• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo lists the 23 games launching w/ WiiU on Nov 18 [Post-Launch Day List Added]

pringles

In terms of sales Mario Bros U and Wii Fit U are absolutely going to be "big killer apps". Maybe Lego City also.

In terms of unique and innovative gameplay, I am betting The Wonderful 101 is going to be a huge killer app...but I am also betting most are going to overlook it.
Yeah none of those are the kind of games that make people talk and get people who aren't already interested in the console to turn their heads. Not that I think the console really needs that to be succesful at launch. The controller is killer app enough for me.

Day 1 for me:

NintendoLand
New Super Mario Bros. U

Sorry but everything else looks mediocre and bland.
Scribblenauts Unlimited isn't bland :(

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2012/09/interview_5th_cell_scribblenauts_unlimited
Q: What's the strangest thing you've seen created so far?

A: One of our designers made a truck that was made out of monster parts that could fly in the air and shoot exploding snakes.
If being able to create a truck that can fly and shoot exploding snakes is bland, then I'm already plenty good without any spice. :p But in any case, yeah, day 1 for me is the same two games plus Scribblenauts in terms of retail releases. Also Toki Tori 2 and Nano Assault Neo whenever they go up.

TDLink

Yeah none of those are the kind of games that make people talk and get people who aren't already interested in the console to turn their heads. Not that I think the console really needs that to be succesful at launch. The controller is killer app enough for me.

What exactly do you mean? Are you specifically just talking about "hardcore gamers"? Because Wii Fit, Mario, and heck even Nintendo Land are enough to get most random people to take a look at it. For those who just like action games and shooters there really isn't much at launch, I agree. Zombi U seems like it could fill that niche, but we'll see. So far the impressions seem good even if it doesn't really interest me personally. Maybe the remakes of Ninja Gaiden 3 and Warriors Orochi 3 too.

Medalion

Banned
This is a varied launch line up indeed for a Nintendo home console, but it is lacking a really high-profile must-have game... I am sure NSMBU will be great but it's not what we're expecting

Nice list, doesn't change what I'm getting, though glad to see Wonderful 101 in the launch window rather than launch day, cause that is another must buy to me and I'm already tapped lol Wii U Deluxe, NSMB U, and ZombiU, if ZombiU wasn't from the Beyond Good and Evil guys and a bit of diversity in what I'm getting from Nintendo, Epic Mickey 2 would definitely be a day 1 buy... sadly it must wait now.

Really disappointed that Rayman Legends isn't a launch title. Oh well, at least I still have the other games on my list to look forward to.

Drago

I just hope that Rayman comes out on Dec. 4 like retailers are saying. Europe is getting it on launch day (Nov. 30) so the wait for NA can't be that long...

Hmm. Was planning on NSMBU, ACII, and Rayman Legends in addition to the Nintendoland I'll get from my Deluxe set.

Probably getting Zombi U instead of Rayman, if the reviews are good, if not than Blops 2.

Drago

It's a riff on the saying "in like Flynn" or "get it on like Donkey Kong."

But surely you picked up on that.

Yeah, I did, but it's just... so bland. :/

At least if he said "On like Donkey Kong' it would be fitting, it being a Nintendo launch and all, but 'On like Shawn' just sounds so flat and out of place. I'm tired ._.

pramath

Banned
Yeah, I did, but it's just... so bland. :/

At least if he said "On like Donkey Kong' it would be fitting, it being a Nintendo launch and all, but 'On like Shawn' just sounds so flat and out of place. I'm tired ._.

That's my name.

Boom #/gamechanger

TDLink

What are the chances that Black Ops II will look better than the 360 and PS3 versions?

50% for now since they haven't said one way or the other. Right now the only confirmed changes for the Wii U version are the ability to use Wiimote + Nunchuk controls and 2 player split screen with one person using the TV and one using the gamepad.

Fusebox

Banned
50% for now since they haven't said one way or the other. Right now the only confirmed changes for the Wii U version are the ability to use Wiimote + Nunchuk controls and 2 player split screen with one person using the TV and one using the gamepad.

Thanks. So as far as we know the Wii U should be more powerful and in theory the Wii U version of Black Ops could be the best looking yeah?

C4Lukins

Not a bad launch at all, especially if you are a Nintendo console owner only. Actually it looks amazing if you are exclusively a Wii owner. That is a lot of great games out of the gate to check out. If you are a 360 or PS3 owner though, the first party stuff seems a little lacking, but again they make up for it with a lot of older games and a few huge 3rd party new releases.

It reminds me a little of the 360 launch. Only the Wii U gets Batman, Black Ops 2, Darksiders 2, AC3, and Skylanders. 360 had Tony Hawk, King Kong, Gun, gimped sports games form 2K and EA, and luckily a console exclusive with COD2. It will be interesting to see how these third party games sell over the holiday on Wii U.

Top Bottom