• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - March 2010. OB64. US. Now.

I just want to point out that I'm with them. The framerate in Max is not great. Its horrible! It's not that it prevents me from playing but this is as bad as some of the levels of Boom Blox imho. You definitily notice it. Especially if you played the PC-Demo before. And I'm no framerate complainer!
But the game is great anyway and I will continue playing it as soon as I get the time to do so.

But other than that:

Was anything mentioned yet about a release of Daily Picross for DSiWare? I'm so waiting for this. That would be so awesome. IIRC they talked about it when the DSi was launched.

Just wanted to point out that Nicalis has ramped up their updates for Cave Story, including a countdown timer, new music, and tons of art from their calling all artists submissions.

http://www.nicalis.com/blog/

Onto Bushlands (Formerly translated as "Onto Grasstown") music

ART! (click links for interviews)

Max Fiedler
cs_maxfiedler.png

Baz Pringle

2nathc1.png

Cole Harrington
cs_cole.png

cs_cole2.png

Corey Godbey
29n6wt2.jpg

2w7gwtf.jpg

Sam Miller
cs_sammil.png

And one last thing:
008cs_boss.png

I recommended it months ago, but I'd like to re-recommend Starship Defense. I thought I was done with it, but I went in to see if I could finish getting Perfect on stages and ended up rehooked. Now I've got all Perfects, but am working toward earning all the ribbons by getting Perfect without using the SOS cards.

Bo130

I haven't experienced any problems with the frame rate in Max and the Magic Marker either. From Europe here, could that mean anything? I did have the game freeze on me at one time, though. Awesome game, well worth the price.

A question for people that have completed it:

I got a code to enter at the website to recieve my prize (the soundtrack), but I can't find where to enter it. Could someone point me in the right direction? :)

Johnas

EmCeeGramr said:
And one last thing:
008cs_boss.png

Is this a new area? I don't recognize it. I wasn't aware this version had new content.

I wasn't initially impressed by the updated graphics, but that looks smooth.

Oli said:
The streamlined bits are definitely appealing, but the point is cost more than anything. I don't mind making an investment as long as I have confidense that I'll enjoy it. But I'm pretty skeptical as far as older RPG's go, since I'm a bit of a light heart with the genre anyway.

The DS version is definitely more strategic, given the enemy AI behavior, so you need to learn to exploit enemy weaknesses and use magic to full effect. Not to mention the Augment abilities left behind by departing party members, as well as New Game+, as well as being more faithful to the original by comparison to the US SNES version which omitted a lot of stuff.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
So today I finished Bit.Trip Void, meaning I am now up to scratch on the whole Bit.Trip series to date (until Runner releases in the UK). What I want to know is, will Gaijin Games release the soundtracks for Core and Void like they did with Beat, and when? (I purchased Beat's already, or the bits I wanted at least)

Bit.Trip Core was amazing. I've loved the entire series to date. Core has this incredible quality of putting you into a trance and not letting you out until the game is done. I got the same thing in Beat but sadly not in Void, so hopefully they recapture this with Runner.

Culex said:
One of the most rare 64 games and it's an utter travesty it's not on VC in the us yet

And it's probably not coming out anytime soon since it's not part of this Hanabi Festival (It has been rated by the OFLC and was never released in PAL regions originally, so it is coming but probably not before either a European release or an ESRB rating)

Somnid

What's up with Last Ninja 3? They really couldn't emulate something on the C64? Sounds rather fishy/lazy to me. It's also odd that nobody played past the first level in testing. They should really update their emulator anyway to include keyboard support.

Capndrake

Looks like this Friday's EU update will be:

VC:
-Castlevania: Rondo of Blood (TGCD, Konami, 900 points)

WiiWare:
-Military Madness: Nectaris (Hudson Soft, 1000 points)

DSiWare:
-4 Travellers: Play Spanish (AGENIUS Interactive, 800 points)
-Elemental Masters (Ibxgames, 800 points)
-Pop Island (Odenis Studio, 500 points)
-Simply Mahjong (Engine Software, 500 points)
-Simply Sudoku (Engine Software, 500 points)

JoshuaJSlone said:
I recommended it months ago, but I'd like to re-recommend Starship Defense. I thought I was done with it, but I went in to see if I could finish getting Perfect on stages and ended up rehooked. Now I've got all Perfects, but am working toward earning all the ribbons by getting Perfect without using the SOS cards.
So... this turned out to not take as long as I thought it would to finish up. For the record, getting all Perfects does earn you the highest rank, but getting all ribbon Perfects doesn't get you anything else. Well, other than a sense of accomplishment.

