• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo officially confirms its presence at E3 ( No April Fools )... shit’s getting real.

Raph64

Nintendo-E3-19_03-31-19.jpg

ohboy.gif

( From Gematsu )
Nintendo has launched its official E3 2019 website.

The website highlights some of the activities it has planned for the event, which runs from June 11 to 13 at the Los Angeles Convention Center.

Here are the details provided so far:

June 11 to 13
It’s almost that time of year…​
…and we’re as excited as you are! Luckily, you can learn about all the newest game announcements, tournament news, and Nintendo’s E3 plans right here, so stay tuned.​
June 8
  • Battle to be the best – Players from around the globe will face off in electrifying Nintendo game tournaments. Who will come out on top? Tune in on Saturday June 8 and find out!
  • Super Smash Bros. Ultimate World Championship 2019 3-versus-3 – Watch players smash their way to the top. Join the party as players from around the world battle in this international tournament.
  • Splatoon 2 World Championship 2019 – Ink or be Inked! Get inked with some of the world’s top squid squads as they face off for the championship.

jbwgqauinln11.gif

The publishers and developers who confirmed their conference so far :

- Microsoft
- Nintendo
- Ubisoft
- Bethesda
- Devolver
- Limited Run

Oh boy, it sure is almost that time of the year already, can’t believe we’re almost 2 months ahead of E3 now. With the rumors regarding the new Switch models and Microsoft and Nintendo’s potentially big partnership plans, I will for once, looking forward a lot to this E3. And of course, it seems like Nintendo will have a lot of stuff to reveal to us this year because 2019 is set to be jam-packed with games with Link’s Awakening, Super Mario Maker 2, Astral Chain, and so on... Who knows what we are going to get this year, but I am still hopeful for two things : Pikmin 4 finally getting announced... and maybe a word or so on what Retro Studios has eventually been working on prior being handled the Metroid Prime 4 development helms.

Say GAF, let’s start to make our bets and predictions for the Nintendo showcase ! What games are you most hoping to see this year ? What are you hoping to see announced after years of patience ? What is your dream game announcement ?

Last edited:

Geki-D

Banned
Weren't they at the last few but didn't actually host any events (besides demos and side stuff) besides Directs?

In those announced events, I'm not seeing an actual keynote.

Last edited:

SegaShack

This is nothing different than the last few years. No conference. Personally, awkward Nintendo presenters are always awkward to watch for me whether they are in front of an audience or just in a recorded video.

Last edited:

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
Nintendo has always been at E3. This is no surprise. I think 2012 was the last conference they had. 2013 was the first time they eschewed the conference format. I was there both years.

Maguro

Why would they need a hw upgrade? Games play fine on the actual hardware. If you want beast graphic why don't you play on PC anyway?

I would laugh hard at people if nothing of the hw hardware includes a graphical update.

Last edited:

Codes 208

Why would they need a hw upgrade? Games play fine on the actual hardware. If you want beast graphic why don't you play on PC anyway?

I would laugh hard at people if nothing of the hw hardware includes a graphical update.
Because while yoshi’s crafted world runs nice, the resolution leaves me wanting.

. If you want beast graphic why don't you play on PC anyway?

Gee I don't know maybe because PC is completely different otherwise?!

Switch games look great but the resolutions aren't quite high enough on average and a lot of its ports are getting halved in framerate. I do not want to play glorious prime 4 or bay bay 3 in 720p or lower. And that's nice....

Last edited:

Maguro

Gee I don't know maybe because PC is completely different otherwise?!

Switch games look great but the resolutions aren't quite high enough on average and a lot of its ports are getting halved in framerate. I do not want to play glorious prime 4 or bay bay 3 in 720p or lower. And that's nice....

Wait, the resolution isn't even 1080p ?

It depends on the game. We don't know what bay 3 or MP4 will run at.

BUT, we can infer from bayonetta 2, which is a straight port that only hits 720p when docked, that switch will be 720p max in bayonetta 3, a more ambitious game surely. Platinum loves to push the spectacle in return for plenty of dips below 60fps.

Yoshi is 720p with dynamic resolution. Only games like Mario kart 8 deluxe (which looks great) are native 1080p. So yeah, native 1080p across the board is all I really want for switch exclusives.

Orta

Banned
New content ffs Nintendo, who gives a toss about flogging Splatoon and Smash Bros for the umpteenth time.

If there's a switch upgrade announced, I will be on eBay within 30 seconds peddling off my used switch for $300+. Will keep the games of course, all FOUR of them.

Last edited:

llien

Puzzling how easily does Nintendo get away with the whole "hardware upgrade", "your screen might be IPS or TFT, no big deal" things.

PocoJoe

Banned

Switch were kind of weak even on launch, strong as handheld but weak as home console and nothing spectacular vs. fastest phones at the time.

Screen is 720p and more demanding games like doom drop into really low resolutions, like 320p or something like that.

When connected to tv, games are mainly 720p unless they are some 2d games, or games with low detail like mario kart(art style saves a lot)

Saying that switch doesn't need more raw power is just not right, almost all the games would benefit from it.

They could run 1080p and or have stabler frame rate, more details and/or physics.

Games would be better, that is the fact when hardware is so weak that it can barely manage to run games, too many compromises have to be made.

Saying "nintendo games dont need performance" is just silly, even zelda would run with 1080p and world could have more detail with stronger hardware = whom can say that it wouldnt be a good thing?

But my guess is that even if they would release new hardware, it can't be much faster. Switch is 0.384 Tflops docked, ps4 original is 1.84 Tflops. So they would have to have at least 2x the power of original switch to gain some benefits and still they could not run 3rd party ports 1080p with 50% of ps4 details

Geki-D

Banned
Puzzling how easily does Nintendo get away with the whole "hardware upgrade", "your screen might be IPS or TFT, no big deal" things.
lol Yeah. I guess people don't mind buying a new system only about 2 years after the original came out.

Top Bottom