• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - December 2013

also

Banned
Holy fucking fuck. Seriously?

I'll still humor your BS:

It is an account system that has all your digital purchases registered to it. This is fact. This what many have been crying for for years. Now the goalposts have been moved to "oh but I want to move my account around at will!" which is a completely understandable thing when a system breaks or whatever and the current call CS solution is far from ideal. For the fucking record: nobody is claiming the latter part is perfect, painless and anything to celebrate in and of itself! Could this please be recognized for fucks sake?

So, now. Deleting your account is not a self-explanatory thing? Really? Are you seriously trying to sell me on that? It even tells you that you lose access to your shit.

You didn't say anything about switching countries but switching countries is exactly how you switch eShops. Which you can still do, you just can't log into your NNID. And you can still use the eShop without an NNID since creation of an NNID is not mandatory on the 3DS.
Yeah, seriously. Every time someone says that Nintendo doesn't have an account system, you come in saying that in fact they do. Going by your logic, Nintendo had an account as far back as Wii goes (Wii shop account), your games were just tied to the serial number of the console. What's the difference between all your games being tied to a serial number or a NNID? The only thing I can think of is that you can have multiple accounts on a single Wii U but I'm not sure if they even allow the transfer of individual accounts. And yes, they could also do the transfer over the phone back then, they were just very reluctant to do so because screw the costumers, we got our money.

No, because Nintendo doesn't exist in a vacuum, even if their actions make you wonder if they think they do. MS and Sony don't allow you to close your account; you can only delete your profile. It's not a stretch to say that someone coming of XBL and PSN would expect the eShop to work the same.

Read again what I wrote: ''So a NNID functions the same way as a 3DS' eShop account, except you can't switch between eShops from different countries anymore.''

You also imply that you can still access different eShops.

''Thus you can't download demos from other countries stores since there's only one NNID per 3DS.''

You can't download shit from other eShops once you register a NNID on a 3DS.

BowieZ

Banned
Question: it allows you to copy game data to other USBs, right? Can't a friend borrow that USB and use it on their system? (Pleading ignorance, obviously I know this couldn't work for some reason.)

zroid

Banned
Looking on the 3DS store reminded me I've been waiting for a Sakura Samurai sale (Euro) for sooo long. They're never gonna do it are they? Or HarmoKnight. >_>

I can't believe there hasn't been a HarmoKnight sale yet. I might be the biggest HarmoKnight apologist/fan on this forum, but even I thought it was a little overpriced. $10 would have been fair.

rush is good, very good...

I am in puzzle game heaven with Toki Tori, EDGE, and RUSH. Three amazing games in one of my favourite genres for the extremely reasonable price of $2 each. Doesn't get any better!

also

Banned
Question: it allows you to copy game data to other USBs, right? Can't a friend borrow that USB and use it on their system? (Pleading ignorance, obviously I know this couldn't work for some reason.)

While you can freely copy data, that data is tied to an individual 3DS, so no, it wouldn't work.

BriBri

Japanese 3DS eShop sales copied & pasted from my blog:-

■ Ganbare Goemon sale (20 - 31 December)

□ Ganbare Goemon: Karakuri Douchuu 500 yen → 250 yen
□ Ganbare Goemon Gaiden: Kieta Ougon Kiser 500 yen → 250 yen
□ Ganbare Goemon: Sarawareta Ebisumaru! 400 yen → 200 yen
□ Ganbare Goemon: Kurofune Tou no Nazo 400 yen → 200 yen

■ End of year sale (18 December - 1 January)

□ BLAZBLUE Continuum Shift II 2500 yen → 1750 yen
□ Detective Saburo Jinguji Revenge Rondo 4200 yen → 2500 yen
□ Live Escape Adventure Witch House 800 yen → 500 yen
□ Riki Densetsu 800 yen → 500 yen
□ ARC STYLE: Mahjong 3D 500 yen → 250 yen
□ Mark of Fuma and Ball of Grace - Rabbit Round of Gale 500 yen → 250 yen
□ Dogimegi Attraction Chan 500 yen → 100 yen

■ New Year’s sale (1 -15 January)

□ SHIFTING WORLD 2800 yen → 1750 yen
□ Kunio-Kun Nekketsu Hardliner Special 2500 yen → 1750 yen
□ BLAZBLUE Clone Phantasmagoria 800 yen → 500 yen
□ TRUE REMEMBRANCE 500 yen → 250 yen
□ Always Playing Cards 500 yen → 250 yen
□ Othello 3D 500 yen → 250 yen
□ Korokesu 500 yen → 100 yen

Khaz

Ugh...I didn't realize when I transferred info from my OG 3DS to the XL last Summer I would lose Zelda Four Swords forever. Didn't transfer the game at the time thinking that I could download it some other time.

