video
Dinosaur Office: Coffee Run (available Aug. 3 at 6 a.m. PT) – The only thing worse than extinction: a coffee shortage. Watch Dinosaur Office on Nintendo Video this week. (For Nintendo 3DS)

A Month of Mario
Super Mario Land – "A Month of Mario" continues this week with Mario's very first Game Boy adventure, Super Mario Land. Starting today through Wednesday, Aug. 8, the game is available at a discounted price of $2.99. (For Nintendo 3DS)

Sneak Peek
New Super Mario Bros. 2 – Over the next few weeks, a series of videos will be released in the Nintendo eShop to give players a special look at some of the courses in New Super Mario Bros. 2. The first video highlighting one of the Rainbow Courses is now available. If players are lucky enough to discover one of these special courses along their journey, they'll have an opportunity to earn a colossal amount of coins. (For Nintendo 3DS)

Also new this week:
• 3D Solitaire (Nintendo eShop)

To view this week's Nintendo Download in its full graphical version, please visit: http://www.news2know.net/nintendo/download6maZ0oxR.php.

Damn, I had no idea... there were changes/fixes for the Japanese release, right? Did anyone from Shin'en mention whether that bug or others had been addressed? I know they added an option for inverted controls.

I was the primary person in contact with them about the problem. I sent them my copy of the game, they saw the bug, and as far as I know they had no idea how to fix it. They sent me a new copy which I haven't played, there was no reason to believe the problem would be fixed and I was busy with other games.

Maybe sometime here I'll try it again...

NA press release is up--no weekend deal, nothing interesting at all aside from the Month of Mario discount (SML, $2.99). Seriously, it's barren.
http://www.news2know.net/nintendo/download6maZ0oxR.php

Yup. come on, NoA, you actually had a good thing going there for a few weeks, and still have tons of stuff that needs to be put up on the VC. Didn't really expect it to last, but it's still disappointing all the same if we're going to have to go back to waiting for god knows when for stuff like Wario Land 2 to be added... =/

Nano Assault EX? I know it's Shin'en and they have a good relationship with Nintendo (and history on their DD services) but it's positive to see a niche retail title hitting the eShop. Hopefully other publishers will consider this in the future.

Ugh, barf.

8bit Summer should've been extended to August, there's still a ton of games for NA to catch up to EU on (Trip World, Kirby's DL2, Wario Land 2, Sonic Blast/Labyrinth, etc) not to mention the bounty Japan has (Wario Land 3, Defenders of Oasis, Demon Slayer, Megaman 1-2, etc).

They also should've extended 8bit Summer yo Wii VC. There's so many great NES/SMS games we're still missing. :[

@MUWANdo

Banned
I was the primary person in contact with them about the problem. I sent them my copy of the game, they saw the bug, and as far as I know they had no idea how to fix it. They sent me a new copy which I haven't played, there was no reason to believe the problem would be fixed and I was busy with other games.

Maybe sometime here I'll try it again...

Damn. I remember talking to someone at Ubisoft Sofia about the Shadow Wars issues and they didn't know, either; they said that the game was bug-free when it went gold but buggy by the time it released due to changes that Nintendo made to the firmware before launch that they weren't able to react to, and because the firmware continued changing after launch they basically just gave up on trying to identify all the bugs.

RobotHaus

Unconfirmed Member
Ugh, barf.

8bit Summer should've been extended to August, there's still a ton of games for NA to catch up to EU on (Trip World, Kirby's DL2, Wario Land 2, Sonic Blast/Labyrinth, etc) not to mention the bounty Japan has (Wario Land 3, Defenders of Oasis, Demon Slayer, Megaman 1-2, etc).

They also should've extended 8bit Summer yo Wii VC. There's so many great NES/SMS games we're still missing. :[

No, it should have been 8-bit year. And when I say that I mean they should just keep releasing quality games for a year and never stop. Also, Mario Land on sale again? I thought everyone has that by now, they should have just released more games! But oh well, anything is better than nothing I suppose.

Ugh, barf.

Indeed. And that's also entirely without touching the issue of getting GBA games up on the 3DS eShop for purchase, and adding other stuff that really should be there as well (espeically if Nintendo likes easy money, which I see no reason why they wouldn't), like SNES games. Nintendo has an absolute mountain of stuff that could be put onto the 3DS VC, so I don't understand why they (or rather, specifically why NoA in particular) insist on taking it so slowly, as if they didn't.

joedick

I haven't watched the new Dinosaur Office yet, so please nobody tell me if one of them gets eaten at the end.

What did Europe get again? Toki Tori?

Fuck. I love Toki Tori. :(
Yup. Just went live over there apparently:
https://twitter.com/TwoTribesGames

Would have been more than happy with that this week, especially since following Two Tribes tweets, it sounds like it's ready to go here, and it's just up to Nintendo of America to pull the trigger. But apparently NoA feels like it's better to go back to just releasing nothing some weeks. Sigh... Not really surprised, but disappointing all the same. :(

Indeed. And that's also entirely without touching the issue of getting GBA games up on the 3DS eShop for purchase, and adding other stuff that really should be there as well (espeically if Nintendo likes easy money, which I see no reason why they wouldn't), like SNES games. Nintendo has an absolute mountain of stuff that could be put onto the 3DS VC, so I don't understand why they (or rather, specifically why NoA in particular) insist on taking it so slowly, as if they didn't.
Well, in a better alternate reality the 3 month 8bit Summer would be followed up by a 3 month 16bit Winter to address that stuff. P:

Bog

Junior Ace
Nintendo Video
*Dinosaur Office: Coffee Run* (available Aug. 3 at 6 a.m. PT) – The only thing worse than extinction: a coffee shortage. Watch Dinosaur Office on Nintendo Video this week. (For Nintendo 3DS)

Too soon...

Drago

Well, in a better alternate reality the 3 month 8bit Summer would be followed up by a 3 month 16bit Winter to address that stuff. P:

Isn't GBA 32-bit? :p

I would take 16bit Winter though. SNES and Genesis games? Yes Please!

Sharing SNES and Genesis games between 3DS and WiiU? YES PLEASE!

Rootbeer

Banned
such an amazing backlog of games over Nintendo's history, and yet look at the crap they release every update :|

Release some stuff I want to buy, please! More NES and GBA games. How about some RPGS? SNES?

Isn't GBA 32-bit? :p

I would take 16bit Winter though. SNES and Genesis games? Yes Please!

Sharing SNES and Genesis games between 3DS and WiiU? YES PLEASE!
Technically yes (so is Xbox, lol), but in performance it's in line with the 16bit consoles. Same for TG16 and 16bit (it has an 8bit CPU).

Dream 16bit Winter would also include NGPC for 3DS VC.

Roto13

So I guess when they said they were going to start releasing two Virtual Console games per week, they really did only mean for July.

*sigh*

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
So I guess when they said they were going to start releasing two Virtual Console games per week, they really did only mean for July.

*sigh*

Game Boy / Game Boy Color / Game Gear / NES libraries are too small. We have to spread it out over ten years.
RIP chance GBA, Virtual Boys and NGPC titles

Top Bottom