• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF's Nintendo Discussion, News, and Speculation |OT|

Mozza

So what are the chances of a Nintendo direct being announced for tomorrow, looking pretty slim at the moment. suppose there is still time.

Mr Hyde

I wonder if W101 is only physical for Kickstarter backers or if it comes out to the general public? Several Kickstarters have seen physical copies even for non backers, such as Bloodstained and Indivisible.

Edit: I just read it will be physical for everyone. Neat.

Last edited:

Saruhashi

Banned
So what are the chances of a Nintendo direct being announced for tomorrow, looking pretty slim at the moment. suppose there is still time.

I doubt it. It seems like they do an announcement on Tuesday and then the Direct is on Thursday.

I reckon something's up, to be honest.

Might be that they are changing their marketing strategy. I have no idea how well Directs worked.
Might be that the coronavirus outbreak is causing issues or is potentially going to be a huge issue.

The worst case scenario of course is that they don't have enough games to actually make a Direct worthwhile.

We're about to enter March and I feel at this stage we should be hearing about games for June, July, August.

Mr Hyde

Why the hell can't you lock your Switch with a PIN code? I mean if you lose it or it gets stolen. You can prevent access to the eshop with a password but not the Switch itself? Seems kinda dumb. Even the Vita had a PIN system.

mcjmetroid

I doubt it. It seems like they do an announcement on Tuesday and then the Direct is on Thursday.

I reckon something's up, to be honest.

Might be that they are changing their marketing strategy. I have no idea how well Directs worked.
Might be that the coronavirus outbreak is causing issues or is potentially going to be a huge issue.

The worst case scenario of course is that they don't have enough games to actually make a Direct worthwhile.

We're about to enter March and I feel at this stage we should be hearing about games for June, July, August.
Well they certainly have enough games to announce for a direct. They've done some piss poor directs before so that's not gonna stop them.

As far the Corona virus, it didn't stop them doing the animal crossing direct.

I do think something is up though. Saying that though I'm sad to say my Switch enthusiasm is waning a bit. I hope they surprise me soon.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Picked up Doom 1, 2 & 3 on sale. I missed the launch “Bethesda account” controversy, but I have to say, playing Doom 1 on Switch is an absolute blast. I’m really enjoying it. Timeless.

Mr Hyde

Saw a new video on Genshin Impact, the infamous BotW-clone. Got kinda hyped as it looked pretty solid. If it turns out to be good I'll probably buy it. Apparently it drops later this year.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
You jumped in at a good time. DOOM 1&2 have been patched up to run quite well now
Yeah, I’ve played through the entire first episode and besides a brief pop up of a Bethesda account login, which I dismissed straight away and haven’t seen again, it has been smooth unadulterated bliss.

Mista

Banned
Octopath Traveler (S) $37.49 via Target (Store Pick Up Only)

Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove (S) $22.49 via Target (Store Pick Up Only)

Yu-Gi-Oh!: Legacy of the Duelist Link Evolution (S) $24.37 via Target (Store Pick Up Only)

Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age Definitive Edition (S) $37.49 via Target (Store Pick Up Only)

-Arcadia-

Banned
Don’t we get more animal crossing impressions today from PAX.

Hype Check? -Arcadia- -Arcadia-

Getting the Coronavirus, so I don’t have to. Much appreciated. 😋

Should be a bit similar to what mainstream gaming/tech news played a week or so ago, and this game, even more so than the rest of the Crossings, seems to unfold over the long-term, but I’d count on fans to notice and film things those outlets never did, which should be really fun.

Yeah, I’ve played through the entire first episode and besides a brief pop up of a Bethesda account login, which I dismissed straight away and haven’t seen again, it has been smooth unadulterated bliss.

If you want a real good time, go to Add-ons, load up Plutonia and play "Go 2 It" on Ultra Violence. Great stuff!

Tigerlord

I don’t trust them. Its not like they know how to make proper online

What else was asked in the survey?
As for Nintendo and their online service, because they are more family-friendly, they want to avoid
problems with pedos on the service but that greatly reduces the service they could give.
I remember a case where a pedo was grooming a kid on xbox live and the kid's mother overheard,
but I don't think there was much commotion over it. As for the survey, it asked about crossplay, if I played with other consoles with it, if I was treated bad by other console users, and if there were other things to improve it.
Sorry for the long delay.

Jooxed

Gold Member
Animal crossing will have dailies -Arcadia- -Arcadia-

Apparently this is new ?

ZqdiJjJ.jpg

-Arcadia-

Banned
Btw, here’s Nintendo’s awesome play area for Animal Crossing. The massive floor display simulating water is a really nice touch.

I mean, it’s not exactly a theme park or anything, but that must be such a cool way to play the game for the first time.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
I tried an Animal Crossing game once (I think it was on one of the DS’) and I couldn’t get past the set up screens. Took too long, lol.

Azelover

Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.
Btw, here’s Nintendo’s awesome play area for Animal Crossing. The massive floor display simulating water is a really nice touch.

I mean, it’s not exactly a theme park or anything, but that must be such a cool way to play the game for the first time.

This game is gonna be huge. As big as it can be, especially in Japan.

Sad that the Switch isn't gonna benefit that greatly, because of shortages.

Top Bottom