Amalthea

Banned
Capndrake said:
Looks like this Friday's EU update will be:

VC:
-Castlevania: Rondo of Blood (TGCD, Konami, 900 points)

WiiWare:
-Military Madness: Nectaris (Hudson Soft, 1000 points)

DSiWare:
-4 Travellers: Play Spanish (AGENIUS Interactive, 800 points)
-Elemental Masters (Ibxgames, 800 points)
-Pop Island (Odenis Studio, 500 points)
-Simply Mahjong (Engine Software, 500 points)
-Simply Sudoku (Engine Software, 500 points)

Is this the first release of the WiiWare version of Military Madness in any region?

And there's finally Rondo, I've been waiting for the game since the Virtual Console itself was announced and now I'm broke and fed up with Castlevania Rebirth! :(

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
I can't believe 3 and 1/2 years later I finally got Rondo of Blood for VC.
I'd love if someone made an official thread for the game, I've only scratched the surface of the game in the past and this probably in the top10 most importan releases to ever grace Nintendo's Virtual Console.
Who's up for it?

Capndrake

Guess NoE trolled us all, because though they practically said Rondo would be the first and only Hanabi game this week, they released Ironclad and Lode Runner instead.

Capndrake said:
Guess NoE trolled us all, because though they practically said Rondo would be the first and only Hanabi game this week, they released Ironclad and Lode Runner instead.

WHA? They better not make Ironclad game 350 for the US, I WANT RONDO!!!

Not sure if this is big news or not. I'm rather intrigued by it, anyways.

Gaijin Games has verified (via their twitter account) that they will be bringing a game to WiiWare that is not their own. I found this out from a Destructoid Article. That game is...

Different Cloth's Lilt Line!

IPhone version info (Not necessarily the WiiWare version's entire info):
lilt line is a retro rhythm racing beat 'em up action game with a dubstep flavour.

~ fourteen levels of pure hack'n'slash musical mayhem!
~ fluid, innovative sub~orbital control mechanism!
~ genuinely filthy dubstep provided by 16bit!

3439093921_867e39f6d2_m.jpg
3439093831_9aee73ce70_m.jpg

3439093741_47b9a251db_m.jpg
3463530907_bfaff01c73_m.jpg

Video of IPhone version: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dXbNoHNrrk

TheUnknownForce said:
Not sure if this is big news or not. I'm rather intrigued by it, anyways.

Gaijin Games has verified (via their twitter account) that they will be bringing a game to WiiWare that is not their own. I found this out from a Destructoid Article. That game is...

Different Cloth's Lilt Line!

IPhone version info (Not necessarily the WiiWare version's entire info):

3439093921_867e39f6d2_m.jpg
3439093831_9aee73ce70_m.jpg

3439093741_47b9a251db_m.jpg
3463530907_bfaff01c73_m.jpg

Video of IPhone version: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dXbNoHNrrk

oh sweet, i love that game. not sure i'd double-dip, but i'd think about it...

Somnid

Japanese Nintendo Downloads for Week of 3/14:

VC:
Karate Champ (ARC, Hamster, 800)

WiiWare:
Pocosuka Racing (Recom, 500)
Zombie Panic in Wonderland (Akaoni, 800)

DSiWare:
GG Series: Exciting River (Genterprise, 200)
Kaite Obueru: Shashin Tangochou (Nintendo, 200)
Kaite Obueru: Eitangochou (Nintnedo, 200)
Hachi One Diver DS: Story (Silver Star Japan, 500)
Gekitsui Ou (Genki Mobile, 500)
AA! Nikaku Tori (Acute Entertainment, 500)

Capndrake said:
The thing about Ironclad is according to the folks over at Nintendolife comments it runs at 50Hz only despite the Wii Shop warning you before purchase that it runs in 60Hz only*...also, it has Spanish text.

Its bad enough Neo-Geo games are 50Hz only but import ones that cost more also being 50Hz?

*-I wonder if that is a case for trading standards regarding false advertisement in there...

Dash Kappei

Starwolf_UK said:
The thing about Ironclad is according to the folks over at Nintendolife comments it runs at 50Hz only despite the Wii Shop warning you before purchase that it runs in 60Hz only*...also, it has Spanish text.

Spanish text I don't give a fuck.
Have the 50Hz been confirmed? Because reading the comments it's not clear, same for review of the game (not the VC JP one obviously) This would be like the 40th game on VC I don't buy because of that, I wonder how many people are like me and how many money is Nintendo/licensees loosing because of this stupid PAL emulators locked at 50hz.

AniHawk

That weirdass Nippon Ichi game, Full Blast Hitchhike... I wonder if it was canceled. Haven't heard anything about it in a year.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Had the opportunity to check out a few WiiWare games at a friends' place this weekend.

