• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Power Reveals All Wii US Million Sellers (W/ Numbers)

Boney

Banned
Jaded Alyx said:
Sounds about right.

Metroid doesn't sell. Never has. I kind of wonder why Nintendo persists with it. It makes little sense from a business perspective.

Yup.
Original Metroid sold a lot though right?

Hell it even cracked a million in Japan.

jetjevons

Bish loves my games!
The 3rd Party Winners on Wii.

Just Dance 2 5.09
Guitar Hero III 2.76
Just Dance 2.71
LEGO Star Wars: Complete Saga 2.48
Carnival Games 1.88
Michael Jackson: Experience 1.88
Game Party 1.78
EA Sports Active 1.56
Disney Epic Mickey 1.52
Zumba Fitness: Join the Party 1.42
Deca Sports 1.35
Rayman Raving Rabbids 1.28
LEGO Batman 1.17
Cooking Mama: Cook Off 1.08
LEGO Indiana Jones: Original Adventures 1.08
Wipeout: The Game 1.06
Star Wars: Force Unleashed 1.06
Resident Evil 4 1.05
Guitar Hero World Tour 1.02
uDraw 1.02
Rock Band Special Edition 1.01
Call of Duty: World at War 1.01

cvxfreak

Resident Evil 4 1.05

fk3z3s.jpg
fk3z3s.jpg
fk3z3s.jpg
fk3z3s.jpg

fk3z3s.jpg
fk3z3s.jpg
fk3z3s.jpg
fk3z3s.jpg

TunaLover

Jaded Alyx said:
Sounds about right.

Metroid doesn't sell. Never has. I kind of wonder why Nintendo persists with it. It makes little sense from a business perspective.

Yup.

I bought Metroid Prime 3, Super Metroid VC, and Other M.
You are wrong
=(

Erethian

Funny to consider RE4 Wii is the best-selling version, beating out the original release on GC or PS2.

And Metroid has done respectable numbers worldwide, or did with the Prime games. It's just a B tier franchise, with stuff like Kirby being markedly bigger.

cvxfreak

Erethian said:
Funny to consider RE4 Wii is the best-selling version, beating out the original release on GC or PS2.

I think the PS2 version is above 1 million too (there were a few different SKUs throughout the years).

Still, the power of RE4. I remember GC version sales being at 850K too, so the RE4's sold over 3 million in the U.S. alone. Perhaps even closer to 4 million when counting the new HD releases and the PC version.

Dash Kappei said:
Super Mario Galaxy 4.38

Super Mario Galaxy2 2.4

:(

Everybody sold their Wii by the time 2 came out.

Those numbers are impressive as hell though. It's really crazy how hit and miss some stuff can be.

CTRL+F "Boom Blox" ... No results ... Failist.

Erethian

cvxfreak said:
I think the PS2 version is above 1 million too (there were a few different SKUs throughout the years).

Oh yeah, I was thinking more worldwide in that sense, though it'd be interesting to know which has sold more in the US.

Cipherr

Resident Evil 4 1.05

Considering they had to put next to no money into developing this, I still cannot even begin to think why they did not go all in right after this released with similarly veined RE titles. All the momentum in the world, squandered on light gun shit that wasnt really even in the same genre. Really weird.

markot said:
People bought uDraw >_<?

Gaf told me it was actually a well made game.

Father_Brain said:
Somehow, I thought Epic Mickey sold 1.3M in the December NPD. It can't have only done 100K since, can it?
It did. Word of mouth killed it, that's what you get when you put out a subpar, borderline unfinished, product.

Worse, it's bound to impact EM2. Disney fucked up.

For a second I thought maybe Link's Crossbow Training sold all that from Zelda collectors alone, but then I remembered it came with the zapper.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Oni Link 666 said:
For a second I thought maybe Link's Crossbow Training sold all that from Zelda collectors alone, but then I remembered it came with the zapper.
And was only 20 bucks.

JJConrad

Sucks at viral marketing
Father_Brain said:
Somehow, I thought Epic Mickey sold 1.3M in the December NPD. It can't have only done 100K since, can it?
Notice that Wii Fit Plus is on the list twice... these numbers are for the individual SKU. The numbers in December were combined. The game did drop off fast, but the Collector's Edition should add another 100k or so. So another 300k in 8 months isn't too bad.

Seik

Banned
OldJadedGamer said:
Just Dance outsold Galaxy?

Not surprising, concidering the massive load of casual people that bought a wii for casual games.

Just Dance outsold Galaxy 2, Zelda and DK too! >_<

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Heh. I only own one of them. And it's a port of a game I had on Gamecube. Anything else I have is sub million (or hell, sub 10K. Trauma Team. ;___;)

AniHawk

Duderz said:
It will be interesting to see if Skyward Sword matches or exceeds Twilight Princess' LTD sales.

probably not. tp's down to $20 which should bring it to 3m+. it might do 2m+ though.

JJConrad

Sucks at viral marketing
Duderz said:
It will be interesting to see if Skyward Sword matches or exceeds Twilight Princess' LTD sales.
Us seeing that would be way more interesting than SS doing that.

ctrl + f "golden"

??

didn't activision say it outsold world at war?
I think that was 1st month only. Goldeneye is also a split SKU, so it makes it harder for it to make a list like this.

radcliff said:
Donkey Kong Country Returns 2.35

yhp2V.gif

And with over 5 million sales worldwide, its the second-highest selling Donkey Kong game EVER. Better then any of the DKC sequels, DK64, or those abysmal Donkey Konga/Jungle Beat bullshit.

SEQUEL SENSES TINGLING

Rcufp.gif

Azure J

LeonSKennedy90 said:
And with over 5 million sales worldwide, its the second-highest selling Donkey Kong game EVER. Better then any of the DKC sequels, DK64, or those abysmal Donkey Konga/Jungle Beat bullshit.

SEQUEL SENSES TINGLING

You take that right the fuck back now! ;_;

DKCR = Jungle Beat > DKC2 > anything else Donkey Kong branded.

WillyFive

Dash Kappei said:
Super Mario Galaxy 4.38

Super Mario Galaxy2 2.4

:(

It will stay that way. SMG has been around far longer than SMG2, and is now at $20.

Besides, SMG sold 4.38 million copies. That's justice.

Kandinsky said:
I'm shocked at the Lego games numbers.

Why?

They are addictive, fun, and it's the perfect storm of two huge brands in one package.

fernoca

And the Lego 3DS games are already doing quite great in the US also...well, as far as 3DS games/totals go, so far: :p

March 2011 - August 2011

1. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D (Around 450k)
  2. Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition
  3. Pilotwings Resort
  4. Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars
  5. Rayman 3D
  6. Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D
  7. Nintendogs + cats: Golden Retriever & New Friends
  8. Lego Pirates of the Caribbean: The Video Game
  9. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Shadow Wars
  10. Super Monkey Ball 3D

loosus

Banned
I liked Mario Galaxy 2 so, so much more than the first one. Galaxy 2 had its fair share of flaws, but they started getting things in the right direction, like reducing the stupid hub world and whatnot.

But I can see why Galaxy 2 sold less. After the first one, I was very, very close to not buying the second one because the first one was a huge turn off and just figured it was the same shit. Glad I was surprised, but I am sure others thought the same thing and decided ultimately not to get the second one.

Top Bottom