• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Gameboy Advance DS??

aparisi2274

So here is the story behind the topic. I have a lot of friends that I know at EB by my house, and I was in there the other day, and the NOA rep was there, and he gave them this flyer that had to do with something called "The Nintendo Link". It is according to the site, "The Ultimate on-line source for Nintendo Product Training and Information." So anyway, each day and week they have new training modules and new Daily questions. For every module you complete and every daily question u get right, u get entered into a drawing for cool Nintendo shit. Anyway, back to the topic at hand, today's question was about the DS. However they didnt call it the Nintendo DS. It was clearly labeled, Nintendo Gameboy Advance DS. Here is the question as it was posed:

The innovative Game Boy Advance DS will feature all of the following amazing new features except?

A. Dual screens and Built-in Wireless
B. Touch Screen
C. Voice Recognition
D. Boring, uninspired game play

I know the question is lame, but I only care about how they listed the DS. Could it be this is the final name for the DS? Has anyone else who works for EB or any other videogame store, seen this question? I wonder what Nintendo will do. I wonder if this was a goof. Or just a way for them to get across to videogame employees that this is a new product.

I am curious as to what everyone thinks.

BeOnEdge

Banned
i've always maintained that once sony started showing the psp nintendo dropped the idea of the DS being a true successor and went back to the drawing board.

The question is real. I took the quizes myself tonight as well. I will have to get in touch with the guy who writes the questions for those Nintendo quizes and see what he says.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
aparisi2274 said:
So here is the story behind the topic. I have a lot of friends that I know at EB by my house, and I was in there the other day, and the NOA rep was there, and he gave them this flyer that had to do with something called "The Nintendo Link". It is according to the site, "The Ultimate on-line source for Nintendo Product Training and Information."

I notice a disturbing lack of URLs in this thread.

mj1108

He's right. Here it is:

ds11.jpg

http://www.cyberscholar.com/nintendo/Question_day.cfm?questionid=925

cvxfreak

I was just kidding. :p

This whole pillar things bugs me to be honest. The third pillar plays the second or first pillar's games right off the bat. Oh boy.

Mashing

BeOnEdge said:
i've always maintained that once sony started showing the psp nintendo dropped the idea of the DS being a true successor and went back to the drawing board.

Possibly, but I also remember reading that the DS had been in R&D for quite a long time... long before Sony had PSP aspirations. I've also heard that Nintendo have prototypes of many different variations of Gameboy in R&D too

human5892

Queen of Denmark
aparisi2274 said:
The innovative Game Boy Advance DS will feature all of the following amazing new features except?

A. Dual screens and Built-in Wireless
B. Touch Screen
C. Voice Recognition
D. Boring, uninspired game play

"Nintendo GameCube is all of the following incredible, awesome, amazing things except?
A.) Incredible
B.) Awesome
C.) Amazing
D.) Dishwasher"

Top Bottom