• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo planning post E3 presser for Japan

AniHawk

MidnightScott said:
Pikmin 3 better not be their big game. Pikmin is about as hardcore as Animal Crossing & Wii Music...

Amir0x is gonna shiv you in the knees. And I'm gonna help him.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
MidnightScott said:
How about a Kirby Tilt n Tumble like game for the Wii? :D

Pikmin 3 better not be their big game. Pikmin is about as hardcore as Animal Crossing & Wii Music...

Gimme all those games you showed off at the October conference, plus Mario Galaxy 2 & Luigi's Mansion 2 =D
MidnightScott
2006-2009

Cry more. Everyone has their own opinion.

I am excited yet the sign of disappointment still looms over my head. I really want to see a Nintendo game that utilizes the Wii MotionPlus accessory to the fullest...but that probably won't happen unfortunately.

And thanks NCL...you make us all think E3 is gonna suck just because you are having a conference right after...

wRATH2x

Banned
Talladega Knight said:
You fucking disgust me.
He has a point though. I love Pikmin/F-Zero/Kirby/etc. but they were always considered secondary to the bigger title's, well at least it was considered that last generation. So if their big game is the already "announced" Pikmin 3 expect meltdowns.

But Kirby is always a major franchise to me. <3

Nintendo is slated to have a 2-hour long E3 conference. That's twice as long as their keynotes for the previous five years. That's a long time. Something's up, and I've been hearing a lot of rumblings from Nintendo Land.

Linkhero1

Wrath2X said:
He has a point though. I love Pikmin/F-Zero/Kirby/etc. but they were always considered secondary to the bigger title's, well at least it was considered that last generation. So if their big game is the already "announced" Pikmin 3 expect meltdowns.

But Kirby is always a major franchise to me. <3
Pretty much my thoughts.

Linkup

TheGrayGhost said:
Nintendo is slated to have a 2-hour long E3 conference. That's twice as long as their keynotes for the previous five years. That's a long time. Something's up, and I've been hearing a lot of rumblings from Nintendo Land.

WHEN: Tuesday, June 2, 2009 at 9-10 a.m. PT

TheGrayGhost said:

Whoa. 2 hours?
So, one hour devoted to sales and market expantion, thirty minutes for Wii Sports/Fit Plus and thirty for a quick montage of core games.

GDGF

Soothsayer
TheGrayGhost said:

Really? I had no idea it was two hours long. It's got to be one hour for casual stuff/one hour for hardcore.

Yes Boss!

TheGrayGhost said:

Yep, something is definitely up. Especially with the JPN event on Thursday. Getting damn excited since all three platform seem to be bringing BIG stuff next week.

TheGrayGhost said:
Thanks to the negative reactions to Cammie, their new presenter will be the stuttering lawyer from My Cousin Vinny.

billy.sea

Banned
Pikmin 3 is going to be awesome, it was my favorite series of last generation.

But I don't know if the Pikmin name has much weight though. It doesn't have the same star power as the other Nintendo franchise.

You can look at this as either a sign of good things to come or a bad of shit . . .

Good - W/E they plan on showing at E3 is big enuff for them to want to hold a Japan event right afterwards so that they (Japan) can get their hands on it as well.

Bad - . . . IDK. Oct-ton coming early this year, for right after E3?

IMO it's going to be a E3 recap with WSR demos (it's coming out next month in Japan from what I remember) and some other demos that may or may not have been at E3.

Hoping for Pokemon HG/SS news from either event!

wRATH2x

Banned
Yes Boss! said:
Yep, something is definitely up. Especially with the JPN event on Thursday. Getting damn excited since all three platform seem to be bringing BIG stuff next week.
Something is always up. Give it a rest people.

GDGF

Soothsayer
laserbeam said:
Far as I remember hearing Nintendo and Sony both have 2 hour long conferences and Microsoft is slated for an hour 30

The streets will flow with the blood of the nonbelievers.

Hive

Banned
Nintendo is trying (re: going) to steal the thunder at E3 again.
Last year it was for a lousy conference/presenters.

I have a feeling they'll be turning it around this time with a Virtual Handheld, Zelda, and a new Mario series game (among quite a few other things)~

Linkhero1

Wrath2X said:
Jungle Beat>>Super Mario Galaxy.

It's been too long. :(
Jungle Beat was a great game, but I don't think I would go that far.

I mean I'd love to see a Jungle Beat 2 before Mario Galaxy 2 just to change things up a bit.

NichM

Banned
I think (in all seriousness) this may be a swine flu related thing. Travel out of Japan is very restricted right now, which may be putting a damper on NOA's planned stage presentation at their conference, as well as media access to their development staff. Having a local event immediately after E3 might be a way of making up for that somewhat.

OnPoint

Linkhero1 said:
Jungle Beat was a great game, but I don't think I would go that far.

I mean I'd love to see a Jungle Beat 2 before Mario Galaxy 2 just to change things up a bit.

Would have agreed if they were using the drums. Now I don't care as much, though, I'd still play it.

GDGF

Soothsayer
laserbeam said:
There is also another Miyamoto event from 6 pm to 7:30 pm on the 2nd so Nintendo is not going small scale

Your kung fu is impressive. What else do you know?

laserbeam

Banned
comedy bomb said:
I don't believe the two hour conference or the Miyamoto conference stuff one bit.

They had the same kind of roundtable last year it was mostly uneventful. I do believe that is where we learned of Pikmin 3 though. and I may be wrong on the conference length I am trying to get a confirmation. original source may have been counting when the room opened to allow people in

wRATH2x

Banned
OnPoint said:
Eh, you're entitled. I enjoyed Sunshine more than Galaxy myself, so I know what it's like to have an opinion that gets tomatoes thrown at you.
I have also enjoyed Sunshine more!

BFF's?
Stop before you get something put inside you that you don't want inside you . . . >_>
I'd rather put something inside you ;)

Anyway Jesus so what if I like Jungle Beat and Sunshine more than Galaxy?

Back on-topic you guy's are making too much of this, how many time's have Nintendo did something "unusual" to what they "usually" do and it turns out to be nothing? I've lost count.

Jungle Beat 2 would be a nice surprise. I quite enjoy the NPC Jungle Beat on the Wii.

I really don't think Pokémon HeartGold & SoulSilver will be there since this conference is for the Western audience. They won't be announced for the US until around December.

Well since reading more of this thread and that Nintendo's conference is 2 hours and it's longer than any of their past 5 conferences, that sounds like good news. Plus Iwata stated there was a bunch of games that are going to be released this holiday season...though that could be for just Japan since this was on Nintendo Japan's site...

Sucks I'll be at work during the conference, wish I could just skip but I need the money so I can buy whatever it is they are announcing!

laserbeam

Banned
Just as a confirmation this is in Nintendo's press release confirmation of Japanese Staff being at E3

“Nintendo has been carefully monitoring the situation worldwide and is taking appropriate steps to minimize health risks for everyone. As of now, Nintendo has no travel bans in place, but is instructing employees whose travel cannot wait to take precautions, such as wearing protective masks and washing their hands frequently…Video game fans can rest assured that Nintendo President Satoru Iwata will be presenting during the company’s E3 Expo media briefing the morning of June 2, and that legendary Nintendo video game designer Shigeru Miyamoto will host a developer roundtable event later that day.”[/B]”

Top Bottom