Why Nintendo...why did you feel the need to remove it from the Eshop.

Hm? You either transfer everything or nothing? If you can't redownload it hit up customer support.

Did you look at your download/purchases history? I think you can redownload it from there even if it's not listed o the eShop storefront... If not contact Nintendo Support

Nope, you can't redownload it again. It still has an entry on the eShop that you can access from the "titles you've downloaded" but where the download link should be it says "software currently unavailable". Once deleted from the system, it's gone forever.

zroid

Banned
Nope, you can't redownload it again. It still has an entry on the eShop that you can access from the "titles you've downloaded" but where the download link should be it says "software currently unavailable". Once deleted from the system, it's gone forever.

Huh? That's messed up...

what on earth could possibly be the reason for that? You can still re-download other games which were removed from the various shops, like the DKC series..

NeoRausch

Look at your TV while you're playing a level :)

jesus Christ, I feel dumb now. you are correct. just started the game yesterday to see if it works. well, in the menu you just get that logo screen but the game runs on the TV. strange decision, but YAY!

It's been a while since I tried the demo, but I think it was very similar to "Protect Me, Knight" (360 Indie).

Thanks, that does look interesting but sadly Live Indie Games aren't available in my country. >_>

Ironically enough neither was Witch & Hero but that was (previously) easy to remedy lol.... :(

By the way, how is it not obvious that if you DELETE your account, to which all your games are tied, all those games are gone too? The word delete is pretty self explanatory.

Other platforms (wisely) don't even give you the option to "delete" your account for exactly this reason.

Also, I can't speak to how the Nintendo "delete" option is presented, but at least on systems like PS3 and 360 if you "delete" your profile you're doing it locally, with no impact on your game purchases.

BriBri

So last year in Japan the sole New Year (3DS) eShop game was Super Mario Bros. 3. New Year's Day is a Wednesday this year so what game will Nintendo add? The only unreleased Virtual Console game bigger than SMB3 would be Pokemon which I doubt will happen. Maybe Super Mario World but again doubtful. Maybe go with Mother? Perhaps it will be just another letdown regardless!

Rlan

So I bought a 3DS XL today. Came with Pokemon Super Rumble & Dragon Quest IX (thanks to Target) and bought Zelda: A Link Between Worlds and got Mario 3D Land through the promotion. Not bad!

Main issue I've had at the moment is that my hands seem to cramp up REAL quick with this thing - triggers and left thumb. Hmm.

Which is better, Pushmo (Pullblox) or Crashmo (Fallblox)?

Actually I was able to get it again. Just went to the download history in my account.

Also, you can still change countries all you want. You can go into the region settings and change your system's country like before but you cannot use your NNID in whatever country you change it to, obviously. Thus you can't download demos from other countries stores since there's only one NNID per 3DS.
Are you making assumptions or have you actually tried all of this? In my experience it is the former and then someone like me with something to lose tries it and loses what they had to lose...

Anyway:
If I link my NNID, then switch to Australia. How will Snapdots be in the purchase history? Remeber that the NNID link gobbled up the systems eShop history (and if you try to download Snapdots from the UK shop you get software unavailable). [I'm still waiting for NOE respond with a non-answer this one].

Also if there is no NNID and assuming I can still make purchases, what exactly am I linking my purchases to and how will they transfer?

Basically I feel that Nintendo fumbled the implementation of NNID. It should have upgraded for the 3DS rather the downgrading the 3DS for it. The only silver lining is it being optional (but for how long?)

GeekyDad

So I bought a 3DS XL today. Came with Pokemon Super Rumble & Dragon Quest IX (thanks to Target) and bought Zelda: A Link Between Worlds and got Mario 3D Land through the promotion. Not bad!

Main issue I've had at the moment is that my hands seem to cramp up REAL quick with this thing - triggers and left thumb. Hmm.

Which is better, Pushmo (Pullblox) or Crashmo (Fallblox)?

Mmm...Dragon Quest IX. Had hundreds (literally) of wonderful hours with that game.

Could be the original 3DS size might have been a better fit for your hands.

