• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo E3 plans detailed

Tregard

Soothsayer
I2fRYcW.jpg

You know you want to do this Nintendo...

Imagine the roster additions!

God I really hope Pokemon Stars is real. Stars and Odyssey would be a perfect one two punch for the Holiday season.

FE Warriors and Xenoblade 2 are neat but they aren't system sellers

Admodieus

God I really hope Pokemon Stars is real. Stars and Odyssey would be a perfect one two punch for the Holiday season.

FE Warriors and Xenoblade 2 are neat but they aren't system sellers

Stars, Odyssey, Smash Deluxe, Mario Kart Deluxe, Zelda all in the first 9 months would create an insane library to convince people to jump in around the holidays

Sandfox

I think it's a bit too soon for another Animal Crossing game. New Leaf just received a pretty hefty update to satisfy players of that for a few more years. Plus with the mobile game coming down the pipes I don't see another Animal Crossing until Holiday 2019 at the earliest.
New Leaf released in 2012 so I think 2019 is kinda long.

Gimme Ice Climbers, King K Rool, and Goku.

Not in your lifetime, pal.

http://sourcegaming.info/2015/03/22/mewtwo-dlc-takamaru-and-sakurais-nico-nico-appearance/

Sakurai: But, you know I get requests like, “Please put Goku in”
Sugita: GOKU!?
Sakurai: “Please put Spongebob”
Sugita: SPONGEBOB?!
Sakurai: That’s impossible.
Sugita: Spongebob’s games are only sold abroad!
Sakurai: That’s right
Sugita: The really energetic, yellow square right?
Sakurai: Yes.
Sugita: Even Spongebob…
Sakurai: Well, those kinds of requests are pretty common.
Sugita: What about Yukawasen*, or Segata Sanshiro?
Sakurai: (laughs)
Sugita: …well I’m glad Sonic’s in.
Sakurai: That’s the point of Mii Fighters

Dystify

Don't forget Amiibo Festival came out in 2015

I think it's a bit too soon for another Animal Crossing game. New Leaf just received a pretty hefty update to satisfy players of that for a few more years. Plus with the mobile game coming down the pipes I don't see another Animal Crossing until Holiday 2019 at the earliest.

It would make a lot of sense to do cross promotions with their mobile title though. There are also some HD assets from Amiibo Festival already. I don't think they're gonna let us wait until 2019.

SirShandy

Don't forget Amiibo Festival came out in 2015

Amiibo Festival was made by NDCube (mario party team), and probably has little bearing on main franchise title development.

I personally see a new mainline Animal Crossing title coming on the Switch in Spring-Summer 2018, and tying in with the smart phone title in some way.

Xbro

I've always figured the Mario and Rabbids thing was correct because it was so outlandish that no one would risk credibility on it unless they were certain. That and Ubisoft leaks like crazy.

The problem is that she was swearing up and down that she knew the entire January presentation and told us several things that would be on it. Like Mother 3, which was when I started to doubt it because why would they show Mother 3 in a japanese presentation. (Unless, of course, I'm misremembering things, and if I am I apologize for anything I'm mistaken on)

She also threw in some faulty release dates as seen above. Zelda changing from summer to launch wasn't something that just changed plans. From what we heard from Aonuma, they told him to have it ready at launch at the same time they told him to port it to switch.

So yes, she can be right on occasion, but I'm taking everything she says with a huge grain of salt. And I personally think she's lost the right to have GAF threads made.

http://letsplayvideogames.com/2017/01/a-deep-dive-on-lpvgs-nintendo-switch-reports-and-info/

These are the LKD rumours that came from Nintendo and/or Ubisoft (the two sources that told her about Mario + Rabbids)
  • Beyond Good and Evil 2
  • Smash amiibos coming in first 6 months
  • Smash Bros 4. port
  • Splatoon bundle near launch, but not day 1 - this actually ended up being true, well after the fact
  • Xenoblade X port
  • Pokemon Stars
  • Pikmin 4
  • Mario Maker

Man, I can't believe we're discussing LKD rumours again after months of people thinking she was discredited. Time is a flat circle.

Lmao crazy how we've come full circle with her.

Anyways most of us believed in Pikmin 4, Smash port and Pokemon Stars. Eurogamer and MCV talked about Pokemon. Miyamoto talked about Pikmin for years. Smash was also talked about from Serkan Toto.

