• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Power Reviews: October 2011

NPbanner.png

-Cover-
NP272_Cover.png

-Reviews-
DS:
Aliens: Infestation -8.0
Harvest Moon: The Tale of Two Towns - 8.0
Professor Layton and the Last Specter - 8.5

3DS:
Thor: God of Thunder - 6.0
Doctor Lautrec and the Forgotten Knights - 6.5
FIFA Soccer 12 - 7.0
Harvest Moon: The Tale of Two Towns - 7.5
Nikoli’s Pencil Puzzle 3D - 6.0
Pet Zombies - 5.5
Tetris Axis - 7.5

Wii:
FIFA Soccer 12 - 8.0
Kirby’s Return to Dream Land - 8.5
Rune Factory: Tides of Destiny - 8.0

Tiktaalik

Was expecting more from some of these games. I haven't read Nintendo Power in a while, have they been tilting in the EDGE direction scorewise?

Truth101

Banned
If anyone has the issue can you tell me why harvest Moon scored lower on the 3DS version than the DS version. I want to know if it is a bad port.

Has the issue even come out yet?

Tiktaalik

Truth101 said:
If anyone has the issue can you tell me why harvest Moon scored lower on the 3DS version than the DS version. I want to know if it is a bad port.

Yeah one could certainly imagine that there's nothing actually wrong with the game, but they docked it for simply offering nothing significantly special over the NDS game.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Rune Factory is getting localised?

Or was that an import review?

Was the game that good?

Truth101 said:

It is out, or at least subscribers should get it soon. Its not a bad port, its just that they're basically the same game. Graphics are higher resolution and in widescreen, and the 3D is just there, because it had to be.

Alextended said:
Rune Factory is getting localised?

Or was that an import review?

Was the game that good?
Its going to be released on PS3 and Wii October 11th.
So it is not a import review.
Nintendo Power said:
Rune Factory: Tides of Destiny is good-looking and vibrant, with interesting characters, a compelling plot and voice acting that's pretty solid.

Tiktaalik said:
Was expecting more from some of these games. I haven't read Nintendo Power in a while, have they been tilting in the EDGE direction scorewise?

They're way more serious now in the review sections than they were 5 or 6 years ago that's for sure.

Top Bottom