• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo (EAD Tokyo/Kyoto, Monolith, ND Cube) hiring for online related positions

Sandfox

I wonder how many of those adverts are to replace staff.

Mass exodous of Nintendo perhaps?

I sure as hell wouldn't want to affiliate myself with its OS. It'd be like a death mark on my resume.

Either way confirmation that Nintendo spent the last few years doing sweet f all preperation for the Wii U.

I doubt too many would leave Nintendo for that small of a reason.

Oersted

Its probably just two Kirby games amd they may be helping out with the new Smash Bros. It would be pretty cool if one of the new Kirby games end up being a crossover.

grandpa_simpson_yelling_at_cloud.jpg

Instro

Monolith has been hiring for that position for ages, I wonder are looking for more than one person or something.

All the positions listed are stuff they are constantly hiring for though, they pretty much need people for everything.

ikioi

Banned
Lol he is acting like no other company had any issues every with new products, MS had the red ring of death

RROD however wasn't apparent from the second you booted up the console. I don't excuse it, i was burned 3x with faulty Xbox 360's.

Nintendo's inability to programme a reliable OS after spending years developing the Wii U is more laughable imho.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Its probably just two Kirby games amd they may be helping out with the new Smash Bros. It would be pretty cool if one of the new Kirby games end up being a crossover.

Anybody know if they helped out with Brawl in any way?

I sure as hell wouldn't want to affiliate myself with its OS. It'd be like a death mark on my resume.

Either way confirmation that Nintendo spent the last few years doing sweet f all preperation for the Wii U.

NCL's treatment of staff including benefits/bonuses are rather quite extraordinary. These people worked like hell to get in there, why the hell would they want to leave for that insignificant reason?

Anybody know if they helped out with Brawl in any way?

HAL Laboratory was the primary developer for the original SSB and Melee.
For Brawl, the company didn't work with Sora Ltd as an official collaboration partner. Instead, Game Arts & Monolith Software & imagepoch, etc. helped out Sora with the project.

However, a couple of producers from HAL Laboratory acted as general supervisors for the project.

-----It is important to say that there was an abundance of Brawl assets that were re-used from Melee, and there may have been some staff from HAL Laboratory that migrated over to work on the project that I'm not aware of at the moment.

serplux

Monolith has been hiring for that position for ages, I wonder are looking for more than one person or something.

All the positions listed are stuff they are constantly hiring for though, they pretty much need people for everything.

And that's quite good. I'm really looked forward to their Wii U and 3DS projects. It would amazing to see the 3DS get an open-world RPG.

Goodlife

RROD however wasn't apparent from the second you booted up the console. I don't excuse it, i was burned 3x with faulty Xbox 360's.

Nintendo's inability to programme a reliable OS after spending years developing the Wii U is more laughable imho.
Yes, having to wait for a few extra seconds for a screen to load up is far far worse than you're console overheating and bricking.
And the worse part of all its that Nintendo have failed to acknowledge the problem and haven't promised a couple of fixes in the next month or two

tnaden

wat.
WHAT.

probably working in co-operation on Smash

Well, they could also do a lot of prototyping for games or development tools for other studios, like IntSys does. (Just checked, yep, they helped develop NintendoWare for the Wii) These guys also took ten years to get console Kirby up and working after a few prototypes, no?

Please be working on Pokemon Snap 2

EDIT: Someone cleaned up that messy first post, whoo!

Oersted

I absolutely adore Kirby, but I'd like them to work on an eShop game at least. Or God forbid, they return to the Mother series.

Kirby is one of the most brilliant IPs ever, because of Kirby being so versatile in terms of strengths and stature. The possibilities what they can do with him are practically endless.

Well, they could also do a lot of prototyping for games or development tools for other studios, like IntSys does. (Just checked, yep, they helped develop NintendoWare for the Wii) These guys also took ten years to get console Kirby up and working after a few prototypes, no?

Pokemon Snap 2 was pretty much denied.

I have seen such posts edited afterwards, but a whole post eaten up? Never seen that.

@MUWANdo

Banned

I think HAL worked on the Wii U internet browser, too, off the top of my head.

As for those Kirby games, at least one of them had advanced far beyond the prototype stage, but they've never really explained why they were never able to complete any of them.

Pokemon Snap 2 was pretty much denied.

I know and it breaks my little heart. Wii U would be perfect. Anyway, I hope HAL does more work than just Kirby and a few small side-projects this gen.
new Mother project rumors not being believed, of course

serplux

I know and it breaks my little heart. Wii U would be perfect. Anyway, I hope HAL does more work than just Kirby and a few small side-projects this gen.
new Mother project rumors not being believed, of course

Maybe they could adopt the Game Freak model of making eShop games?

I'd personally would love them to try a new RPG/platformer, or return to the Lolo series.

iMerc

i don't even know where to start with this, dude.

As an employer, nintendo's employee satisfaction rate is second to none. it's why they have the HIGHEST retention rate of ANY gaming company ever.

That's not to say people don't leave, it's just that it's very rare compared to other companies.

The last person of repute to leave Nintendo was sakurai and that was years ago... and even then, what console manufacturer is he primarily making games for today?

As far as having "worked at nintendo" as some sort of 'death mark' on your resume... lmao.

don't confuse their ridiculous business decisions as any way related to employee satisfaction to any significant degree.

I thought all this was widely known?

neoanarch

So the Tokyo office is finally ready for expansion? Hope the staff expansion pays off with quicker releases as soon as this fall.

Top Bottom