Funny, early I told that guy Mario + Rabbids was 100% going to be announced at E3 and well I guess the surprise came early lol

vareon

http://letsplayvideogames.com/2017/01/a-deep-dive-on-lpvgs-nintendo-switch-reports-and-info/

These are the LKD rumours that came from Nintendo and/or Ubisoft (the two sources that told her about Mario + Rabbids)
  • Beyond Good and Evil 2
  • Smash Bros 4. port
  • Splatoon bundle near launch, but not day 1 - this actually ended up being true, well after the fact
  • Xenoblade X port
  • Pokemon Stars
  • Pikmin 4
  • Mario Maker

Man, I can't believe we're discussing LKD rumours again after months of people thinking she was discredited. Time is a flat circle.

That's the nature of leaks and rumors we're dealing with. The source might have heard, say, a meeting in which one team tried to port Xenoblade X, which then leaked as "there will be a Xenoblade X port for Switch". But things change. Nintendo might've only tried porting Xenoblade X for technical purposes (Wind Waker HD started this way). Or they decided this should be a next year project. Or they decided to drop the project. They can, because they haven't announced it yet. All we get here is dissapointment and anger because it feels we were robbed of something promised.

tl;dr: leaks aren't confirmation even if they are true.

atr0cious

LKD is the reason "Splatoon 2 is a port" meme exists, which is impossible since the Wii U and Switch share no inherent features so the game had to be redesigned from the ground up. She also torched a source when they were wrong, so she's bad people.

Can we please not discuss her, there are plenty better sources?

LKD is the reason "Splatoon 2 is a port" meme exists, which is impossible since the Wii U and Switch share no inherent features so the game had to be redesigned from the ground up. She also torched a source when they were wrong, so she's bad people.

LKD was not the first to report Splatoon 2 as being a port. Splatoon 2 being a sequel is something that threw off all of the Switch leakers, even the reliable Emily Rogers, who only became aware it was a sequel right before the January event.

Honestly the real reason it's a meme is because of console warriors who didn't actually play or pay any attention to Splatoon 1 and will latch onto anything. They'd be calling it a port even if people didn't initially claim it to be such.

The fact is she was the one who really put Mario + Rabbids out there, and as we've learned today that's legit. While there are some things she reported that did not turn out 100% that way, in retrospect it's possible to look back and see how they panned out differently. (e.g. the SSB amiibos did come out in the first 6 months, but without the game). Like it or not, while she was led on by a number of bad sources, she did have legit info from the same sources that told her about Mario + Rabbids. THAT'S what we're talking about. We're not entertaining things like the Guardians of the Galaxy port that turned out to be BS, we all acknowledge that she guffed up the Switch's price and release date, and no one is taking the Dark Souls port at face value.

Honestly though, as this post points out...

Lmao crazy how we've come full circle with her.

Anyways most of us believed in Pikmin 4, Smash port and Pokemon Stars. Eurogamer and MCV talked about Pokemon. Miyamoto talked about Pikmin for years. Smash was also talked about from Serkan Toto.

Funny, early I told that guy Mario + Rabbids was 100% going to be announced at E3 and well I guess the surprise came early lol

...beyond Mario + Rabbids most of what she reported are things that aren't too outlandish or were backed up by several other people. We're just feeling reassured that those games probably still have a good chance at being real.

That's the nature of leaks and rumors we're dealing with. The source might have heard, say, a meeting in which one team tried to port Xenoblade X, which then leaked as "there will be a Xenoblade X port for Switch". But things change. Nintendo might've only tried porting Xenoblade X for technical purposes (Wind Waker HD started this way). Or they decided this should be a next year project. Or they decided to drop the project. They can, because they haven't announced it yet. All we get here is dissapointment and anger because it feels we were robbed of something promised.

tl;dr: leaks aren't confirmation even if they are true.

Oh no doubt about that. I think Xenoblade X is the most surprising thing on that list and I doubt Mario Maker would be coming this year. I mentioned the nature of changing plans and conflicting info a few pages back I think.

It's highly likely that they ported the Splatoon engine directly to the Switch start working on Splatoon 2, given how it looks and the timeline between the two games. It's also a possible reason why it's 720p docked still.

