• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Discussion Thread (Question of the Day, Countdown, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This isn't journalists agreeing with you. It's journalists wanting a relationship with Nintendo that's positive for them and keeps them in the loop.

Not all of them care to do their jobs the way that some others would, such as Laura Kate Dale or Jim Sterling, who don't live in fear of being blacklisted and (occasionally) openly celebrate it. Journalists live in equal parts appreciation for and fear of major publishers, this is not some obscure factoid.

Tell me what good would leaking such information so close to the officially announced unveiling date do to the public? Leaking the Switch when we were completely in the dark about everything, I get. But we know Nintendo will announce the games and the features on January 12th/13th. Leaking information of this nature now isn't journalistic integrity. The public doesn't need to know that information now. It's not a politician or a company trying to deceive the public and courageous journalists exposing them. It's a video game company saying, "We'll reveal everything about our new system and its games on that specific date" and journalists leaking the announcements beforehand because ???*.

*clicks

I'm surprised by that scheduling. I expected something like early morning in Japan, early in the night for Europe, and late afternoon/early evening in the US. Pretty odd.

Just saw that too...so 6 for germany...when im on my way TO work...

Nope, 5am to Germany (5am CET, 4am GMT). You have to get up early :)
I have an event the day before that will likely not end before 3am so I might not get any sleep at all.... or I'll fall asleep during the Switch presentation.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
what is your avatar
what is your tag

Anyway, it's just 4 weeks. 2 weeks until the year is over and just 2 weeks into the new year. Time will fly without us noticing.

L1wyBTy.jpg

avatar is kass from the upcoming zelda game, furries are all over him and I can see why (big, muscular build with top-heavy look and broad chest and shoulders)
tag is from anime thread a few years ago

anyway I guess you are right, especially with the celebrations near

oti

Banned
3PM Australia time - I'll be working :( :(
Say your house is being attacked by a giant spider. I've seen Australia on the internet, I know this is a regular occurrence.

avatar is kass from the upcoming zelda game, furries are all over him and I can see why (big, muscular build with top-heavy look and broad chest and shoulders)
tag is from anime thread a few years ago

anyway I guess you are right, especially with the celebrations near

I had to ask, didn't I

Something like this would have done the trick and would be alot more stable as well. Also it would have displayed the screen for some additional docking features. The dock is just a very odd design really.

iklip_studio_tablet_stand_for_ipad_ipad_mini_and_android_tablets_2.jpg
I think the design of the dock is to reinforce it's not Wii U.

AmyS

Square Enix will hold a Dragon Quest XI panel this saturday, and we will likely see the game again, in its PS4 (so what the Switch version will look like) and 3DS form.
I'm really pumped for this one. We haven't got a look on the game since summer 2015.
1481580393-sans-titre-2.png

1481581026-sans-titre-3.png

1481581423-sans-titre-4.png

I will buy every version of Dragon Quest XI that gets localized. I'm hoping for all three.

Aside from the PS4 and Switch versions, I'm hopeful that the 3DS version will get released in NA (and Europe) as well, given that Nintendo said support for 3DS would last into (or through) 2018.

Clessidor

Honestly as an European I was already afraid that the event would start at 2 am or 3 am. 5 AM is actually a little bit better. So I can get at least some sleep before the event. Even though when I have to get up very early.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
will you buy multiplatform games on Switch, so that you can play it anytime/anywhere, or on PC/PS4/XBox to display it in higher resolution/ HDR on your TV?

Terrell

Tell me what good would leaking such information so close to the officially announced unveiling date do to the public? Leaking the Switch when we were completely in the dark about everything, I get. But we know Nintendo will announce the games and the features on January 12th/13th. Leaking information of this nature now isn't journalistic integrity. The public doesn't need to know that information now. It's not a politician or a company trying to deceive the public and courageous journalists exposing them. It's a video game company saying, "We'll reveal everything about our new system and its games on that specific date" and journalists leaking the announcements beforehand because ???*.

*clicks

I never made an argument about the good or ill of leaks, just that your premise that journalists shouldn't for this reason because they agree with you and your premise is extremely dubious.

And get real, EVERY video game news site wants clicks, they simply have different approaches to do so. Some bury stories so they can get in good with publishers in the hopes of spoon-fed exclusives, others want to publish what they hear when they hear it because it's newsworthy and get some notoriety for doing so.

The whole discussion about whether it's "good" or not is completely misguided and entirely misses the point.

Genio88

will you buy multiplatform games on Switch, so that you can play it anytime/anywhere, or on PC/PS4/XBox to display it in higher resolution/ HDR on your TV?

Depends, for example assuming Mass Effect Andromeda or Red Dead Redemption were available on Switch, i'd still buy them on PC since i'm able to max them out and play at the best graphics/frame rate available, for games like FIFA 17 or Rocket League instead, where graphics isn't a big deal but i'd love to be able to play wherever i want, then Switch all the time

I buy all my games on PC by default if that's an option. But I just may also buy games on Switch that I think have a lot of portable/local multiplayer value

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
Depends, for example assuming Mass Effect Andromeda or Red Dead Redemption were available on Switch, i'd still buy them on PC since i'm able to max them out and play at the best graphics/frame rate available, for games like FIFA 17 or Rocket League instead, where graphics isn't a big deal but i'd love to be able to play wherever i want, then Switch all the time
For RPGs and games that take dozens of hours to complete, I'd also prefer a Switch version.

correojon

Switch will probably be my default option, I don´t care much about graphics or technical stuff. I value more the abbility to play it on the couch and switch instantly to the TV when it´s free, like I do with WiiU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom