• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo E3 plans detailed

Why are people reading into the "2017 games part? We've been through this time after time. Focusing on 2017 doesn't mean they won't announce 2018 games or show 2018 games. Every E3 Nintendo shows a game coming in the following year.

Based on the wording it looks like the Nintendo Direct will only be focused on Switch. If so then GOOD. 3DS will get plenty of coverage via the Treehouse streams.

Yup! Probably just like how last year's was just Zelda but more announcements came during Treehouse. Also, I'm very happy to see Treehouse back again this year. I love it. Hopefully we get a good bunch of new game announcements.

Yukinari

If they dont have animal crossing, pikmin 4 or mother 3 during the direct im already disappointed.

Oh and the treehouse will spend its time on 3DS games nobody wants.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
I spent about 30secs there wondering why they had a grumpy frown monster face on their E3 poster before realising it was Mario's cap from Mario Odyssey.

Specifically only mentioning 2017 games...
That doesn't sound promising. 2017 games only?
No.
Nintendo’s E3 activities kick off on Tuesday 13th June at 17:00 BST with its Nintendo Spotlight: E3 2017 video presentation. Available to view in local languages live at Nintendo of Europe’s E3 2017 website, this presentation will offer more details about Super Mario Odyssey and other Nintendo Switch games, with a focus on games launching this year.
The last Direct had a focus on Splatoon 2 and Arms, but it never stopped them from talking about other stuff.

Do we think there is a chance the "Spotlight" is the replacement for Nintendo Directs? Hopefully it is at least 45 minutes long and discusses more than the games we already know about.

So the E3 Direct will only feature Switch games? That's what it implies to me at least. Also the 2017 thing is curious, wonder if that means no titles whatsoever for 2018 will be discussed? Seems unlikely in my opinion, unless they are planning to host a series of directs in the second half of the year to detail 2018.

With big companies like EA just now pledging their support, they may need a few more months before they have anything solid to show, even if it's just pooping out ports for 2018.

13ruce

Banned
Hopefully Animal Crossing Switch Announcement for 2018 at E3... It 4 years alrrady next year makes 5.

HD AC is something i must have:p

Neoxon

Mario, Pokémon "star" and Rabbids Mario RPG. Its all they need. Systems will be sold.
I wasn't expecting much from CoroCoro, as Gamefreak have been trying to one up the leaks anyway, so we should have heard news before then really.
I think if Stars is for Switch though, it is a big enough bomb for E3.
I mean, while TPC has historically revealed games on their own terms, others noted that TPC has embraced E3 little by likely over the years. Stars at E3 isn't likely (given how TPC has operated in the past), but I suppose it's possible.

...why would CoroCoro be the outlet TPC would reveal Stars on when they can just reveal it themselves either at E3 or in their own direct.
TPC usually tries to beat CoroCoro to the punch on news.

So they're calling it Nintendo Spotlight now instead of Digital Event and it will be Switch games focused on 2017. That means they'll reveal games for 2018 also!

The "2017 only" can be ok, great or disappointing. Disappointing if they don't make new big announcements. Great if they say "Hey, smash bros, pokemon and Animal crossing are all coming in 2017!". And OK if the new Mario is as impactful as BotW last year.

mclem

Seems like it will be highly focused on Super Mario Odyssey, hope it doesn't mean there will be only a few games besides this one

I'd assume they're highlighting it by name just because it's the highest-profile known first-party game; in other words, I think the word choice is for promotional purposes rather than necessarily an explicit indication of a specific heavy focus on a single title. Compare and contrast with how the Zelda-focussed video last year was promoted.

)

Beyond 2017+ upcoming games, actually I'd even expect a recap of games that are already out from them during the first Switch segment, to hammer down their launch lineup...

Edith: The tweet doesn't contain the "focus" part.

Join us during #E32017 as we bring you the latest on this year's #NintendoSwitch and #3DS games, including #SuperMarioOdyssey!

Kinda dissapointing it is 2017 games only. Hopefully there will be some surprises.
It's not only going to be 2017 games. It says "focus" man. We've been through this over and over already. They can announce 2018 games, but they have a lot to show for this year. It makes complete sense.

zeromcd73

No 3DS games in the main presentation sounds good.

Also it only says Nintendo will focus on titles releasing in 2017, not exclusively. They will totally drop some stuff about a title or two next year. I still remember that 3DS direct last year where they squeezed in 1~2 Wii U titles, anything can happen!

FelipeMGM

Reggie statement about their E3 plans

“Our various E3 activities will showcase the next steps for Nintendo Switch, from a summer of social competitive gaming to a holiday season highlighted by a milestone Mario adventure,” said Reggie Fils-Aime, President and COO, Nintendo of America. “With Nintendo Treehouse: Live at E3, fans at home can watch in-depth gameplay of Nintendo Switch and Nintendo 3DS games launching this year.”

Gurish

I can feel the upcoming disappointment from here, Mario is gonna rock but I don't feel they are ready to drop big surprises this year, they are gonna focus on the upcoming year line up mostly.

Top Bottom