Don't own Crashmo, but Pushmo is a delightful little game. Doubt you could wrong with either.

D-e-f-

Banned
Are you making assumptions or have you actually tried all of this? In my experience it is the former and then someone like me with something to lose tries it and loses what they had to lose...

Anyway:
If I link my NNID, then switch to Australia. How will Snapdots be in the purchase history? Remeber that the NNID link gobbled up the systems eShop history (and if you try to download Snapdots from the UK shop you get software unavailable). [I'm still waiting for NOE respond with a non-answer this one].

Also if there is no NNID and assuming I can still make purchases, what exactly am I linking my purchases to and how will they transfer?

Basically I feel that Nintendo fumbled the implementation of NNID. It should have upgraded for the 3DS rather the downgrading the 3DS for it. The only silver lining is it being optional (but for how long?)

I went to the menu and clicked on it to see the pop-up telling me that I won't be able to use any NNID-required featuers like Miiverse if I change the country. I never bought a game from another shop, I only used it to get a demo that we didn't have over here before so I have no way of testing how it would work with past out-of-country purchases.

There's no question that this system sucks for people who have bought things from other stores before and now don't know what is up with that purchase.

Khaz

I went to the menu and clicked on it to see the pop-up telling me that I won't be able to use any NNID-required featuers like Miiverse if I change the country. I never bought a game from another shop, I only used it to get a demo that we didn't have over here before so I have no way of testing how it would work with past out-of-country purchases.

There's no question that this system sucks for people who have bought things from other stores before and now don't know what is up with that purchase.

Can you still change country in the setup? I assume it temprorarily disables your NNID and access to Miiverse. What happen if you try to access the eShop?

also

Banned

Anyway:

Here's a video of someone making an Irish NNID after having bought games from the Australian store. He appears to retain all his games on the SD card but when he goes through his eShop history, some software is labelled as not available. You should try asking him if he bought any AUS exclusive stuff and if he can redownload it.

You are, just like before, linking your purchases to your system's eShop account, which is deleted upon registering a NNID on the system.

Khaz

Here's a video of someone making an Irish NNID after having bought games from the Australian store. He appears to retain all his games on the SD card but when he goes through his eShop history, some software is labelled as not available. You should try asking him if he bought any AUS exclusive stuff and if he can redownload it.

You are, just like before, linking your purchases to your system's eShop account, which is deleted upon registering a NNID on the system.

That's the thing, the receipts are still here, he can still access whatever he has already downloaded. No one doubted that. Now what's interesting would have been to have his console linked to the australian eshop and try to redownload stuff that aren't available in Australia. This I'm really not sure it would work. Furthermore would he be able to buy stuff that are on the europeans eShops but not on the australian one? I doubt it. He didn't show anything.

The N/A stuff were old videos he deleted a long time ago. No biggie.

D-e-f-

Banned

Someone in this or the 3DS Update thread had a similar thing in their account history and it turned out those were downloadable videos that are no longer on the shop. Might be the same in that Youtuber's case.

also

Banned
I guess someone will have to try it out. So what's the cheapest country exclusive eShop game or app? I will probably end up making an Italian NNID so I need something that's not on the Italian eShop.

zroid

Banned
Vook64 has been doing a lot of testing with how the new NNID setup impacts purchases from different regions. Haven't been following too closely since I haven't bought anything outside of my region, but you could probably find some answers on his twitter feed or website.

D-e-f-

Banned
Vook64 has been doing a lot of testing with how the new NNID setup impacts purchases from different regions. Haven't been following too closely since I haven't bought anything outside of my region, but you could probably find some answers on his twitter feed or website.

And/or we could just ask him directly. Isn't he hanging out in these parts as well?

also

Banned

Thanks, found the answer.

*EuroSport was terminated in early 2013, that's why it crashes the eShop if you attempt to redownload it.

So to summarize what happens after you register your NNID:
-you can use any software (DLC included) on your SD card, no matter what eShop you bought it from.
-if the software is not available on your NNID's eShop, e.g. Shantaee on the AUS eShop, you can't redownload it, so you are screwed if you ever delete it.
Be especially careful of games like Layton and Inazuma Eleven because different regions have different dubs, so for example you can't redownload the English version on a German or Austrian NNID.

Keep up the good work Nintendo!

Shiggy

OK, found the answer.

i3bga1xNv5ZeQ.png

iViYfBb5cvzyv.png
*EuroSport was terminated in early 2013, that's why it crashes the eShop when you attempt to redownload it.

