• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Dream August 06

FoxHimself said:
And what the hey did they do to Fox? :( :( :( :(

blog-images-20060623011941654.jpg
Jesus, the character becomes more ridiculous with each iteration. From Craig's blog:
blog-images-20060623011942216.jpg

Emotions

Captain N said:
If I'm not mistaken didn't another mag. say something about Square-Enix characters showing up in the game? Cid from VII with his run would be money.

Yes, they will be unlockable.

Deku said:
Slow news day? I didn't agree with Craig's analysis, eeer, opinion.
Even if you don't agree that the character's design has progressively become worse, I hope you agree that Command's Fox is the worst. Worse than SSM's even:
blog-images-20060623011942466.jpg

jesusraz

Still no confirmation about the developer of Tingle's RPG being Alpha Dream? Is this really just Nintendo in-house, or could Tose actually be working on it under its stealth cloak?

ethelred

Operations said:
Jesus, the character becomes more ridiculous with each iteration. From Craig's blog:
http://dsmedia.ign.com/ds/image/article/672/672422/blog-images-20060623011942216.jpg

I think the character looks pretty effin' absurdly ridiculous in every single one of those pictures and I'd be hard pressed to say which atrocity of design is "the worst."

jesusraz said:
Still no confirmation about the developer of Tingle's RPG being Alpha Dream? Is this really just Nintendo in-house, or could Tose actually be working on it under its stealth cloak?

I'm still going with Alphadream. It's gotta be.

jarrod

Banned
Tingle RPG reminds me of Mother 3 visually... I think it could be B2B on it.

Mario Hoops is confirmed to be offline it seems. Game looks great though.

Star Fox looks nicer than I'd remembered and Rune Factory looks fantastic... Natsume said at E3 they were looking into a US release so let's keep our fingers crossed.

Trion Cube, Brave Story and Project Hacker all look great too, hopefully all also get western releases.

jesusraz

jarrod said:
Tingle RPG reminds me of Mother 3 visually... I think it could be B2B on it.

You mean Brownie Brown? Well, they only recently finished work on Mother 3 and Magical Starsign, so surely such a small team wouldn't be working on Tingle AS WELL?

jarrod

Banned
jesusraz said:
You mean Brownie Brown? Well, they only recently finished work on Mother 3 and Magical Starsign, so surely such a small team wouldn't be working on Tingle AS WELL?
Alpha Dream just finished Mario & Luigi RPG2 and Hamtaro DS recently though (last winter)... and they're even smaller.

jesusraz

I'm talking timespans here. The Hamtaro puzzle spin-off and Mario & Luigi 2 were both completed by November last year, giving AlphaDream from then until now to work on getting Tingle RPG to the state shown in these scans. That's certainly possible...

Anyway, I'm talking like it IS definitely AD! :lol Seems the idea is stuck in my head for some reason :)

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Nintendo could just be developing it in-house as well. There have been no hints of the game being outsourced, and only Tose keeps this kind of secrecy. I very much doubt it's Tose (because I don't want it to be :p), I'm sure they are working on Princess Peach 2 or something for Nintendo. They could also be too busy to be doing something for Nintendo right now, afterall if they are working on DQM:J it can't be a small team doing it.

neo2046

Captain N said:
Cutie Puppy looks like a blast..my girlfriend was in heaven when she saw that scan.

Edit Neo or anyone else : Does anyone have any information on the game? I can't read Japanese, but it looks like you can design your own house. Any sign of a release date for that bad boy?
yes, you can design your own house
it is a simulation game, not the one as interactive as Nintendogs
the game has different events and mini-games
release at Summer, no firm date yet

Captain N said:
If I'm not mistaken didn't another mag. say something about Square-Enix characters showing up in the game? Cid from VII with his run would be money.

not game mag but at a retailer conference
and it is not officially anounced by SE yet

What the hell is going on in those Harvest Moon scans? A chibi cow turns into three different types of monsters?

And Battle Stadium DON looks fantastic. Probably plays like ass.

Cherubae

Jonnyboy117 said:
What the hell is going on in those Harvest Moon scans? A chibi cow turns into three different types of monsters?

Not quite. You can befriend the wild monsters by interacting with them using the Friendship Glove. The screen shot of the cow is from Harvest Moon DS, where you use the Touch Glove to pet your livestock and earn their friendship (hearts). It was a comparison between the two games.

Hopefully MMV allows Neverland Co. some time to bug-test this game. The latest HM games coming straight from MMV have been so full of bugs they're horrible to play. They had Japanese players of Songs of Happiness send in their GC memory cards to fix a game-breaking bug with that release, and the DS game is full of problems. Both games had corrected versions released but the originals were never recalled.

RF has a wifi system as well where you can exchange tools and screen shots of your farm between your friends.

Captain N

neo2046 said:
yes, you can design your own house
it is a simulation game, not the one as interactive as Nintendogs
the game has different events and mini-games
release at Summer, no firm date yet

not game mag but at a retailer conference
and it is not officially anounced by SE yet

Thanks for the info..I hope it comes out in America sometime soon. Any choice in picking a guy or girl? It seems like it might only be girls.

Top Bottom