• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - January 2015

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yay, Codename Steam demo is up today....though I kind of want to wait & try it when I have a New 3DS XL

Also 2 new themes, Mario's & Luigi's Mighty Mustache. Both play Rainbow Park from 3D World.

Still waiting on those system themes, Sega....

Ondore

Download press release finally came out.
Nintendo eShop on Wii U
Metroid Prime: Trilogy – Suit up! Your mission awaits! In this compilation that bundles three landmark Metroid Prime games (Metroid Prime, Metroid Prime 2: Echoes, Metroid Prime 3: Corruption), play as bounty hunter Samus Aran and experience the danger and intense action of facing adventure alone. Purchase and download Metroid Prime: Trilogy for 50 percent off (reduced from $19.99 to $9.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Feb. 5.

Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS
Code Name: S.T.E.A.M. – Demo Version – Download the free Code Name: S.T.E.A.M. demo and try the exciting new turn-based action strategy game before it launches on March 13. Developed by Intelligent Systems, the company behind the critically acclaimed Fire Emblem series, the Code Name: S.T.E.A.M. game lets you command a strike team of unexpected heroes – assembled by Abraham Lincoln himself!
Gunman Clive 2 – In this stylish sequel, travel around the world as Gunman Clive and fight samurai, dinosaurs and giant robots. Click here to watch a trailer for the game.

Virtual Console on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS
Shadow of the Ninja – In AD 2029, Emperor Garuda rules with a cruel iron fist. Two fearless ninjas head out into the night to put an end to his evil reign. In this NES classic, play solo or with a friend as you run, jump and slash through 16 stages of hostile enemy territory. Shadow of the Ninja is now available in the Nintendo eShop on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS.

New Animal Crossing: New Leaf Items
Between Feb. 1 and Nov. 7, every two weeks Nintendo will release a new item that has only been available in the Japanese version of Animal Crossing: New Leaf. To get them, visit your nearest Nintendo Zone!

Nintendo eShop Sales:

Nintendo eShop on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS
It’s the final week of the Throwback Sale! Save up to 50 percent on select games of past and current Nintendo console generations! Hurry, the sale ends at 8:59 a.m. PT on Feb. 5.
Nintendo eShop on Wii U
Stealth Inc. 2: A Game of Clones, Thomas Was Alone and more games from Curve Digital are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on Feb. 12.
Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Danger of the Ooze and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on Feb. 5.

Theme Shop on Nintendo 3DS:

New themes this week include:
Mario’s Mighty Mustache
Luigi’s Mighty Mustache

Also new this week:

Frenchy Bird (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
Rock ’N Racing Off Road (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
Drop Zone – Under Fire (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
Jewel Quest The Sapphire Dragon (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
SUMICO (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)

L~A

Tales of Phantasia themes? Is the game going to see another release on the 3DS? Seems like an odd choice.

Not really... they released several Tales of Graces themes last week, and I really doubt they're working on a 3DS version of that.

It's just Bamco milking 'em themes like there's no tomorrow, ha ha.

Nairume

Banned
Not really... they released several Tales of Graces themes last week, and I really doubt they're working on a 3DS version of that.

It's just Bamco milking 'em themes like there's no tomorrow, ha ha.
It's the series 20th anniversary, so it's probably an easier way for them to celebrate it than making/porting a whole game.

tolkir

7f5TM.png

Wii U | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

• Hyrule Warriors (Nintendo)
    Majora's Mask Pack ($7.99)

Wii U | Virtual Console and Wii Software

Wii U | Sales

• Metroid (Nintendo | $3.49 until 02/05, then $4.99)
  • Metroid Prime Trilogy (Nintendo | $9.99 until 02/05, then $19.99)
  • Mario Kart 8 (Nintendo | $44.99 until 02/05, then $59.99)
  • Super Mario Kart (Nintendo | $5.99 until 02/05, then $7.99)
  • Lone Survivor: The Director's Cut (Curve Digital | $8.99 until 02/12, then $12.99)
  • Stealth Inc 2: A Game of Clones (Curve Digital | $10.99 until 02/12, then $14.99)
  • The Swapper (Curve Digital | $14.99 until 02/12, then $19.99)
  • Thomas Was Alone (Curve Digital | $6.99 until 02/12, then $10.99)
  • Blok Drop U (Rcmadiax | $1.99 until 03/25, then $2.99)
  • Blok Drop X Twisted Fusion (Rcmadiax | $1.99 until 03/25, then $2.99)
  • Poker Dice Solitaire Future (Rcmadiax | $0.99 until 03/25, then $1.49)
  • Shut The Box (Rcmadiax | $0.99 until 03/25, then $1.49)
  • Spikey Walls (Rcmadiax | $0.99 until 03/25, then $1.49)
  • Toss N Go (Rcmadiax | $0.99 until 03/25, then $1.49)

Nintendo 3DS | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

• Code Name S.T.E.A.M (Nintendo | Demo)

