• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Spotlight Presentation (their E3 conference) to be 30 Minutes in length

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if E3 blows for Nintendo, the already announced line up for 2017 from Nintendo, a few third parties and a shit ton of Indies, I'm more than happy. My backlog is already 7 games deep.

Neoxon

I really hope we get a Mario Party announcement for the Switch. It's the perfect platform for it.

The reason why the Switch is just perfect for me is that with the joy-cons and my pro controller (used when docked) makes 3 player gameplay so easy.

The joy-con really was a genius idea.
Not if they stick with the stupid party bus thing. Online multiplayer would also be nice.

Looking back at past E3 presentations, you kind of see why E3 2015 was so bad despite it being a bit longer and having 15 games. The opening bit took more than twice the length as E3 2014's. The Star Fox talk with Miyamoto went as long Smash did in 2014 despite much less communicated about the game. They also gave one of the longer bits to Yoshi's Woolly World, a game that was featured in the pre event to the Nintendo World Championships the day prior and was talked about in the previous E3. Tri Force Heroes alone, got more screen time than Breath of the Wild had in the year prior. Skylanders and Super Mario Maker also diverged a lot from the games. They should have left off some of these trailers too like Yo-kai Watch and Mario Tennis Ultra Smash. In 2014, the dev stories were actually relevant and better framed the game whereas in 2015, they were a lot more trivia about the game and the series.

Anyhow, I think they are a larger shift towards the direction had with E3 2014 for this E3 though with fewer dev stories

Anth0ny

at this point length really doesn't scare me.

a long direct doesn't necessarily meant a great showcase, nor does a short direct. just gotta wait and see!

mother 3 and metroid from retro is happening #believe

MTC100

Banned
Well at least the length tells one thing: They won't bore us with sales figures at all, even though that's something I wouldn't find boring.

FinalAres

There will probably be people saying it is not concerning
I expect 10mins minimum On Super Mario Odyssey.

I think we all need to be real. Nintendo won't have that many games to show off. Hopefully there will be an exciting announcement but don't get your hopes up. It's fine though.

Azelover

Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.
I'm not holding my breath this time. Nintendo hasn't impressed me at E3 since 2010, and even that had some disappinting bits.

The last one I really loved was E3 2007, which everybody else hated. I just thought it was hilarious and perfect, loved Wii Fit. Was expecting the Wii Health Pack to be the new Brain Age craze for the West. I wasn't disappointed. The Balance Board was unveiled really well.

Even though I've always been a huge Nintendo fan, I have to admit this year my eyes are on Sony and Microsoft. Although it was clearly Blue Ocean, the Wii was Nintendo in war mode. I don't feel that way about the Switch.

It's just a great console. It's different, but it's not incredibly disruptive.

AniHawk

0:01-2:00 - super mario odyssey trailer
2:01-6:00 - super mario odyssey explanation
6:01-8:00 - splatoon 2 trailer
8:01-10:00 - xenoblade chronicles 2 trailer, release date (september 15)
10:01-12:00 - fire emblem warriors trailer and release date (october 13)
12:01-15:00 - monster hunter generations x release date and bundle announced
15:01-18:00 - zelda dlc shown off
18:01-22:00 - retro's new game, metroid not-prime
22:01-24:00 - pokemon stars
24:01:25:00 - sizzle reel closeout

There will probably be people saying it is not concerning

It's short, but they can still pack a lot in that time. Jump right into the games without Reggie, Koizumi, Shibata doing any introduction. Show edited versions of trailers with the full ones appearing on their official channel later. This isn't actually uncommon. For example, at last years PSX the GTS trailer they showed was only 58s while the full trailer was 2:13. Don't spend time on Splatoon 2 or ARMS given that both have been shown off quite a bit already and they'll obviously have extended showings during the Treehouse stream. Have a section that starts with first party games, goes into third party and ends with some sort of big first party announcement. New Metroid, Earthbound, Retro title or whatever. With that it could be pretty solid. Plus Nintendo isn't a stranger to announcing big titles after their show. I'm sure everyone remembers that after their E3 2012 conference they decided to announce Kamiya's new game (W101) on a GameTrailers livestream.