Scoops

Banned
June - Arms
July - Splatoon 2
August - Mario & Rabbids Adventure
September - Super Smash Bros. Deluxe
October - Pikmin 4
November - Super Mario Odyssey
December - Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Throw in a casual game like Mario Sports or w/e. Maybe Fire Emblem Warriors?

Line up would be nuts.

kevin1025

Banned
June - Arms
July - Splatoon 2
October - Pikmin 4

Line up would be nuts.

That would be insanity. I want it!

Hydrus

June - Arms
July - Splatoon 2
October - Pikmin 4

Line up would be nuts.

Pkm Stars is gonna end up being an October release, watch. FE warriors probably November. That's a great line up. Also Zelda story DLC probably around December.

June - Arms
July - Splatoon 2
October - Pikmin 4

Line up would be nuts.

In Theory it seems great, but will they still have games for late winter and spring? I really don't want a long drought of nothing game wise.

Not

Banned
Oh god guys

Do we know what Sakurai's working on?

It's probably Inklings and Arms characters and BotW skins for Smash Bros 4 Switch right?

He said that was it for the game. Did The Sak lie? There's no way they started from scratch right?

If we went by "the data" that the fans were throwing around during the ballot period, Bayonetta would never have gotten in, since she barely appeared on them.

The truth is, we have no idea where any character placed.

Bayonetta was the top pick in Europe. US wanted silly, very unlikely characters. Don't remember Japan, but I think that Bayonetta was one of the tops there too. And then some anime characters maybe?

They said these somewhere, maybe in some interview.

June - Arms
July - Splatoon 2
October - Pikmin 4

Line up would be nuts.

You forgot Pokémon.

kevin1025

Banned
Would they announce a Pokemon during the E3 showcase?

I guess since it's potentially a director's cut it's not a massive bombshell, but the turnaround for a fall Pokemon game sounds wild. I hope it's the case, though!

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
June - Arms
July - Splatoon 2
October - Pikmin 4

Line up would be nuts.

Hyrule Warriors was announced as a summer title that came out in August in Japan and September elsewhere, so I'd guess that Fire Emblem Warriors is likely a lock for October or late September as an announced "fall" title.

I think most of what you predicted for summer and late fall sounds right. The big question will be what Nintendo has for August/September/October. Will it just be Fire Emblem Warriors and Kingdom Battle? Having one more title would allow them to release one game per month, and rumors would suggest that's going to be Pokémon. But perhaps Nintendo will skip one of those months like they did with May and focus on promoting 3rd party stuff and their own DLC. I could see August being an "empty" month filled with Virtual Console releases and DLC for ARMS, Splatoon, and Zelda.

If we get another title this fall, I expect it to be Pokémon. I think Smash and Pikmin will be 2018 releases. But if Nintendo releases one of those (or a Retro or NLG title) this year alongside Pokémon...it's going to be an insane holiday.

June - Arms
July - Splatoon 2
October - Pikmin 4

Line up would be nuts.
I've been saying since the start that the Switch's year one first party line up was going to be insane. Change Pikmin (since I don't see that coming out this year) with FE Warriors and Smash can be interchanged with Pokemon and you probably have your list.

Pikmin doesn't have to come this year. It can easily be saved for next year. Miyamoto said it was put on the back burner for other titles. Retros game could be ready this year for all we know. They have Skyrim they'll want to promote.

Looks like MRBK is coming in August and maybe Skyrim will come August/Early September. Fire Emblem Warriors would squeeze in there too. Smash and online could come in later September with Pokémon in October.

I want to hear XC2 is 2017 so bad at E3. I believe in it.

NateDrake

• Beyond Good and Evil 2
  • Smash Bros 4. port
  • Xenoblade X port
  • Pokemon Stars
  • Pikmin 4
  • Mario Maker

Not saying it won't happen, but I really wouldn't set expectations of BGE2 being an exclusive for Switch (or any platform).

cacildo

How many minutes of the spotlight video will nintendo spend talking about arms?

"Next is..."
(Everybody expects something exciting)
"...ARMS. Again."

NateDrake

How many minutes of the spotlight video will nintendo spend talking about arms?

"Next is..."
(Everybody expects something exciting)
"...ARMS. Again."

Probably not many. Reviews will likely be out by the time Nintendo's E3 Presentation airs. No reason to waste time on the game that has review coverage out there.

Top Bottom