Nintendo 3DS | Virtual Console

Nintendo 3DS | Sales

• Mario Golf (Nintendo | $2.49 until 02/05, then $3.99)
  • Mario Golf: World Tour (Nintendo | $22.49 until 01/29, then $29.99)
  • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - $14.99 thru 2/5 (was $29.99)
  • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Danger of Ooze - $14.99 thru 2/5 (was $29.99)
  • Yu-Gi-Oh! ZEXAL World Duel Carnival - $12.99 thru 2/6 (was $19.99)

vYU92.png

• Rock 'N Racing Off Road (EnjoyUp Games | €5.99 | £5.39 - €4.99 | £4.49 if you bought other EnjoyUp game)
    TM_WiiUDS_RockNRacingOffRoad_search_thumb.jpg

• Hyrule Warriors (Nintendo)
    Majora's Mask Pack (€6.99 | £6.29)

Wii U | Sales

• Cake Ninja 3: The Legend Continues (Cypronia) - €3.69/£3.33 (Ends February 5, regular price €4.99/£4.49)
  • Metroid Prime Trilogy (Nintendo | €9.99 | £8.99 until 02/05, then €19.99 | £17.99)

• Code Name S.T.E.A.M (Nintendo | Demo)

uxwGK.png

• Zelda Musou <Hyrule Warriors> (Koei Tecmo Games)
    Majora no Kamen Pack <Majora's Mask Pack> (¥1,200)

Penguin

Figured best place to get an answer, if I buy Metroid Prime Trilogy on the nintendo site, would it be sent to my console to begin downloading while at work or do you need to manually input the code?

picked up dk returns earlier today before it went full price and got metroid and gunman clive 2 as well £20 well spent tbh

downloading the code name steam demo as well woot woot

edit: out of curiosity isn't gunman clive 2 coming out on the wii u as well?

donny2112

Now on a first come, first serve basis. :)

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away an eShop MH4U demo code. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=962641.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (donny2112, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

x0NgVuQ.png
Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Club Early Access Demo (eshop) -- MB-D2754FE2615590D7 - Taken by depths20XX. 1 entrants total.

t1422550266z1.png

NateDrake

picked up dk returns earlier today before it went full price and got metroid and gunman clive 2 as well £20 well spent tbh

downloading the code name steam demo as well woot woot

edit: out of curiosity isn't gunman clive 2 coming out on the wii u as well?

Not confirmed for Wii U. Beril said he may do an HD release for Wii U that has both Gunman Clive games.

terrisus

It's on 2 different stores. So it won't really be over shadowed really.

Let's hope not.

I know for me that it's definitely a factor (in general, not necessarily in this specific case) where too many games to buy on 3DS can make me pass on something for Wii U, and vice versa.

terrisus

The Throwback Deals are
Metroid- $3.49
Metroid Prime Trilogy - $9.99
Super Mario Kart - $5.99
Mario Kart 8 - $44.99
Mario Golf -$2.49
Mario Golf: World Tour - $22.49
Just bought MPT and SMK, so I now have, in download form, every single game on that list. :lol

I got you beat.
Other than Metroid Prime Trilogy, which came out today so I bought it today, I had all of them already.

Shame on you for not buying Super Mario Kart earlier :þ

donny2112

Shame on you for not buying Super Mario Kart earlier :þ

Never played the original game, so there was no nostalgia drawing me to it. Had also sort of played the levels through GBA Super Circuit, so it wasn't like I'd never seen the levels before. But on sale? Sure! :)

maxcriden

Never played the original game, so there was no nostalgia drawing me to it. Had also sort of played the levels through GBA Super Circuit, so it wasn't like I'd never seen the levels before. But on sale? Sure! :)

You were right, Mr. Mars 2112. SMK holds up really poorly so you're better off with a later MK game. Even the woeful MK 64 is better.

(Sorry Robin, I know you love SMK.)

terrisus

Fair enough.
It is admittedly one of the weaker ones
(although still better than Super Circuit)

You were right, Mr. Mars 2112. SMK holds up really poorly so you're better off with a later MK game.

Yeah, it has been eclipsed by many of the later games, but it's still nice to have.

Even the woeful MK 64

uwot.jpg

Max...
Max, Max, Max.

You're a good guy...
A really great guy...

So I'm just going to pretend that you meant to write "wonderful" there...
Then everything will be alright...

>.>

donny2112

Even the woeful MK 64 is better.

The best Mario Kart game is now "woeful"? My how the series has fallen. :(

Edit:
Great Battle Mode. (No other MK has been better that I've seen.) Awesome glitches. (Did you watch the "Teens play Mario Kart 64" episode on Youtube? Girl in 4th glitched over the wall in Wario Stadium into first and wasn't even trying. Awesome! And Rainbow Road? So long and so sweet and had its own glitches to have fun with!) Great graphics. (Mix of sprites and polygons. Love the letters coming off the boost smoke!)

Guess it comes down to the old adage:
The Best Mario Kart is the First One You Played (unless it's Super Circuit)

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I guess I could mention it here, but for anyone looking for a MicroSD card for the New 3DS XL, Amazon is doing a sale today where a 16GB is $8 & a 32GB is $12. I've still got about 6.4GB left on my current 16GB SD card, but for that low of a price, guess I could upgrade to be safe, especially for only $4 more.