So to summarize what happens after you register your NNID:
-you can use any software (DLC included) on your SD card, no matter what eShop you bought it from.
-if the software is not available on your NNID's eShop, e.g. Shantaee on the AUS eShop, you can't redownload it, so you are screwed if you ever delete it.
Be especially careful of games like Layton and Inazuma Eleven because each region has it's own dub, so for example you can't redownload the English version on a German or Austrian NNID.

Are DSiWare purchases also linked to a NNID?

also

Banned
Are DSiWare purchases also linked to a NNID?
I'm 100% sure they are because they show up in you purchase history and are transferred using ''system transfer'' -> they are tied to your eShop account.
When you register a NNID your eShop account gets deleted and the licenses are transfered -> all your current and future purchases are and will be tied to your NNID.

zroid

Banned
Yeah it's pretty bad how this turned out. I have got to assume they will eventually let you access eShops from other regions but simply not let you add funds or download new software. At least then it will be possible to obtain things which you actually own, so that should be legally allowed.

If if affects you, make sure you let Nintendo know about this problem in your Club Nintendo surveys, and/or by sending emails to their customer service department.

D-e-f-

Banned

We still don't know if you can switch regions and then access it. That still needs to be confirmed.

also

Banned
We still don't know if you can switch regions and then access it. That still needs to be confirmed.
Before you create your NNID you are warned that every time you will access the eShop from now on you will have to log in with your NNID.
Just try it out yourself. Switch to a different country and try to access the eShop. I'm sure you won't be able to.

EDIT: Definitive proof from Vooks website if anyone still has doubts:
iCd4YTHCsTGSf.jpg

Javier

Yeah it's pretty bad how this turned out. I have got to assume they will eventually let you access eShops from other regions but simply not let you add funds or download new software. At least then it will be possible to obtain things which you actually own, so that should be legally allowed.

If if affects you, make sure you let Nintendo know about this problem in your Club Nintendo surveys, and/or by sending emails to their customer service department.
They could do it by simply letting you use more than one NNID on a single 3DS. It's why this whole situation isn't an issue on Wii U.

zroid

Banned
They could do it by simply letting you use more than one NNID on a single 3DS. It's why this whole situation isn't an issue on Wii U.

That would definitely be ideal. Somehow I feel they have their reasons for not wanting to allow that.

Khaz

Be especially careful of games like Layton and Inazuma Eleven because each region has it's own dub, so for example you can't redownload the English version on a German or Austrian NNID.

Oh ffs I completely forgot about Layton. Didn't know about Inazuma Eleven though. With Link's Awakening that makes at least three games with locked localisation.

Why can't they do it like the Louvre application with all languages as separate available apps if its to big to fit a single download?

You can't do anything right, Nintendo.

also

Banned

I'm hoping they do this.
I don't understand why Ninty and Sony only allow one 1 account per portable. Sure, handhelds are more personal than home consoles but they still get passed because not everyone can afford 1 system per sibling/family member.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
I want those 3D Sega Classics but I've so much good stuff on my to-do list!!

Awesome time to enjoy video games

Khaz

I don't mind the 1 3DS = 1 NNID situation, it's a personal handheld as opposed to a family console. I understand the logic even though it would be nice to have the option regardless.

I don't mind having to register a country with the NNID either, it brings you the correct eShop and localised content etc. The problem (for me) is that this country choice is definitive. If changing country and eShop was as simple as going to the system settings to flick a switch, I wouldn't have any problem. But no, this specific database label is non-modifiable. Utterly stupid. And all the people living in countries without an eShop have the choice betwen Miiverse and eShop. Or lie in their NNID, Miiverse, Streetpass, etc.

GeekyDad

I want those 3D Sega Classics but I've so much good stuff on my to-do list!!

Awesome time to enjoy video games

Same. Was just checking out some of the pics of Galaxy Force II on Miiverse. Man, the 3D in that game is beautiful. Definitely wanna nab it sometime down the road. Mad props, though, to Sega (and M2) for the investment of this work. Kinda making Nintendo look bad in comparison.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Currently remembering why RUSH is pure awesomeness. Favorite levels at this point: moth and afterthought. Come at me, gaf!

terrisus

Well, my wife's getting me two $50 eShop cards (from the 20% off sale the other week, so only cost $40 each) for Christmas, so that will finally give me a chance to fill in some of the stuff that I've been missing. Yay!

Top Bottom