Max and the Magic Marker - Played first two levels. Beautiful, really cute art style, seems like it's got some good mechanics. Had a hard time sometimes figuring out the right drawings to do, but that's just natural learning curve. I can confirm that the IQ / Framerate issues mentioned earlier in the thread are there and they're really quite bad. The camera does a dynamic zoom sort of thing kinda like Smash Bros and during any camera movement it slugs to a crawl for a second or two.

Muscle March - I laughed, and then I laughed, and then I was bored.

The Magic Obelisk - Played the first two levels again. Really good looking, really slick presentation, seems like it has a decent amount of content, puzzles seem fun. Will buy this myself.

Eco Shooter Plant 503 - Very low grade light gun shooter. Played first two stages, it seemed to have four in total. Looked pretty ugly, nothing interesting in terms of level or enemy design. Don't really understand how Intelligent Systems produced this.

He also had Chronos Twins but I didn't get a chance to check that out.

Dash Kappei

Stumpokapow said:
Had the opportunity to check out a few WiiWare games at a friends' place this weekend.

Max and the Magic Marker - Played first two levels. Beautiful, really cute art style, seems like it's got some good mechanics. Had a hard time sometimes figuring out the right drawings to do, but that's just natural learning curve. I can confirm that the IQ / Framerate issues mentioned earlier in the thread are there and they're really quite bad. The camera does a dynamic zoom sort of thing kinda like Smash Bros and during any camera movement it slugs to a crawl for a second or two.

I don't get it.
I'm super picky on framerate but M&TMM was fine (locked 30) for the 2 hours I've watched my mate playing it.
PAL release.
And I'm usually the one who gets burned later when taking a chance on a game buying on (technical-wise) positive impression from GAF, so I would never want to do the same to another chap here. I'll have to find the time to play the game again and see into that. Although, again, I'm really picky on framerate and such, it's the main reason I don't enjoy most FPSes and racing games this gen.

Nessus

Dash Kappei said:
I don't get it.
I'm super picky on framerate but M&TMM was fine (locked 30) for the 2 hours I've watched my mate playing it.
PAL release.
And I'm usually the one who gets burned later when taking a chance on a game buying on (technical-wise) positive impression from GAF, so I would never want to do the same to another chap here. I'll have to find the time to play the game again and see into that. Although, again, I'm really picky on framerate and such, it's the main reason I don't enjoy most FPSes and racing games this gen.

It almost sounds like it might be having issues on some consoles but not on others.

I'll try to play the game from Wii. Did from SD card so far. But this should not make any difference because SD is cached on Wii itself anyway.

Dash Kappei

Caesar III said:
I'll try to play the game from Wii. Did from SD card so far. But this should not make any difference because SD is cached on Wii itself anyway.

Shouldn't make any difference whatsoever anyway.
I'll hold my final judgement until I get the chance to play the game and not watching it play by someone else. I'll also try to do some zoom in zoom out in the busiest moments.
Is it choppy framerate problems or the slowdowns you've noticed the most?

So I finally connected to wi-fi and found out my friend code for Dragon Quest Wars. It's
2966 0773 2110
if anyone wants to play. Was there a thread for this in the Online forum, btw? I tried to find one, but with search not working...

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
NINTENDO DOWNLOAD: WHEN THE GOING GETS TOUGH, THE TOUGH GET GAMING

March 15, 2010

How tough do you think you are? This week's roster of new downloadable games from Nintendo gives you several ways to prove it. Now available for the WiiWare™ service, Rage of the Gladiator puts players face-to-face with flurry of fearsome foes, enhancing the motion-control action with support for the Wii MotionPlus™ accessory. Meanwhile, Wii™ owners with a taste for classic gaming can test their mettle against bloodthirsty vampires in CASTLEVANIA RONDO OF BLOOD for the Virtual Console™ service. Other fresh releases challenge you to excel as a sharpshooter, a prehistoric beast or a criminal mastermind. Whichever setting you choose, just be prepared to step up and show your stuff.

WiiWare

Rage of the Gladiator
Publisher: Ghostfire Games
Players: 1
ESRB Rating: T (Teen) – Animated Blood, Alcohol Reference, Violence
Price: 1,000 Wii Points™
Description: Rage of the Gladiator is a fantasy-based fighting game in which you must fight for your life in the arena. One of the most gorgeous WiiWare games ever, it features amazing 3-D graphics, animation, lighting, shadows and special effects. Full voice acting means each boss has its own personality and taunts you mercilessly. Discover insane finishing moves: Summon a fiery meteor or savage tornado, or transform into a hulking colossus 10 times your normal size. Customize your character and specialize in skill trees – Offense, Defense or Magic – to gain new powers. You'll also enjoy epic, blood-pumping music by legendary composer Sean Beeson. For added replay value, unlock Challenge Mode and encounter tougher bosses with new abilities. The game also supports the Wii MotionPlus accessory.