I guess I could mention it here, but for anyone looking for a MicroSD card for the New 3DS XL, Amazon is doing a sale today where a 16GB is $8 & a 32GB is $12. I've still got about 6.4GB left on my current 16GB SD card, but for that low of a price, guess I could upgrade to be safe, especially for only $4 more.

I was going to wait until Feb 13th to pick one up.

What's a recommended size for 3DS Storage?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
30 is quite a number lol.
Yeah, despite the play limit being a silly thing, 30 is quite a lot. 15? Eeehhh, questionable, but for most games, probably won't use them all. 10 is when I start to wonder why the hell they'd impose it.

The worse was Project X Zone with FIVE plays. & this is a SRPG where your first time, you probably wouldn't know what the hell it was you just did & needed to replay it a few times to fully grab the mechanics & such.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks

If you plan on downloading a decent amount of retail games, then I'd say 32GB. Otherwise, I think 16GB should be fine, as I've got about 80+ games, but only about a few are considered retail (DKCR 3D, Ace Attorney Trilogy, & Senran Kagura Burst, though last two were retail in Japan only).

Craaap, meant to edit my above post...

Ondore

"All retail unless I have no choice": 16GB
"I'll grab retail stuff digitally if it's cheap": 32GB
"SHINY DIGITAL FUTURE, MOTHER****ERS!!": 64 minimum, 128 recommended. <--- note: I'm here.

zroid

Banned
"SHINY DIGITAL FUTURE, MOTHER****ERS!!": 64 minimum, 128 recommended. <--- note: I'm here.

That sounds about right lol

I'm pretty ok with my 16GB but I got a 32GB microSD for New 3DS anyway. No harm in having a little extra space just in case.

SerTapTap

I'm just barely over 6GB, extremely easy to get by with that if you're mostly retail IMO. My digital retail games are Link Between Worlds (came with 3DS) and Pokemon Y (couldn't buy retail at release). Getting a 32GB card though just because they're friggin $12. If you're going to upgrade you should probably just start at 32 because prices don't start getting big until 64 or to a much greater extent, 128

Grooooss. Also these guys randomly replied to a (popular) tweet I retweeted to hock their totally unrelated game. Didn't know they were the ones with all that...presumably shovelware on the wii u

If you plan on downloading a decent amount of retail games, then I'd say 32GB. Otherwise, I think 16GB should be fine, as I've got about 80+ games, but only about a few are considered retail (DKCR 3D, Ace Attorney Trilogy, & Senran Kagura Burst, though last two were retail in Japan only).

Craaap, meant to edit my above post...

64 GB is $26... that's a mighty tempting price for microSD...

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I'll probably cave and grab Metroid when I am home. Even if I've been through it all ready I'll want to replay eventually. Plus at the very least it's more screens for my screenshot blog which I promised myself for the new years I'd update on a more regular basis which I started doing finally.

terrisus

Edit:
Great Battle Mode. (No other MK has been better that I've seen.) Awesome glitches. (Did you watch the "Teens play Mario Kart 64" episode on Youtube? Girl in 4th glitched over the wall in Wario Stadium into first and wasn't even trying. Awesome! And Rainbow Road? So long and so sweet and had its own glitches to have fun with!) Great graphics. (Mix of sprites and polygons. Love the letters coming off the boost smoke!)

Guess it comes down to the old adage:
The Best Mario Kart is the First One You Played (unless it's Super Circuit)

The first one I played is the SNES one.

I agree with you that Mario Kart 64 is the best one though!

Pretty much.
I had a 16GB, but quickly ran out of room.
I was going to get a 32GB, but I figured I would just be back in the same situation soon.
So, I have a 64GB now <3

GameE

Don't listen to anything Nexis Games/Hullbreach says. That guy is Randy of PR for both of them. He is obsessed with RCMADIAX and constantly makes up lies about him.

Yea, Im sure Nexis and Hullbreach are losing their minds....
Didnt they start some Nintendo site also? And they made something up about Rcmadiax? Why dont they just make their games?

maxcriden

+ responding to terry here, too.

Don't get me wrong, I had a lot of fun with MK 64 as a kid. It was my first MK, actually. But in comparison to Diddy Kong Racing it really could not hold a candle for me in terms of tracks and content. Battle Mode is about even between the two IIRC. MK series needs a story mode a la DKR badly. We also need a new DKR. The rumored one sounds amazing to me but I'd be totally cool with them just doing something similar with the next MK. I did find MK8 fun. I liked Super Circuit the best otherwise, I think. Didn't play much of Wii and couldn't get into DS when I tried it not too long ago. I don't think I played 7, either

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
MK64 battle mode still holds up, but that's more telling that other entries have totally killed this mode than on how good MK64 battle mode still is.

In general though Kart as a series just isn't something that holds up as well when we have the two modern versions in MK7 and MK8. Thankfully we at least get to see some of the old tracks get the remaster treatment in later games for the retro cups.

ohlawd

Gonna be part of the last tier too

just gotta wait for that email....

Top Bottom