• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Hints at initial Game releases for Wii U

Neiteio

Yes.

EAD Tokyo 1 - Takao Shimizu - Mario Galaxy (2007) - Zelda OOT 3D collab w/ Grezzo (2011)

EAD Tokyo 2 - Yoshiaki Koizumi - Mario Galaxy 2 (2010) - Mario 3D Land (2011)
Wait, so they're -formally- delineated as such, as a Group No. 1 and a Group No. 2? You're not misconstruing them as two different teams when, perhaps, they just had different directors?

Pociask

▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒ (19)
Wii U Artist Studio

▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒ (27)
New Super Mario Bros. Wii U

▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒​▒▒▒ (34)
Eternal Darkness (Insert Subtitle)

Mario/Sonic: Relax!(19)

Wii Music: Ultimate Trance (27)

Retro Studios Presents WiiU Sports (34)

Fabrik

Banned
If you know, then why would you say it?

smb4_cart.jpg

I'm sure we'll be shown New Super Mario Bros. 2 and New Super Mario Bros. Mii.

Because even Nintendo knows New Super Mario Bros. Mii. is lame lol.
Commercially, a Super Mario Bros. 4 with 4 players makes sense for a new Nintendo console launch. I don't know the demo was probably thrown together in no time and with NSMB2 coming, it's 2 almost identical games in the same time frame, so that's why I think they need a true next-generation mario game even if it's 2D. Made by EAD Tokyo maybe?

radcliff

Wait, so they're -formally- delineated as such, as a Group No. 1 and a Group No. 2? You're not misconstruing them as two different teams when, perhaps, they just had different directors?

Well, I don't know for sure. But Takao Shimizu was the producer of Galaxy 1 and had nothing to do with either Galaxy 2 or 3D Land. He had to be working on something all this time besides the Zelda collaboration. This is the guy responsible for DK '94, Starfox 64, and Jungle Beat. He is pretty important at EAD.

AntMurda

Why? The developers of Galaxy 1 (EAD Tokyo 1) hasn't released anything since 2007 except for the OOT 3D collaboration with Grezzo. They have had plenty of time to make the next flagship 3D Mario title.

That's not how the EAD Groups / Producers work. Shimizu and his EAD Group 1 are probably not working on Mario. Heck, Koizumi took most of the designers / programmers of SMG1 over to his Tokyo Group 2 anyway. Shimizu for the most part has a different team. He will be working on something else.

They were all made by EAD Tokyo

EAD Tokyo has two sections. Group 1 and Group 2. Just like EAD Kyoto has 5 sections. Just like SPD has 4 sections. Different teams and producers and directors. They are managers and producers. Then theres a whole bunch of directors under them.

It's official. Its even printed on business cards, and nintendo's press corporate profiles.

Well, I don't know for sure. But Takao Shimizu was the producer of Galaxy 1 and had nothing to do with either Galaxy 2 or 3D Land. He had to be working on something all this time besides the Zelda collaboration. This is the guy responsible for DK '94, Starfox 64, and Jungle Beat. He is pretty important at EAD.

Well they basically did that DSiWare game (Make your Own DS Guide) for Japan, and produced the Grezzo Zelda 3DS projects. Sometimes the developers stall. It took Sugiyama and EAD Kyoto Group 5 a long time to release a game since his promotion. For all we know Shimizu and Tokyo Group 1 are making a cool game for near launch.

linko9

That's not how the EAD Groups / Producers work. Shimizu and his EAD Group 1 are probably not working on Mario. Heck, Koizumi took most of the designers / programmers of SMG1 over to his Tokyo Group 2 anyway. Shimizu for the most part has a different team. He will be working on something else.

Yeah, that was my point. It's very silly to make the claim that the Galaxy 1 team hasn't done anything big since Galaxy 1: most of the important people who worked on that game went on to make Galaxy 2 and 3d land.

radcliff

Yeah, that was my point. It's very silly to make the claim that the Galaxy 1 team hasn't done anything big since Galaxy 1: most of the important people who worked on that game went on to make Galaxy 2 and 3d land.

I didn't mean that they didn't/aren't making anything big. My point was that it has been a long time (5 years) since they developed something internally and my speculation was that they could currently be developing a 3D Mario game.

If I were to make an obvious guess id say if they have 3 launch titles one will be casual like a wii u play, wii u sports or somethin new, a bridge title like new super mario bros and then a title that strongly appeals to nintendo fanatics/hardcore.

Neiteio

EAD Tokyo has two sections. Group 1 and Group 2. Just like EAD Kyoto has 5 sections. Just like SPD has 4 sections. Different teams and producers and directors. They are managers and producers. Then theres a whole bunch of directors under them.

It's official. Its even printed on business cards, and nintendo's press corporate profiles.
That's awesome to know. :) Hopefully they'll grow to include more groups, so they can cycle through more non-Mario titles more often.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I'm trying to decide if I care or not. I was psyched about the Wii and have owned one for years, but have put so little time into it relative to console's I've owned in the past. I even have a 3DS that I haven't played nearly as much as I thought I would. My nintendo love has faded :(

watershed

Banned
I thought they would at least give us some letters

Well they could have done more but I honestly don't want to know any of those titles until the conference. In fact I hope Mario Wii U isn't one of them since we already know about it. Knowing Nintendo fans, if they revealed even just one letter for each title it would have been figured out by now.

kharak

Neo Member
My bet:

• Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition (34)
  • Metroid Prime 4 Revengeance (27)
  • Eternal Darkness II (19)

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
well, they are quiet trolling us, without having unveiled those teased games of facebook, arent' they?

Top Bottom