Neoxon

It's not happening, dude. If it was, last Tuesday would have been the time to reveal it.

Most Nintendo trailers are in the ballpark of 1 minute to 1 minute 30. Those times are in line with directs in 2013/2014

25 minutes is a shame but as long as I get my Fire Emblem Warriors gameplay at treehouse, I'm good. Since Hyrule Warriors ended up having one of my favourite OSTs ever, I neeed to hear some of the arranged and original music - even in snippet form!

Quasar

I'd think a Animal Crossing thing would be in there.

Well I was thinking of how this presentation would be structured so here's my Spotlight fanfiction

0-1:00: Intro with Koizumi
1:00-4:00 Super Mario Odyssey Trailer Nov release
4:00-6:30 Mario + Rabbids Aug release
6:30-9:00 Fire Emblem Warriors Oct release
9:00-17:00 Third Party check list
17:00-19:00 Animal Crossing/Retro's game Dec release
19:00-21:30 Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Q1 2018
21:30-24:00 Super Smash Bros for Switch w/ Inkling and Ice Climbers Q1 2018
24:00-25:00 Goodbye/check Treehouse/watch tournaments

takriel

It's gonna be 24 mins of Mario. Then, in the last minute, Koizumi tells us that while we were watching the presentation, Nintendo has uploaded on their YouTube channel new game trailers, developer stories, and gameplay walkthroughs of 15 announced and 10 unannounced games.

"Merry christmas, everyone. Now go open your presents."

These are his closing words, before the presentation ends.

Neoxon

Well I was thinking of how this presentation would be structured so here's my Spotlight fanfiction

21:30-24:00 Super Smash Bros for Switch w/ Inkling, Spring Man, and Ice Climbers Q1 2018
FTFY

sinonobu

Banned

21:30-24:00 Super Smash Bros for Switch w/ Inkling and Ice Climbers Q1 2018

this will be perfect

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
I expect 10mins minimum On Super Mario Odyssey.

I think we all need to be real. Nintendo won't have that many games to show off. Hopefully there will be an exciting announcement but don't get your hopes up. It's fine though.

At this point that a Mario oyou show as last time for zelda would have been a better choice

I was able to hold out hope at 30 minutes, but 25 is pushing it a bit. Here's hoping that it goes longer.

If they've really got nothing big other than the stuff we already know about, it'll be a disappointment for me.

1 min intro
2 min Arms stuff
2 min Splatoon2 trailer
2 min Fire Emblem Heroes trailer
2 min Monster Hunter XX trailer
3 min Xenoblade 2 trailer
3 min Skyrim trailer
3 min Rabbid trailer
3 min indie reel
3 min Odyssey trailer
1 min closing

_Clash_

I have a switch.its great. Nintendo #1.

But Switch is so supply constrained E3 plans may change is my cynical opinion

Hope it's not true

Sheroking

1 min intro
2 min Arms stuff
2 min Splatoon2 trailer
2 min Fire Emblem Heroes trailer
2 min Monster Hunter XX trailer
3 min Xenoblade 2 trailer
3 min Skyrim trailer
3 min Rabbid trailer
3 min indie reel
3 min Odyssey trailer
1 min closing

Nah.

5 minutes general info and skit stuff
5 minutes on Odyssey
5 minutes on Splatoon 2
10 minutes Rapid fire trailers
~2 minutes closing Reggie talk.

Not necessarily in blocks or in that order.

Biocoincoin

Neo Member
They still have the treehouse to show games that were not teased during their spotlight thing. We already know Splatton 2 and ARMS will get plenty of coverage during their dedicated tournaments, so they could spare having full-lenght trailers for them.

My hopes are high for the new retro game during the spotlight !

