• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo @ E3 - No Direct, Just Zelda Treehouse Stream

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiggy

What if there'll be an exclusive downloadable demo for My Nintendo users? One that requires 5000 Miitomo (and only Miitomo) coins. That would be cruel but probably the only way to boost Miitomo user numbers.

(mat)

The game was rushed as hell. The cutscenes were recorded during the beta stages and thus show beta elements and quite different worlds.

In the opening sequence, they show an advert for the island with the different locales. In one of the scenes, Mario appears even though he probably shouldn't as he's still on the plane.
tumblr_o8aw3mftf11rrftcdo2_500.jpg

tumblr_o8aw3mftf11rrftcdo1_250.png

tumblr_o56l5mSsuG1rrftcdo1_400.gif

I didn't know this either. I appreciate the tidbit!

Still enjoy the game, but I love stuff like that. Fascinating.

TaterTots

Banned
I don't own a Nintendo product, but I'm going to tune in to see what the new Zelda looks like. Maybe it can convince me to purchase a Wii U. I've bee wanting to play some Smash and Mario Kart lately.

Forkball

The game was rushed as hell. The cutscenes were recorded during the beta stages and thus show beta elements and quite different worlds.

In the opening sequence, they show an advert for the island with the different locales. In one of the scenes, Mario appears even though he probably shouldn't as he's still on the plane.

How did this not spawn a "there are two Marios" fan theory?

ViciousDS

Banned
Man......sunshine was such a fun game gameplay wise. I could careless about the story.....it's a damn Mario game lol. But the inclusion of the water pack was fucking awesome.

Griss

I don't own a Nintendo product, but I'm going to tune in to see what the new Zelda looks like. Maybe it can convince me to purchase a Wii U. I've bee wanting to play some Smash and Mario Kart lately.

They're going to be trying to convince you to buy an NX with this game, they just won't mention the console yet.

But make no mistake, all the effort put into hyping this game is 100% designed to sell NX's when the time comes, not sell Wii U's tomorrow.

Josh5890

What if there'll be an exclusive downloadable demo for My Nintendo users? One that requires 5000 Miitomo (and only Miitomo) coins. That would be cruel but probably the only way to boost Miitomo user numbers.

I don't own a smartphone so that would be a big problem for me

maxcriden

I'm sure Nintendo think nothing can GORON turning up with 1 game.

If you think they need more you are Zorang (sorry)

With just Zelda they will HYRULE E3. If you don't believe me you can GERUDO here.

Even my wife agrees and SHEIKAH tell the future.

Just watch out for Jabu Jabu aka Reggie.

tumblr_nc273f3XhC1qfwgvxo1_r2_400.gif

10/10 incredible 😂

Qasiel

I'm sure Nintendo think nothing can GORON turning up with 1 game.

If you think they need more you are Zorang (sorry)

With just Zelda they will HYRULE E3. If you don't believe me you can GERUDO here.

Even my wife agrees and SHEIKAH tell the future.

Just watch out for Jabu Jabu aka Reggie.

tumblr_nc273f3XhC1qfwgvxo1_r2_400.gif

I Like-Like this so much, I'm gonna have Tunic it, mate.

ViciousDS

Banned
They're going to be trying to convince you to buy an NX with this game, they just won't mention the console yet.

But make no mistake, all the effort put into hyping this game is 100% designed to sell NX's when the time comes, not sell Wii U's tomorrow.

Fine by me.......gave my WiiU away yesterday lol. My co-worker was excited though. We're talking a out a family that just got their first HDTV last year. Still have mostly tubes in the house. They own every Nintendo console but don't ever feel obligated to upgrade. They didn't even know the WiiU was a new console till I told them. They thought it was a tablet add-on for their current Wii lol. But they will definitely get to put it through its paces more than the tears I cried finding out how bad xenoblade X was. But, splatoon was God tier and the times I had with splatoon gaf were amazing.

ViciousDS

Banned
How much less?

Princess or some.person is kidnapped.....mario go save the day.......yes, that's really all they need. Everything else, the comedy and dialogue is just icing in and on the cake. Mario has been about gameplay since the 64.

This is honestly not meant to sound venomous, but aren't even the most basic tier of cellphones smart these days?

Many folks still use flip phones in the usa......not all phones are smart phones. A lot of folks still like a phone they flip open and call a number. My mother's first smart phone was 4 months ago.

BKSmash

Sunshine is a great game. End of discussion lol

Now let us all hold hands and wish for that Playtonic shows up at the Treehouse stream today or tmrw and shows of Yooka Laylee, and announces their upcoming amiibo for the game.

noseriouslyguys

Neo Member
Missed this comment, but I just want to say that I've always loved Zelda, been a fan since the very first one, and I don't particularly like puzzles. In fact I dislike them.

Zelda is all about the exploration for me, always has been, along with the whimsical sense of place and fun fantasy narrative. But the fact that I don't like puzzles is really quite irrelevant as puzzles in Zelda are so facile as to barely deserve the name, and as such don't hold me up, require me to actually think, or delay my progress in any way. So they're not an issue.

I do get antsy when I've been in a dungeon for a long time, though. It's not what I play Zelda for.

EDIT: In fact, the puzzles in Zelda are so damn easy that I'd rebound the question and ask how anyone who plays the game specifically for that element could enjoy it.

Just wanted to say that this is an excellent post that encapsulates my feelings on the series perfectly. I couldn't agree with any part of it more. The "puzzles" are just elaborate lock/key mechanisms.

I will say that when the "puzzles" actually involve exploration, I'm into them. For example, using fire arrows to burn the curtains in that one Wind Waker dungeon, letting a sunbeam in that illuminates something to opens the door: that was a good, classic Zelda moment, even as it was a typical lock/key mechanism. I wish there was more of that in the modern games.

On the subject of this new game, all I have to say is: let me sequence break or gtfo.

Josh5890

This is honestly not meant to sound venomous, but aren't even the most basic tier of cellphones smart these days?

No offense taken. I've used a www.tracfone.com my whole life. I've never had a cell phone contract and I much prefer to keep it that way. I hardly use my cell phone as it is. I know tracfone makes smartphones now but I'm not in any hurry to change. At the moment I buy a bulk amount of minutes which equals to roughly $25/month

emb

Many folks still use flip phones in the usa......not all phones are smart phones. A lot of folks still like a phone they flip open and call a number. My mother's first smart phone was 4 months ago.
I really wish I could get a flip phone with smart phone level internals and OS these days (in the US). Such a nice form factor. Every phone manufacturer seems bent on making exactly the same product as competitors though. And I guess that makes sense, because it's what works.
No offense taken. I've used a www.tracfone.com my whole life. I've never had a cell phone contract and I much prefer to keep it that way. I hardly use my cell phone as it is. I know tracfone makes smartphones now but I'm not in any hurry to change. At the moment I buy a bulk amount of minutes which equals to roughly $25/month
I did the same thing for a long time. They get the job done!

For me, Zelda is all about dungeons.

I don't like spending too much time going between dungeons. Some amount of time is appropriate, but for the most part, the meat and potatoes of the game is the dungeoning.

Which is fine, people can like whatever they like, but it's just another log to toss onto the "Too many people like different fundamental aspects of Zelda" fire I've been burning for a while.

21XX

Banned

Cool. Fair enough. That $25/month certainly is appealing!

Easy_D

never left the stone age

Such a shame too, it's a great game but with more polish it would've been amazing, would have been nice if they could have made it 60 FPS like they originally intended too.

kirby_fox

Banned

It will still not convince me to open the app...and it sits on my phone downloaded still.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom