• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo reveals Mario Rabbids 2: Sparks of Hope 2022 for Switch

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
That Opera boss in first game was glorious, it was fun as hell and I agree I really like DLC, DK added so much to already solid combat.

Last edited:

Kilau

Even the Xcom developers were impressed with the last game's mechanics.

323.jpg_large

I love XCOM

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Team up with Mario, Rabbid Peach, and their friends on a mission to save the galaxy! Mario + Rabbids® Sparks of Hope, coming 2022 on Nintendo Switch.

Cursa, a mysterious and malevolent entity seeks out energy to further its nefarious plans, plunging the galaxy into chaos. Twisting the planets with its evil influence, it’s determined to consume all the energy of the Sparks, uncanny creatures formed by the fusion of Lumas & Rabbids, and destroy all who stand in its way. To bring order back to the galaxy and save the Sparks, Mario and friends team up with Rabbids heroes in a journey through mysterious and ever-surprising planets.

Mario + Rabbids® Sparks of Hope will be available for Nintendo Switch in 2022. LEARN MORE ON MARIO + RABBIDS SPARKS OF HOPE ON: MarioRabbids.com

ultrazilla

Gold Member
I love the color theory.

Whether it was footage from the Nintendo Switch Pro version? Hard to say. The first game was a beautiful looking game as well. However, this "alpha footage" looked extremely clean and polished already and performance
seemed rather nice. Again though, too early to say.

Hell yes, Rosalina (almost certainly) confirmed!

This look amazing - actual walking radiuses instead of grid, and another layer of combat with the Luma partners. I hope it keeps most of the old movement mechanics as well (I'm assuming they will still be balanced just fine with the radius movement, although I could see the bounces needing to be able reach a little bit further than walking radius; of course, that sort of adjustment could be in the skill trees or character abilities too)- the emphasis on moving ahead as fast as possible and placing your team at spots to enable it reminded me a lot of the DeSu games, which had lots of movement-upping options designed to let you win most non-boss encounters in 2-3 turns at most. The Avian and Genma skills coupled with the Eye skills, being able to attack and move twice with some careful summoning (at a massive initiative cost, of course), etc. all elevated the gameplay a ton. TRPGs need that layer of additional combat planning beyond just what attacks you have.

Last edited:

Livia

Great reveal from Ubisoft. Loving what i've seen of the game. Only dissappoitment is the release year, was hoping for 2022, but oh well.

Majukun

was this announced or hinted previously in any way? because i remember a recent leak that listed it, title and all, and i ìt would give further credibility to the rest of the list

Looks great, the first game was excellent outside of a very boring overworld but if this trailer is anything to go by, it looks like they took care of that part.

Also the game leaked early. The reception to seeing Mario next to deformed rabbids without context was not kind. He probably thought his career was over. Then it got unveiled and was received extremely well.
Exactly. There were rumors weeks before it was unveiled and almost everyone laughed at it and thought it was bullshit.

Then some art got leaked and people were slamming the game pretty hard online.

e&e

Banned
A gentle reminder to not pay full price for this.

The last one hit bargain bins just weeks after launch. It still one of the cheapest (Big budget) Switch games you can buy (That and Rayman Legends).
I don’t remember that. The game sold great too!

Danjin44

Definitely planning to replay the first game+DLC before sequel comes out.

This game releasing next year, right?

Random tought: i remember the end credits of the first one as, maybe, the longest of all time.
Maybe hyperbole, but really they never ended

Ladioss

Do these graphics look better than what the Switch can output? 👀

I see it's tagged as Switch and PC on 4gamers, but I expect it to be an error ?

Last edited:

Miyazaki’s Slave

Gold Member
My favorite part of the Ubi presser today.

The game also went up on preorder this afternoon as a Switch title (some folks in the after/recap video insinuated they didn’t mention a specific console during the reveal…they did).

Also, in many cases when folks show off prerelease footage for games they do so with footage captured from development machines running in compatibility mode to simulate the target hardware platform.

It would be awesome if this was part of some reveal at Nintendo’s event next week though.

Jermare

Neo Member
was this announced or hinted previously in any way? because i remember a recent leak that listed it, title and all, and i ìt would give further credibility to the rest of the list
Nope. People speculated it was coming due to the Rabbids Twitter account changing to Mario + Rabbids a few months ago, but that's it. That same leaker leaked other accurate things.

Fake

Some insiders are insinuating this is running on the switch pro.

IDK if there is any kind of prove for this. The previous Mario Rabbids runs quite well already, unless they revamp the engine, but I not see it anything that can be pushing the hardware in the trailer. Just artistic choices, as should be.

Shubh_C63

I still can't believe Ubi was able to get Mario in collaboration to their franchise.

have to believe Nintendo is stingy about their iconic plumber being rented out, so the quality of this game must be amazing.

Danjin44

so the quality of this game must be amazing.
I’m one of the people that barely likes any Ubisoft games but this surprised the crap out of me, it’s good and not just “good for Ubisoft game” no, it was legitimately good game. I even go as far as say this is my favourite Mario game on Switch.

carlosrox

Banned

Well, the game itself I assume, and not the footage shown thus far.

Would be weird of them to show Pro footage if this is coming for the regular Switch and it hasn't even been announced yet.

The implications that this footage specifically is Switch Pro is kinda weird. This is nothing the regular Switch couldn't do. The first game looks pretty much just like this.

Xellos

Maybe. I think Switch can run this but the image quality in the gameplay trailer is great. Not a lot of jaggies going on and it doesn't look too soft/fuzzy either. Not what I would expect from Switch in that regard.

Last edited:

HAL-01

Maybe. I think Switch can run this but the image quality in the gameplay trailer is great. Not a lot of jaggies going on and it doesn't look too soft/fuzzy either. Not what I would expect from Switch in that regard.
It’s the cleanest looking switch game I’ve seen. The original was 900p. This trailer not only looks 1080p, it looks supersampled.

Last edited:

Kuranghi

I see it's tagged as Switch and PC on 4gamers, but I expect it to be an error ?

Maybe this explains why the image quality was so good in the trailer, the game still looked to be running at 30fps though so you'd think they'd run it at 60fps if it was secretly PC footage. Although maybe Nintendo would ask for it to be at 30fps even when running on PC to not make the Switch version looks inferior, wait, was the ubisoft stream actually 60fps?

So it could be Super Switch footage supersampled/AA'd/better IQ using some method, or just running on PC at 30fps, you decide.

Top Bottom