• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo New 3DS XL - Super NES Edition

PSFan

It wasn't edgy enough to compete with the "cooler" looking Sega Genesis. Bright, colorful, rounded designs are for kids. Teens need something sharp to cut their eyes on.

If they thought that, then they were very, very wrong. Everybody I knew thought the JP/EU design was awesome and were very excited about it. Then when we saw what we were getting, it was a huge disappointment. It was so ugly.

And how the hell is purple and white edgy and cool compared to the sleek looking, black Genesis? Nintendo was totally clueless about the US.

BLAUcopter

Gold Member
Looks nice. Below is the PAL version for comparison, was just released in Aus last week.

11537758-1954510509375432.jpg

11537758-1254510509358560.jpg

Edit: Sorry, best pics I could find.
PAL version FTW.

Newk86

To me while the actual US SNES didn't look great, when it comes to these 3DS' I think it's a lot closer. US design works quite well here I think.

I believe th NA version is now available on Amazon. Anyone pull the trigger? I’m considering the purchase. Was curious about build quality, sound, etc.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Looks nice. Below is the PAL version for comparison, was just released in Aus last week.

11537758-1954510509375432.jpg

11537758-1254510509358560.jpg

Edit: Sorry, best pics I could find.

Sorry not sorry to NTSC SNES lovers ,but that version right the PAL version is the sex and so much better than the blocky SNES.

Sorry not sorry to NTSC SNES lovers ,but that version right the PAL version is the sex and so much better than the blocky SNES.
Haha, where’s your lavender love? I’m still angling to possibly get the NA version, are these special edition machines normally high demand/short supply? Contemplating just waiting until after Christmas.

Top Bottom