• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Network + Miiverse Thread: RIP Friend Codes, 2005-2012

Ban Puncher

So is it like XBL where you can change your name from xXxw33d5n1p3r420XxX when puberty works itself out or is it a 'once and once only' kind of deal like PSN?

sakipon

Is Miiverse regional? If someone's language is Spanish, can they easily find posts in their language or do they all just mix up (like on Twitter)? Someone mentioned continental regions but that doesn't really mean much, especially in Europe.

dock

So is it like XBL where you can change your name from xXxw33d5n1p3r420XxX when puberty works itself out or is it a 'once and once only' kind of deal like PSN?
Sony really should offer a name changing service. Once per 6 months or so would suffice to stop abuse.

SuperPac

So I made a post to the NintendoLand community last night after playing the octopus rhythm game but didn't see the screenshot option anywhere - is that part not ready yet?

Roo

Wow it just hit me...
There cannot be spaces between words
What a bummer

-mybodyisready lololol

So I made a post to the NintendoLand community last night after playing the octopus rhythm game but didn't see the screenshot option anywhere - is that part not ready yet?
when your making a post, should be in the top right corner. just took one of Assassin Creed 3

Jarsonot

I'm in - Jarsonot

Edit: dammit, downloaded NSMBU last night to "avoid" having to wait. Wake up to have to tell it to yes, actually install the game too. 15 more minutes. <sigh>

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Since this is the OT...

1. Imagine I have a Wii U console and my friend has a Wii U console. I go to his house to play Wii U. Can I bring my profile/save data with me?

2. If yes, can my profile be on multiple systems at once? How does DRM work for purchased games over multiple systems? Is it like the 360?

Since this is the OT...

1. Imagine I have a Wii U console and my friend has a Wii U console. I go to his house to play Wii U. Can I bring my profile/save data with me?

2. If yes, can my profile be on multiple systems at once? How does DRM work for purchased games over multiple systems? Is it like the 360?

Won't know til someone tries. I do know you can import an existing NNID though and it'll bring your Mii over.

Jetku

Why are there two ways to enter friends...?

The good way, searching via MiiVerse and sending a friend request.
The bad way, entering the NinID in the friend list and waiting for the friend to also enter yours.

NNID: TheBY2K

Add me, fools!

You have to enable MiiVerse friend requests.

I am curious if you can change your region at any time like the 3DS, is that possible?

If so, can you use the credit card from a region on a different region account, also like the 3DS?

The bad way, entering the NinID in the friend list and waiting for the friend to also enter yours

For all intents and purposes Miiverse is the online community and not Nintendo Network. NNID just happens tp be used.for Miiverse. Miiverse truly allows for a good gaming community.

The bad way, entering the NinID in the friend list and waiting for the friend to also enter yours.

Crap, this is stupid. I've been adding everyone through the bad way. Now I have to go back and add through the "good" way.

Top Bottom