• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Spotlight Presentation (their E3 conference) to be 30 Minutes in length

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neoxon

DB14E3kV0AAJ3d9.jpg

~25 minutes.
Ah crap, maybe we should lower our expectations further.

seph1roth

Better make a 25 minutes presentation about Mario and then go to the Treehouse, just like last year with Zelda.

25 minutes for an E3 presentation...just ridiculous.

Nintendo sure knows how to ruin our fun.

I'm not even a little excited about this year's E3.

Seriously what's their problem? Why not tease the new Animal Crossing, Luigi's Mansion etc? We don't need a release date we just need a quick look in their future games.

Kyzer

Banned
Im hoping for something more like

2 minutes - Pokemon Ultra Sun/ Ultra Moon
2 minutes - Arms DLC
2 minutes - Splatoon 2
2 minutes - Mario x Rabbids
2 minutes - Fire Emblem Warriors
2 minutes - Third Party Reel
2 minutes - Zelda DLC
2 minutes - Pokken
2 minutes - Xenoblade 2
5 minutes - Super Mario Odyssey
2 minutes - SUPAH SUMASH BRAZZAS DX for Switch Early 2018

Damn even then not too much room for surprises...

Ridley327

Seriously what's their problem? Why not tease the new Animal Crossing, Luigi's Mansion etc? We don't need a release date we just need a quick look in their future games.

They treat E3 more like the trade show it's supposed to be for the rest of the calendar year than most other companies?

I hope you guys are ready for the mega surprise Rabbids x Mario game!

I'll never forget Nintendo's "one last thing" being the fireworks show from Nintendoland. 25 minutes is scary short for something that should be trying to instill confidence in a console. It can't just be shit we already know about.

How about fucking wait til it actually happens before being upset about it???

Kyzer

Banned
Honestly the amount of possibilities was too good to be true, the Switch already has a ton of games on the way they just gotta give us a glimpse at early 2018 and next year some directs and e3 will reveal the whole rest of the slew

hughesta

Banned
Nintendo usually prefers to announce games in their release year. They threw us a few bones in this year's January presentation. We'll find out about 2018 in January.

ggx2ac

If there's one thing to be less pissed about, it's that 5 minutes of the Spotlight won't be taken up by that Pokken DX trailer from the Pokémon Direct.

Instead, 8 minutes of the Spotlight will be taken up from Tsunekazu Ishihara apologizing about the clerical error with Pokémon Ultra Sun and Moon and announces that Nintendo Switch will never receive a mainline Pokémon game, at which he will then repeat showing the trailer of Pokken DX as something to look forward to.

Eliseo

Some of you guys need to calm down, I'm pretty sure Nintendo will deliver a good E3
I hope they don't show off a metroid game

Fanuilos

Shadow drop Stardew Valley and I won't even care if it's 24.5 minutes of Miyamoto putting on a puppet show with popsicle sticks.

Im hoping for something more like

2 minutes - Pokemon Ultra Sun/ Ultra Moon
2 minutes - Arms DLC
2 minutes - Splatoon 2
2 minutes - Mario x Rabbids
2 minutes - Fire Emblem Warriors
2 minutes - Third Party Reel
2 minutes - Zelda DLC
2 minutes - Pokken
2 minutes - Xenoblade 2
5 minutes - Super Mario Odyssey
2 minutes - SUPAH SUMASH BRAZZAS DX for Switch Early 2018

Damn even then not too much room for surprises...

I will lose my shit if the Spotlight features 3DS games.

If you wanna hedge your bets Nintendo thats fine but at least let the new console have the main marketing push.

5 minutes slashed
I guess Kimishima just found out that not only Federation Force Deluxe was in development instead of Luigi's Mansion 3, but Tanaba was planning a live orchestra of it at all three e3 tournaments. Kimishima, being a sane person, immediately cancelled it. Thankyou Kimishima.

Dremorak

Banned
Maybe they are putting a bigger influence on treehouse this time? Could be just touching on stuff we already know about like mario and pokemon, and then leaving it to the treehouse to go indepth. 25 mins of pure new stuff would be awesome.

Takat

It does seem like they'll focus on Mario, and if they're confident in Mario as they were in BOTW I'm fine with it.

I hope this E3 will bring more announcements, and I'm looking forward to more indie games.

Fireblend

Banned
I will lose my shit if the Spotlight features 3DS games.

If you wanna hedge your bets Nintendo thats fine but at least let the new console have the main marketing push.
The 3DS still has a huge user base and a new pair of Pokémon games just got announced. No way they're not mentioning the consoles or the games in the presentation.

Same as the 2017 focus doesn't imply they're not talking about 2018 games, that they'll be mostly pushing the Switch doesn't mean they're going to neglect their other huge console and franchise.

"Welcome to the 2017 Nintendo Spotlight presentation! For the next 25 minutes, we'll be focusing on some great upcoming titles for Nintendo Switch.

But first, let's take a look at some great new games coming to Nintendo 3DS".

The 3DS still has a huge user base and a new pair of Pokémon games just got announced. No way they're not mentioning the consoles or the games in the presentation.

Same as the 2017 focus doesn't imply they're not talking about 2018 games, that they'll be mostly pushing the Switch doesn't mean they're going to neglect their other huge console and franchise.

The initial press release said the Spotlight will showcase Switch games, while the Treehouse will go in depth on Switch and 3DS games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom