• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo is already working on new Switch Lite model amid Joy-Con drift concerns.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

According to new documents the company filed with the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) on Monday, Nintendo has a new version of the Switch Lite on the way, though it may not be meant for consumers yet. The new model has been given the FCC identification number BKEHDH002 – the earlier model was submitted with the ID number BKEHDH001.

Codes 208

So is this going to be like when they announced that theyll replace joycons for free or should I expect to rebuy a system *if* mine starts showing signs of drift.

Cause if its the latter, Ill be more than happy to just take it apart and replace the analogs myself rather than buy a new system.

Last edited:

TomSharp

Neo Member
I really hope they get this sorted soon, releasing a product that was defective from the start is just bad. Although there are few reports of drifting at the moment, I'm sure that there will be many more as the consoles become worn.
giphy-3.gif

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
this is hilarious. shame on nintendo but also funny for those who actually were stupid enough to buy this thing. the only real Switch is the one that can actually, yknow, Switch.

I’m not a fan of the grey or turquoise, but that yellow is doing it for me.
qRWJqbk.jpg
if only the Lite had black buttons and bezel, eh? then it'd look like the gameboy.

Last edited:

Weilthain

Banned
if only the Lite had black buttons and bezel, eh? then it'd look like the gameboy.

White buttons look better.

That gameboy is turning a very orangy yellow.

I have 2 regular switches and 1 light. On a scale of 1-10 how stupid is that?

clem84

Gold Member
qRWJqbk.jpg
So cute! The dog I mean. :messenger_grinning_smiling:

Serious answer. Yellow and turquoise look kinda nice. Grey is just boring. I have a feeling those colors won't please everyone though. They need new ones.

Last edited:

FMXVII

qRWJqbk.jpg

That is what I went with, too.

Actually... the yellow is what compelled me to dive in.

It is kind of gorgeous.

But I'll just return it if I can get better one soon.

The salesperson at Best Buy tried to get me to buy the protection plan for $40 which would cover and replace it if it got drift.

Then another salesperson pipes up and says that I won't get a new unit, just a refurbished one.

Fuck.That.

There's no way in hell I am paying 1/5 of the unit's price just to get some random dude's once-broken system.

I am seriously considering returning it now.

Nintendo needs to do something to take care of us early adopters.

Top Bottom