Triple Shot Sports
Publisher: The Code Monkeys Ltd.
Players: 1-2
ESRB Rating: E (Everyone)
Price: 500 Wii Points
Description: Triple Shot Sports is one of the most advanced recreational shooting games available for the WiiWare service, immersing players in the world of competitive target shooting. Most competitive events consist of activities that are traditionally derived from hunting and combat skills. Over time, these practices have evolved into a variety of competitive sports that include Archery, Pistol Shooting and Free Rifle. As with real-life shooting events, you will have full control over the aim of the weapon. You must also account for prevailing weather conditions and the athlete's breathing pattern, as these factors can influence the accuracy of your shot.

Virtual Console

CASTLEVANIA RONDO OF BLOOD
Original platform: TurboGrafx16 CD-ROM
Publisher: Konami
ESRB Rating: T (Teen) – Animated Blood, Fantasy Violence
Price: 900 Wii Points
Description: This is the 10th action-packed installment in the ever-popular CASTLEVANIA series, which depicts the epic struggle between the Belmont clan and the dark forces of Count Dracula. An instant classic, this title is recognized far and wide for its beautifully rendered world, outstanding game balance and haunting CD-quality music. The player takes control of RICHTER, the clan's ultimate Vampire Killer, guiding him through a total of nine stages filled with treacherous traps and hidden secrets. Using your legendary whip – passed on from generations of Belmonts – and a powerful selection of Item Crash attacks, it's up to you to destroy Dracula and his evil horde. What's more, rescuing MARIA at some juncture in the game allows you to use her as a playable character for even more vampire-slaying fun.

Nintendo DSiWare™

Zoo Frenzy
Publisher: Gameloft
ESRB Rating: E (Everyone) –Mild Cartoon Violence
Price: 500 Nintendo DSi Points™
Description: Create the zoo of your dreams and try to maximize your profit by managing tons of parameters. Enjoy five fun mini-games to train and support your animals: Feed them, heal them and even play soccer- or hockey-themed games with them. Your best-trained pets will go back into the wild to fight dangerous monsters and find cute new animals for your zoo. Enjoy use of the Nintendo DSi™ system's built-in microphone and camera – wake up the hero by shouting at him, and see yourself in the game.

101 MiniGolf World
Publisher: Teyon
Players: 1-8
ESRB Rating: E (Everyone)
Price: 500 Nintendo DSi Points
Description: 101 MiniGolf World is one of the first-ever 3-D miniature golf games for the Nintendo DSiWare service. Your stylus becomes the putter for an incredibly fun mini-golf experience. Play more than 100 challenging holes solo or with up to eight players on one system. Send your ball flying through loops, pipes, arches, extreme ramps and mind-blowing obstacles. Enjoy a combination of real golf rules and wacky mini-golf fun.

Battle of Giants™: Dinosaurs – Fight For Survival
Publisher: Ubisoft
Players: 1-2
ESRB Rating: E10+ (Everyone 10 and Older) – Mild Fantasy Violence
Price: 800 Nintendo DSi Points
Description: Long before mankind stepped into the world, the Earth was a harsh environment dominated by dinosaurs. Every species of dinosaur had to fight to survive in this hostile environment. Travel through the hostile lands as one of three breeds of dinosaur while battling giant enemies to save your kind. Create and customize your own unique dinosaur. Explore four mysterious territories and discover buried fossils to complete your mission. Enhance your dinosaur's abilities and compete against your friends in epic duels.

Car Jack Streets
Publisher: Tag Games
ESRB Rating: T (Teen) – Mild Language, Violence
Price: 800 Nintendo DSi Points
Description: A critically acclaimed game with high-octane action, innovative real-time game play, stunning visuals and an awesome soundtrack, Car Jack Streets will take you to the limit. The Italian mob is calling in your gambling debt of $1 million. Attempt a wide variety of criminal and legitimate jobs to earn as much cash as possible, but remember to avoid attracting attention from the cops and other gang members. Do you have what it takes to stay alive, pay your debt and rise to the top of the criminal underworld?

Nintendo adds new titles to the Nintendo DSi Shop and the Wii Shop Channel at 9 a.m. Pacific time on Mondays. Users with broadband Internet access can redeem Wii Points or Nintendo DSi Points to download the games. Wii Points can be purchased in the Wii Shop Channel. Nintendo DSi Points can be purchased in the Nintendo DSi Shop. A Nintendo Points Card™ can be purchased at retail locations. All points from one Nintendo Points Card must be redeemed in either the Nintendo DSi Shop or the Wii Shop Channel. They are not transferable and cannot be divided between the two systems.

Remember that both Wii and Nintendo DSi feature parental controls that let adults manage the content their children can access. For more information about this and other features, visit Wii.com or NintendoDSi.com.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
i need Rage of the Gladiator asap in europe - punch-out gameplay and motion + support

Top Bottom