MoonFrog

wonder if SMT HD is getting a teaser in the Spotlight or nah. It's a really anticipated game in the west also
Would be nice...it feels like Atlus is closing out the 3DS with those remakes and the SMT anniversary project. It'd be nice to see something of the latter in particular, but god knows I'm hoping we start to see Atlus's extended Switch plans sooner rather than later, with SMT HD at the center of that.

Retro is a maybe, but you forgot to mention the new Metroid is for 3DS.

:p

MoonFrog

And that'd be good. Or could be, unless it is sone abomination unfit for the Metroid name but...3DS is hardly a problem if that's what it takes.

Transcript :
(0 min)
Welcome to Nintendo spotlight where we are going to focus on games releasing this year on Switch,

But before that we announced earlier Pokemon Ultra sun and Ultra moon,
(trailer with new details).
Pokemon will be released this November
In addition to that a new Pokemon special edition New 2DS
(7 min passed)

Moving to the Switch we have a lot of games coming to the system and we're going to share mostly the 2017 games,

As you know Arms is coming this month and along and we would like to thank everyone who participated in the test punch.
Also coming this Summer is Splatoon
(10 min passed)

Now we will show for the first time a new surprising game done by our friends in Ubisoft
(trailer)
Belive me it's fun and releasing on Nintendo switch (date)
(15 min passed)

(2 min Sizzle real showing already announced games like Skyrim, Payday, Dragon ball and new indie games )
(17 min passed)

Monolithsoft logo appears (1 min Xenoblade 2 trailer) Holiday 2017.

Fire Emblem Warriors (2 min) with release date
Tune in to Tree House live for an in depth look

(20 min passed)

Mario Odyssey trailer starts ( 2 min)
Mario Odyssey is the true sequel to Mario 64 and Mario Sunshine etc...( 3 min explanation)

(25 min passed)
We hope you enjoy and that's just a glimpse of games coming this year
Thank you

GAF :
"But we thought it's 30 min?"
"Wait IGN has an exclusive!"
"Is it Metroid?"
"It's Paltnium!"
"Oh it's Star Fox Zero deluxe "

jwk94

giphy.gif

Don't you do this to me Kamiya!

sinonobu

Banned
Transcript :
(0 min)
Welcome to Nintendo spotlight where we are going to focus on games releasing this year on Switch,

But before that we announced earlier Pokemon Ultra sun and Ultra moon,
(trailer with new details).
Pokemon will be released this November
In addition to that a new Pokemon special edition New 2DS
(7 min passed)

They never said 3ds game will appear during Spotlight.

Even if it does come out there's no where in hell they spend 5 minutes on it. Oras trailer was about 2 minutes during 2014 direct.

EVH

This will end up in disapointment, as has been with Nintendo E3 for years. Hell we even got a peek preview on that Pokemon direct.

Will never understand the way Nintendo handles reveals. Only Zelda was revealed long before launch Look at things like God of War or RDR2, they create expectation and the sense of a good future for the platform.

Rmagnus

Banned
This will end up in disapointment, as has been with Nintendo E3 for years. Hell we even got a peek preview on that Pokemon direct.

Will never understand the way Nintendo handles reveals. Only Zelda was revealed long before launch Look at things like God of War or RDR2, they create expectation and the sense of a good future for the platform.

I much prefer the way Nintendo does reveals than something that comes out much much later.

Lol it's a Nintendo console why would you expect 3rd party games especially western ones

Yeah, I'm waiting on this E3 to see if I want to buy Switch and its not looking good lol. No possible lengthy Smash and or Retro Studio is a buzz kill.

Jubenhimer

The only reason 2015 disappointed was because there was no future for Wii U. Plus, don't get salty at that Pokemon Direct when Stars was never a guarantee.

takriel

You know, Nintendo can fuck up this E3 all they want (they likely will). But the fact remains that by the end of the year, they will have released two if not three GotY contenders, only playable on Wii U or Switch. This is a good year for Nintendo fans, regardless of their E3 presentation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom